I was trying to watch a video on my tour and every time the video loads I get an error message. This just started happening. I haven't changed any of the browser settings and I am running the original .40 os.

Anybody else having this problem or know how to fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 02:31 PM
    I just started having the same problem just after I got the new update on my tour
    11-04-09 04:57 PM
    Anybody?

11-05-09 09:57 AM
    I suggest calling Verizon CS regarding this. My Tour started doing the same thing yesterday. I'm aware there are apps I can download to view youtube videos, but it really irritates me that the device should be able to, and HAS in the past, view them on its own, and not needing help from some app. *sigh* just yet ANOTHER software glitch I'm sure....
    11-05-09 10:29 AM
    This is happening also on my tour. I was running stock on the new VZW sent me and it did not work. Nor did it work after I upgraded the new one to .230 which was on my other Tour.
    11-05-09 11:38 AM
    Did this just start today. I have the same problem on sprint

11-05-09 11:58 AM
    Same problem here. . . Just started to see the problem today. . . I'd hate to download an app for something that worked previously. . . . . Could Google be to blame (w/ the android on the horizon) I was able to view youtube videos last week. . . So something (or someone) has changed

Are all of us tour users?

11-05-09 12:17 PM
    I have the same problem and can't figure it out as well. Running stock .40 on mine. Giving me error message everytime. Notice that it uses the blackberry media player, maybe it has something to do with that?
    11-05-09 12:27 PM
    Confirmed here as well. I'm using 5.0.0.238 hybrid OS on Sprint.
    11-05-09 12:35 PM
    Does anyone know if any storm users are having problems? . . . I sent an email earlier (via the help) and referenced this post. . . Hopefully we'll see some results. . .

11-05-09 12:45 PM
    Started happening on my 8320 as well...sorry for the wrong BB model, but I noticed this post and I am FRUSTRATED!
    11-05-09 12:51 PM
    Well that answers it. Its not just me. I also tried two other peoples tours that I work with and I get the same error message on theirs too.

And I agree we shouldn't have to use an app for something that has worked in the past and can be accessed from the browser.

11-05-09 01:59 PM
    I am having this same problem and it began a few days ago. I got my Tour about 2 Months ago and I have never had a problem running Youtube videos linked off of any forums for viewing off the m.youtube.com mobile site. Now, it always comes up with the message "An error has occured attempting to play media."

I downloaded Xenozu so I could play some videos and that works fine but I want to be able to go to a forum site, click on a Youtube video and watch it and I cannot do that now because that takes me to the m.youtube website and the error occurs. VZW said because it is an outside company that Verizon is not repsonsible for this happening. Hmmmm.... SO Frustrating...
    11-05-09 02:04 PM
    I say we bombard the "contact us" until one of us get some type of response or it works. . . . Where's a crackberry mod when u need one. . . . The problem appears to be with the m.youtube.com - so it's going to take a lot of complaints or a lot of "power" to see some results. . . . .

11-05-09 02:08 PM
    oddly, this issue happened with me a month ago, and i'm surprised it's still happening. i thought it was just me. if it means anything...i'm running the original OS.
    11-05-09 02:10 PM
    Personally I think Google is preparing to block youtube mobile from all phones not running android os (#GoogleisthenewMicrosoft) . . . And we all know the ineptitude that means. . . . But let's hope I'm wrong. . .

11-05-09 02:20 PM
    Ooo my comment was @ 4:20. . . . Coincidence??? I think not

Last edited by Qharisma; 11-05-09 at 03:01 PM.
    11-05-09 02:21 PM
    I noticed this happened to my tour yesterday, I thought it would fix by today. Im wrong im still getting the error message.
    11-05-09 04:35 PM
    Could try using one of the youtube apps in appworld like Xenozu, maybe different results.
    11-05-09 04:35 PM
    Same issue here! Sprint BB 9630
    11-05-09 06:17 PM
    This is so frustrating!!!!! Why do these big companies have to toy with our emotions?! I just want to do what my blackberry already did in the past. If anybody comes up with some way to get around this please let me know I'm surprised there is so few of us complaining so far....
    **UpdateYoutube is working fine for me now days

Last edited by joshua.worth; 12-08-09 at 01:12 PM.
    11-05-09 06:54 PM
    Oh it may be worth noting that I made one youtube video work so far since this started. Also I did wipe my handled just to try and get it to work to no avail. I haven't downloaded the app yet I'm hoping it will just be fixed and back to normal.

11-05-09 06:57 PM
    Not working for me either. I started a thread about this about a week ago and nobody has given me a solution other that using something like xenzou. I'll be following this for any possible updates.
    11-06-09 02:22 AM
    I had never noticed this before, but if you visit youtube.com through the bb browser and scroll all the way to the bottom, there is a link to optimize youtube for your mobile device. Click this and run through the various questions. Maybe this will help.

Last week, youtube didn't work temporarily for me, but it appears to mostly work now. Occasionally, there will be the odd video that doesn't play.

What I am wondering about though, is that the optimization asks if the phone can play mp4/aac, which the bb can ... But I cannot view their test video. So I am stuck with the low quality vids as we have all become accustomed to on bb...

11-06-09 06:24 AM
    I had this happening last week to me. No matter what video it wouldn't play. I tried downloading one of those apps but It didn't do anything, just hung. I'm frustrated.

11-06-09 06:49 AM
125 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD