okay CB i have a question
    I have a Curve 8520 for t-mobile but i dont have the Blackberry service connected to my account i got a free phone from the t-mobile store then my friend who works for a tmobile store got me the phone for cheap. Now im here at my house trying to connect to the internet through the wifi but its not letting me so my question is....is it possible to connect to the internet using the wifi setting without the Blackberry Internet Service?
    12-26-09 09:59 AM
    Yes.

Go Manage Connections and set WiFi on.
    Then head to the Configurations Folder and run the WiFi wizard.
    When it tells you the connection was successful, check if the hotspot's name shows alongside with your carrier's (T-Modile - McDonalds, fox eg.), and if the WiFi logo on the home screen is white instead of gray.

Done that, open the browser and go Options. There will be Broswe Preferencies and General Options, on both, set to Hotspot Browser.

That should see it working.
    12-26-09 10:06 AM
    thanks my man....you helped me out.. i been trying to figure this out for awhile...if there was a props button i would hit it double time...
    12-26-09 10:14 AM
    Glad to know it worked.
    App hunting time for you I guess.

Oh and remember some apps DO need BIS to work. You could get Aerize WiFiX to work around that, but I believe there are apps that do the same (Nimbuzz if you want Yahoo/MSN) over WiFI.
    12-26-09 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD