Reverie is a minimal, full screen theme intended to show off your wallpaper.

Enjoy!

(custom wallpaper, available below)

Theme by Marc J.S. (AKA dagobah30)

Installation:

Reverie (with APP MENU shortcut)
    8330 OS 5.0
    8350/8520/8530 OS 4.X-5.0

(Updated 10/26/09)
    WITH weather slot: OTA
    WITHOUT weather slot: OTA

Reverie (with QUICKLAUNCH shortcut)
    8330 OS 5.0
    8350/8520/8530 OS 4.X-5.0

(Updated 10/26/09)
    WITH weather slot: OTA
    WITHOUT weather slot: OTA

To install this theme, open the OTA link that pertains to the version you want from within your BlackBerry browser. Desktop installation is not available.

Dates are in MM/DD/YY format.

If you like and use this theme, please consider making a donation:

Donate

Any and all amounts are welcome!

Features:

Weather Slot
    The theme is available both with and without a slot for your weather app. To use the weather slot version, simply place your weather app in the first (top left) spot on your application screen and it will show up on your home and lock screens.

App Menu or QuickLaunch Shortcut
    The "square" button on the left hand side of the home screen's bar provides a shortcut to either the application menu or to QuickLaunch, depending on the version of the theme you use. (The QuickLaunch app must be installed in order for its shortcut to work.)

You may feel free to link to this thread, but do not re-post or re-host the direct OTA links without permission.

The following images were generously provided by crackberry.com forum members. If you own a copyright to any of these images, you may request their removal.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 09-08-10 at 02:25 AM.
    10-12-09 08:51 PM
    It's almost the perfect theme.... see how cool this looks!

Alas I say almost because the menus do not work in opera or bolt. I'm sure this crazy defect only manifests in the 8350i, so for users of the other devices, enjoy!
    10-13-09 08:35 PM
    ooo, very cool and clean...

and most important , FAST!
    10-19-09 12:28 PM
    Could you possibly post a .zip file?
    10-19-09 05:43 PM
    Could you possibly post a .zip file?
    A better option than downloading the zip that contains an .alx file & the .cod(s) is to use the OTA files. Do it like this.

Go to Blackberry OTA downloader | download free OTA themes to your desktop
    and install the ota loader.

Copy the link location of the OTA files you want to install into the OTA downloader. It will download the .jad & .cod files you will need and put them in their own directory on the desktop (or where you designate)

Next connect your device and copy the whole directory with the .jad and .cod files to your device's ssd card. (remember where)

Ok now disconnect the usb cable, open the Media app. Hit the <menu> button and select explore. Navigate to where you copied the OTA files from the step above. Click the .jad file to begin the install. (it will be the smallest file if you cannot see the file extensions)

Have fun!
    10-19-09 07:42 PM
    thanks,
    OwtlawBB
    10-19-09 09:52 PM
    Thanks for the help, I've tried that method several times and concluded that the problem is that I don't have the browser service book. I only have the social networking data plan. I keep getting 907 invalid .cod when trying with over 9 themes and I make sure that I bring all cod files in the same area
    10-20-09 06:00 PM
    In an effort to consolidate threads, I've moved the OTA links here. This has also been reflected in the first post.
    10-21-09 10:13 PM
    I love this theme but was wondering anyway to add black menu's I can't see menu in opera or jmirc app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 07:51 AM
    Is anyone able to post a screenshot of the menu problem that appears when using this theme with 3rd party apps?
    10-22-09 09:03 AM
    apparently I'm not capable of doing this myself. Can someone give me instructions on how to get this on my phone?
    10-23-09 11:38 AM
    Is anyone able to post a screenshot of the menu problem that appears when using this theme with 3rd party apps?
    I'm not able to get a screen shot up at the moment, but picture any app that is currently running and you hit the bb menu button. You expect to see a menu with some options that are meant for this program. Some 3rd party apps can't handle the semi-transparency that plasmic uses for the 8350 (8900 too). You will see nothing or you may see the little directional arrow at the bottom of the screen denoting there are more options and to scroll down. Guessing where the trackball has landed you doesn't work very well!

The fix is EASY. In plasmic the graphic for the context menus is a tiny 22x22 png image that the OS tiles to build any size menu. It is mostly transparent with a small black circle imbedded in it. Dump this graphic and choose a solid color (or any non-transparent image really) and you're good to go! If you like the stock black then make it black. Who cares if you can "sorta" see some stuff behind there as in the stock themes.

I understand this problem may be fixed with the release of OS 5. Many theme problems shared in common with the 8900 disappeared when they loaded up the leaked os! We can hope!

Thanks for reverie in any case!
    10-24-09 10:08 PM
    FWIW, I would happily love to download when the menu issue has been resolved.
    10-25-09 12:21 PM
    Very nice, thank you.
    10-25-09 07:10 PM
    The OTAs have been updated. (I think) I've fixed the menu problem. Let me know how the update works out.
    10-26-09 02:21 PM
    Ahhh, looking good now! I don't have Opera on the phone anymore, but Bolt is just fine. Usually if one works they all do. Thanks.
    10-27-09 03:41 PM
    Dag:

Thank you sir for a mighty fine theme!

Newbie question: I downloaded the version with the weather slot b/c I had "The Weather Channel" free app. I placed it as told ("the first (top left) spot on your application screen") but only got the icon view of the app. Is this b/c it is not a premium app?

Thanks again!

Best,
    Blacker
    10-27-09 07:47 PM
    any chance of adding calendar today?

thanks
    12-12-09 10:34 AM
    Could you explain how you have the Return key set up to work as a shortcut. I thought it was just another option for opening QL, but then it unexpectedly opened my weather app.
    12-23-09 11:39 AM
    dleaton, do you have the weather app showing on your home screen? This is my permanent theme and I make this mistake sometimes: Be sure you have the little box beneath the date highlighted and not your weather icon. Whatever you have highlighted on your homescreen and you press the return key it will open that app. Good luck.
    Last edited by newman99; 12-23-09 at 02:33 PM.
    12-23-09 01:58 PM
    Marc,

Any chance you could add the calendar and mail icons that you have along the bottom on the HT(8900) version of the Reverie them to the 8350i version?

Doug
    01-26-10 10:08 AM
    CPUTOYS, what aap did you use for weather on your blackberry ?? i saw the screenshot and I like the icon with temp...
    03-31-10 02:12 PM
    CPUTOYS, what aap did you use for weather on your blackberry ?? i saw the screenshot and I like the icon with temp...
    It's Berryweather by Bellshare, it's a pay app, but does a lot of cool stuff. Get it here. BerryWeather - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

03-31-10 07:52 PM
    Thank you!! I was getting really bored with my other theme. This is very refreshing!
    05-26-10 04:55 PM
    I'm without question as green as you can possibly get, this being the first theme I have ever downloaded or put on to my (first ever) blackberry. That being said, I love this theme, after looking at maybe every possible theme advertised for a 8350, I was trying to get a simple clean theme. Most seemed cluttered and I was looking for one that would free up as much space as possible for the wallpaper. This one seems ultra clean and crisp, simple, looks great. Thanks for this theme!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 02:16 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD