BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1168 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1168
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.681
    * Software Platform: 5.2.0.67
    * File name: 8520wifijEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1168_PL5.2.0.67_A5.0 .0.681_Singapore_Telecom_Mobile_Pte_Ltd.exe
    * File size: 116.41MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3314DF2B3CB9CE
    05-26-10 04:33 PM
    Whats new in this build of OS?
    05-26-10 04:54 PM
    I have been using the leaked version of .681 for a while now...i love it. Maybe the Official will be better? Don't know how it could be but everything in this OS is better than any other! The FF RW function for media works great and streaming is excellent from internet! Only thing is Keyboard Lock is still missing but oh well! Lets see what everyone else thinks!
    05-26-10 06:59 PM
    Hello, I upgraded everything is great but one thing. If I download any theme for 5.0 3rd party not pre load or from Blackberry app world, this also happens on the .592 upgrade. When I try to get on the browser I get this error:

Uncaught exception:java.lang.IllegalArgum extexcetion.

I resent my service books. Battery pulled till the cows come home.

When I got to the net on the preload themes the browser is great fast.

Please help cause I love to switch my themes out.

Angi
    05-26-10 07:59 PM
    Hello, I upgraded everything is great but one thing. If I download any theme for 5.0 3rd party not pre load or from Blackberry app world, this also happens on the .592 upgrade. When I try to get on the browser I get this error:

Angi
    Go to Manage Connections > Services Status > Menu > Mobile Network Options > and make sure Data Services is on and while roaming is on.
    05-26-10 09:32 PM
    Hmm I'll be sure to try this tomorrow and see how it goes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 11:46 PM
    Any difference between this and the leaked version?

Also, does it comes with all the languages?
    thanks
    05-27-10 02:34 AM
    Go to Manage Connections > Services Status > Menu > Mobile Network Options > and make sure Data Services is on and while roaming is on.

Kevin, So I did what you said. They said on. So I turned me off waited a few turned back on and nothing
    05-27-10 08:04 AM
    This looks like the same build and platform as the leaked .681 some of us are rocking right now. Anyone switch from leak to official and see any differences? I am thinking not, due to the quick time between the leak and the official.
    05-27-10 08:22 AM

Angi
    One of your themes, or an app you loaded is not playing nice with the OS and or Java. Are all your themes for OS ver 5.0? If it is happening with all themes, then it is an app. Also, did you get the themes here on CB or somewhere else? I have only used themes from the 8520/30 theme forum and have never had this error code.

If it is still doing it after you try and isolate an app or a bad theme, I would recommend backing up your device and loading the new official OS .681. (After deleting the vendor.xml file of course.)
    05-27-10 08:32 AM
    One of your themes, or an app you loaded is not playing nice with the OS and or Java. Are all your themes for OS ver 5.0? If it is happening with all themes, then it is an app. Also, did you get the themes here on CB or somewhere else? I have only used themes from the 8520/30 theme forum and have never had this error code.

One last question. What browser is throwing the message. Native BB browser, Opera, Bolt? And what version if Opera or Bolt.
    05-27-10 08:33 AM
    This looks like the same build and platform as the leaked .681 some of us are rocking right now. Anyone switch from leak to official and see any differences? I am thinking not, due to the quick time between the leak and the official.
    I Upgraded to the official last night, there's nothing different as far as i can tell. Same platform same deal...just was changed from a leaked to an official.
    05-27-10 08:37 AM
    I Upgraded to the official last night, there's nothing different as far as i can tell. Same platform same deal...just was changed from a leaked to an official.
    That is what I thought. I'll stick with the leak unless something goes wonky on me.
    05-27-10 08:41 AM
    One last question. What browser is throwing the message. Native BB browser, Opera, Bolt? And what version if Opera or Bolt.
    Its both browers. I have native BB browser and Opera. Do you suggest I start taking apps off one at a time and try. I did add Calendar Pro that is the new app I have put on lately. Like I said before when i put on the native theme its fine. Just 3rd party themes. I did just pay and downloaded the AppleBerry theme form CB store, it doesnt work. Thanks for the help
    Angi
    05-27-10 08:50 AM
    Its both browers. I have native BB browser and Opera. Do you suggest I start taking apps off one at a time and try. I did add Calendar Pro that is the new app I have put on lately. Like I said before when i put on the native theme its fine. Just 3rd party themes. I did just pay and downloaded the AppleBerry theme form CB store, it doesnt work. Thanks for the help
    Angi
    Please dont be offended at this question, because I am not trying to insult your intellegence... just starting at the beginning. Are you sure that all your themes are for the 8520 and 5.0 compatable?
    05-27-10 08:58 AM
    i'd upgraded just now... nothing different... it was the same with the .592... i dunno where's the different... anybody knows?
    05-27-10 09:17 AM
    Great, I've been using the Leaked version for a while and all seems well. I will be installing this official version now.

Thanks for the news.
    05-27-10 11:49 AM
    Installed in just under 20 minutes...Works great...Thanks!

I've been running the last .681 leaked version since it was posted on CB (I like to use bleeding edge software ~
    I upgraded to the official release and it seems to be the same as the leak...

Will let you know if there are any changes!
    Last edited by Skylined; 05-27-10 at 01:40 PM.
    05-27-10 01:33 PM
    Please dont be offended at this question, because I am not trying to insult your intellegence... just starting at the beginning. Are you sure that all your themes are for the 8520 and 5.0 compatable?
    You are fine ask away! LOL I have now started to delete one by one. We will see.

05-27-10 02:36 PM
    Can I ask does it matter what kind of network I am? I am on Cincinnati Bell

05-27-10 02:42 PM
    hello,could anyone please instruct on how to download this.i'm having problems with it.
    Thanks
    05-27-10 05:06 PM
    Can I ask does it matter what kind of network I am? I am on Cincinnati Bell

Nope, won't matter. I am also on cbw and have been playing with all of the releases, and now on a hybrid.
    05-27-10 06:40 PM
    Nope, won't matter. I am also on cbw and have been playing with all of the releases, and now on a hybrid.
    Ok so I have the this down but I can not get the Internet to work at all. How do I do the hybrid.?
    05-27-10 07:19 PM
    Ok so I have the this down but I can not get the Internet to work at all. How do I do the hybrid.?
    There is a section for hybrids http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/

I'm running Willyboy 8520 v5.0.1 .681/.692 Just put it on tonight....but I don't want to hyjack this thread from the original post. But willyboy's hybrid runs over the leaked version from the thread we are in.
    05-27-10 08:43 PM
    There is a section for hybrids http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/

I'm running Willyboy 8520 v5.0.1 .681/.692 Just put it on tonight....but I don't want to hyjack this thread from the original post. But willyboy's hybrid runs over the leaked version from the thread we are in.
    I don't know whats going on but I still can not get this version to let me on the net witha 3rd party theme. I give!
    05-27-10 09:00 PM
154 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD