So I went to bed last night, everything was working fine. There had been absolutely nothing strange about the way the BlackBerry was acting. Only change I had made was that yesterday I installed BerryWeather. That was it. I attached the phone to the wall charger before I went to bed, as always.

I wake up this morning, and the LED is blinking in a weird pattern:

blink-pause-blink-blink-blink-pause-blink-long pause. repeat.

I hit buttons on it, and the screen doesn't turn on. Nothing happens. Can't get the screen to turn on at all. Try to turn it off by holding down the red end button. Nope. Pull the battery out for two minutes. As soon as I put it back in, the blinking pattern just begins again and nothing happens. Pull the battery out for like 5 minutes. Put it back in, and just the blinking pattern.

Anybody have any suggestions? I just bought it 2 weeks ago so I can easily still return or exchange it, but I had spent a lot of time customizing it, I had not backed it up, so all of that would be a huge pain. If I can't fix it, I will probably just end up returning it for a full refund (I paid full retail) and going back to my Flip 8230 (which I hate).

Any advice appreciated!
    12-15-09 08:47 AM
    Just a quick update. Neither Windows Desktop Manager nor Mac Desktop Manager recognizes the BlackBerry. It's as if nothing is attached to the computer when I open them.
    12-15-09 09:04 AM
    Read this and watch this.

Hope you fix it without issues.
    12-15-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD