Direct link for us Storm 2 users (OTA):

http://mobile.vzw.com/download/BUA/B..._ba_bb9550.jad
    Last edited by C0bra K0mmander; 03-30-10 at 11:48 AM.
    03-30-10 11:38 AM
    You are AWSOME Cobra Commander!!!!!!! Totally AWESOME... Did I tell you how awesome you are. AWESOME !!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 12:05 PM
    Thank you for the link.....works great!!
    03-30-10 01:25 PM

Thank you! Way to go! Thank you!

03-30-10 01:38 PM
    Question: When I went to enter my pin, I couldn't get the keyboard to switch to letters to enter the pin. What's the secret to this?
    03-30-10 01:44 PM

Thank you! Worked perfectly!
    03-30-10 02:14 PM
    Question: When I went to enter my pin, I couldn't get the keyboard to switch to letters to enter the pin. What's the secret to this?
    Not your BB pin but the PIN you setup when you used to use Backup Assistant... Be careful as this could erase your contacts and replace it with older ones... I am looking online for a way to erase my old data from my Razor...
    03-30-10 03:16 PM
    to clear old data out of backup assistant and start fresh, hit the # button when prompted for your pin. hit # again on the next page and this will allow you to start over with a blank backup assistant database.
    03-30-10 03:34 PM
    Exactly why is back-up assistant needed? Why not just do it thru DM?
    03-30-10 04:37 PM
    Exactly what I was thinking. I guess it does do it OTA, but it's just contacts. What about everything else? The only way I can see this being useful is a person going from a different phone to a BlackBerry. That way all their contacts will transfer over. Otherwise, I don't have a clue why this would be useful.
    03-30-10 04:55 PM
    I have the icon on my phone, and was able to "supposedly" back up all my contacts (it tells me it was successful). But, when I go to the Verizon Website to edit my contacts (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=_lp9DAPp) it will not connect and I get a message that says "We were not able to process your request, please try again later." Has anyone been able to actually see their contacts on the Verizon website?
    04-01-10 04:14 PM
    Does this sync contacts OTA? Does it also sync to Outlook?
    04-01-10 05:25 PM
    I have the icon on my phone, and was able to "supposedly" back up all my contacts (it tells me it was successful). But, when I go to the Verizon Website to edit my contacts (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=gNZuzlmn) it will not connect and I get a message that says "We were not able to process your request, please try again later." Has anyone been able to actually see their contacts on the Verizon website?
    At first it kept telling me it couldn't process but after like the 3rd time, it did and all contact info was transferred over except pictures. I even changed a phone number on the website, hit the sync button there and it updated on my phone. Persistence - the key to resistance. Good luck.
    04-01-10 05:40 PM
    For people like my girlfriend who has a low PC IQ or doesn't turn on her computer very often.
    04-01-10 05:44 PM
    doesn't look like it backs up PIN numbers. I was hoping thats what the delay was for getting blackberrys on their system. Now its no different that Google Sync.
    04-09-10 11:08 AM
    Sweet! Works perfectly on my storm 1 (9530).

04-12-10 09:45 AM
    This download also works for the 9530!

Backed up all my stuff successfully!
    04-12-10 09:57 AM
    great program, super easy to use..... free is key....
    04-12-10 02:00 PM
    for people like my girlfriend who has a low pc iq or doesn't turn on her computer very often.
    lol lol lol....
    04-12-10 05:20 PM
    To answer some questions for folks who are like, "why do I need this?!?"...

Most of us current BB users don't. Backup assistant has been used by Verizon customers for quite a while to backup contacts data so that it was easy to import this information to new or replacement phones if needed. (Read: dumb phones with no DM or google sync or etc).

When I first got my S1 quite a while ago, I was really hoping that I could use backup assistant on it to import my phone numbers from my old LG phone, but alas it didn't work, and I had to manually enter all numbers into Gmail contacts...even though my S1 came with instructions for using BA to import my numbers...

Basically, this will be great for BB newcomers, but probably not much help to those of us who have already set up our devices. It could, however, be very useful if you ever have to import your numbers from your blackberry back to a dumb-phone that doesn't support whatever sync or backup method you're using now.
    04-12-10 06:09 PM
    Is a 'Real' backup system. One where caller Id pics are backed up, as well as game and 3rd party application data. Allot of apps are now letting you back the data up to the sd card. This, like so much other functionality should be an integrated part of the BB. But sadly it's not.
    04-12-10 06:15 PM
    what is DM?
    04-13-10 10:30 AM
    oh Desktop Manager. yea im not always home so OTA is perfect and i dont have to waist my time worring about it.
    04-13-10 10:31 AM
    aside from the lack of DM or PC knowledge factor, it backs up automatically so you dont have to worry about the last time you saved your info.

for many people, the contacts are the most important part of the phone database. applications can be downloaded again, emails can usually be retrieved online. but if you lose your contacts, it's pretty much game over.
    04-13-10 10:35 AM
    why not use mIQ from "BestBuy".

isn't it a "better" OTA backup service since it does more than just contacts.?
    04-13-10 10:50 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD