Hi all.

I recently upgraded my device to the latest OS. I then proceeded to download a theme for it. After i installed the theme i noticed that the background behind the icons (menu icons, after pressing the "blackberry" button) was white. I did a battery pull, to no avail. However, the home screen had the theme background, only the menu did not. I then reset to default theme settings in options>themes and that seemed to fixed the problem (both the home screen and menu background were according to the theme).

However, whenever I restart the device, the white screen is back and i have to reset to default theme settings again. This is very annoying as it also moves all icons back to their default folders and locations.

I then thought that it was perhaps the theme that i downloaded screwing up things, so i uninstalled it. I then downloaded two other well known themes. After activating theme number 1 i noticed that the background of the uninstalled theme was still behind the menu icons! The home screen background was correct though. I then activated theme #2, and lo and behold, theme 1's background was behind the menu icons with home screen background being correct.

I have no idea what's going on. It's really annoying. I even did a clean OS install to no avail. I keep having to reset to default settings all the time.

Another thing, i noticed an application called "reset" in my downloads folder, I don't know if that will help at all?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    07-14-10 01:33 PM
    I don't know if this will fix it but give it a try.

Go to the main menu, hit the menu key, go to 'Options', scroll all the way down and click on 'Theme Defaults/Reset', check all the boxes and hit 'Apply'
    07-14-10 02:13 PM
    What theme?

Go to the app screen, press the menu button, change the layout from Zen to Today (or the other way around) then save. Then change it back. Should fix the wallpaper but not reset all your folders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 03:02 PM
    Oops double post
    Last edited by sickboy719; 07-14-10 at 03:14 PM.
    07-14-10 03:09 PM
    Is the theme you downloaded for your current OS?
    I upgraded recently and had to get themes for 5.0 becos I was getting tht white background too since the old themes were for 4.6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 04:32 PM
    Yes. The themes' are for os 5.0. I double checked. It only gives me the white background when i restart the device.
    07-15-10 07:19 AM
    Yes, I've been dealing with this problem forever. I just go to menu then themes, change the theme from zen to today and then back and everything is set.
    07-15-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD