What version of OS5 are you running? I'm curious 'cause I have seen two threads about it and I am running .509 and it it's not in the initial upgrade but not lost. Go to options>password and select to enter a new password and the padlock icon will be restored to the menu and if you remove the password at anytime the padlock icon will also be removed.

And as in those two threads I posted this and no one said anything about it, and no one mentions to which version of OS5 they upgraded to. So I say try this and see if I'm wrong, unless the password section of options is no longer there in versions of OS5 higher than .509.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 09:52 PM
    I haven't heard of people missing the password lock. Seems like most if not all can't have keylock as convient key. Passlock works, but any button you press lights screen. Keylock only does if you hit main buttons (send,bb,back,end) or numbers

07-27-10 10:29 PM
    The old version of lock went away after leak .411. People love the OS 5 experience, but miss the keylock.
    Saultnpepper likes this.
    07-27-10 10:33 PM
    I haven't heard of people missing the password lock. Seems like most if not all can't have keylock as convient key. Passlock works, but any button you press lights screen. Keylock only does if you hit main buttons (send,bb,back,end) or numbers

That I didn't know, so I tried it to see, and it seems kind of pointless to have a lock that doesn't lock the keys. I've always used hold the A button down, never saw the point in doing it any other way.

But that's why I like these forums, I learn more and more about BB's I didn't know before.

07-27-10 11:13 PM
    Ya learn more and more here ;-). I don't have a clue why RIM got rid of standby because it was the best

07-28-10 06:39 AM
    This is the very last time I explain this. I'll even add a thread to my signature later..

This has been changed with the 5.0.0.5xx implementation of 5.0. Anything below that (Leaked 5.0.0.411 for 8520 and official 5.0.0.453 for 8530 will have it behave as it did previouly).

The old KeyLock (icon/screen/method) is now exclusive to devices with a password. Set a password and you'll get it back.

Once a password is active, the Lock icon and screen will come back and you'll be able to set a convenience key to Lock the device.

Standby mode was slightly changed: more keys are going to activate the screen than before (numbers & command key). I prefer the old way where only command keys would turn the screen on. But I don't work with the dev team. A* and Mute/Play will activate Standby.

To leave Standby, HOLD (as in keep it pressed and do not release) the Mute/Play key. If you press it it will still unlock but will jump to Media.

The option to lokc when in holster will activate Standby by default. If you set a password, it will activate Lock.

I am not going to answer threads about this again.
    junnojules and agp423 like this.
    07-28-10 07:35 AM
    Wahhh. If you don't want to answer than don't. Others will help out. Geez act like its such a big deal.

07-28-10 09:24 AM
    Wahhh. If you don't want to answer than don't. Others will help out. Geez act like its such a big deal.
    This made me laugh... Getting to understand my motives, I take it?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f143/ju...5/#post5403305
    07-31-10 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD