When a lot of us got our 8350i bbs there weren't any themes around. If we installed something that was supposed to work on it, most times it ended up as a dead app in the app list, not recognized as a theme at all.

When real themes started appearing we all kind of expected some speed bumps and learned to adapt here and there to get things to work. For instance, the uncaught exception and Carrier screen hang problem when rebooting with a new theme installed. We learned how to get around this problem by switching back to a stock theme before resetting and just lived with it. With the updates to our OS (.204) some of the problems seemed to go away.

I have some themes that I can reset with and still have some that I can't, both free ones and bought ones (I have dumped every theme I've ever bought in favor of the free ones here!)

When I made my own theme a user had a problem with the uncaught exception error right after he had loaded it. That started the search for an answer.... and what do you know, we are not alone in this.

It seems our close cousin the 8900 curve running a similar 4.6 OS has also been plagued with the very same problem. They have deduced the problem arises only when unread messages exist during a reboot! From the little bit of testing I've done I can say YES, this seems to be the case. They were blaming plazmic for this (I guess I always thought it was a plazmic shortcoming too) until they finally got a peek at 5.0 OS. The problem disappeared altogether with the upgrade. Here's the link so you can read how they came to this conclusion, but I will say that I have to agree. This has been our situation too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/3r...-icons-194521/

So what do you think? Can we collectively scream loud enough so that RIM/Sprint will give us 5.0 too?
    08-08-09 10:51 AM
    I totally agree!

We are already limited to the amount of custom themes that we can use and like you stated, most of them have problems on our BB's. I hope they do release a software update for us 8350i users so that we can enjoy what we do have without the complications. Thanks for posting this as I recently had several uncaught exceptions using a custom theme.

08-08-09 06:34 PM
    finally an answer, was always wondering about this as well
    08-21-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD