Still leary on the patch. Did the wife's tour but not one thing seemed different. All the same issues persist. I have not yet done the patch to my tour. Side by side comparison I see no difference.
    Also why when I try to download the os from vzw I still get 272? I don't like ota upgrades because I wipe the phone before any install of os's
    But really has anyone figured what ezactly the patch fixes?.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 03:02 PM
    Target Device: BlackBerry Tour 9630 Wireless Handheld(™)
    Patch Name: MR2.5
    File Size: 144 MB

Not sure but I am happy on other OS's
    04-20-10 03:10 PM
    I am pretty sure its an update to Nuance. Probably for the PTT and voice dialing.

04-20-10 03:48 PM
    Maybe they should focus less on ptt and vd and worry more about the browser, memory and battery life.

04-20-10 03:56 PM
    I just saw it on the vzw site. It has something to do with gmail plug-in.

04-20-10 04:27 PM
    I posted a download link for newer patched version of .591 HERE for people on other carriers.
    04-20-10 04:35 PM
    Gmail plugin. Awesome. Something else I have no need for.

04-20-10 04:44 PM
    If it were just a Gmail plugin should that require the extensive 1 hr install though??
    04-20-10 05:51 PM
    If it were just a Gmail plugin should that require the extensive 1 hr install though??
    That's what I was thinking. They had to of changed more to the os as a whole or we could have just downloaded a patch into the current os. Geeze vzw get us a good os, your making sprint look good! Lol

04-20-10 06:38 PM
    Desktop manager says It's a 5.0.0 software update Gmail enhanced plug-in.

04-21-10 07:08 AM
    Desktop manager says It's a 5.0.0 software update Gmail enhanced plug-in.

It says that it's a software update, and an update to the Gmail plugin.

I'm sure that it's a revision on the software to fix the multitude of problems that everyone expressed they had when upgrading to .591 originally (platofrm .272 or whatever). There probably isn't any list, because it's most likely the inner workings of the OS, not something that is tangible, that you'll be able to see.
    04-21-10 07:45 AM
    RIM Tour Displaying �Technical issue. Please return to place of purchase for repair.� after upgrading to MR2 software

Posted on 4/20/10

Description
    The RIM Tour MR2 software has been revised since a very small number of RIM Tour devices experience a rare condition where it displays a white screen with the message "Technical issue. Please return to place of purchase for repair."

Resolution
    MR2.5 software (5.0.0 Release 1059 (Applications 5.0.0.591 / Platform 4.2.0.284) is now available to customers to prevent this rare issue from occurring. This software will be made available via over the air (OTASL) for customers on MR1 and on the web (WebSL) and BlackBerry Desktop Manager for all customers on 4/ 20. For customers whose device is experiencing this issue, a Recovery tool for the Flashbox computers was pushed to the stores on 4/20 that can be used to restore the customer's device to full functionality without the loss of any customer data.

Here are instructions for using the Recovery tool:
    Connect the Tour device to the Flashbox computer using the USB cable. Launch the recovery tool by double-clicking on the executable file. Have the customer enter the device password (only if required) and the update is complete (~1-2min). Once updated and the 'Done' message (shown below) is presented, the device can be disconnected as it reboots with all user data and applications remaining intact.

Exchange
    If for any reason the recovery process is unsuccessful, the customer should be provided a Certified-Like New Replacement regardless of warranty status.

The bulletin has been posted in InfoManager Knowledge Base: Go to InfoManager > Tech Support > Technical Support Tool > Overview - Technical Support Tool >

04-21-10 10:59 AM
    "a very small number of RIM Tour devices experience a rare condition"

LOL

Love the wording they have...
    04-21-10 12:54 PM
    i know! "Rare condition" is hilarious.

04-21-10 01:00 PM
    I think it fixed my browser click. All I know is that I'm happy. Since I don't text ($^$# VZW and their $20 a month texting on top of the $29.99) and use GV I don't know whether the random ringtones still happen.
    04-21-10 02:45 PM
    Now they need to fix the "Rare Battery Drain Condition", "Rare Memory Leak Condition" and "Rare Browser Click Condition"

Chrissy, PIN me at 30e7df02

I couldnt find anyone that was interested in Battery Drain, Memory leak on this new updated, Update of an update.

I just installed it and will send you findings as I get them, along with others who were interested.
    04-21-10 03:13 PM
    Exchange
    If for any reason the recovery process is unsuccessful, the customer should be provided a Certified-Like New Replacement regardless of warranty status.
    Ummmmm....Not to sound naive, but if their software update nukes your device, shouldn't they replace it with a NEW unit??
    04-21-10 04:06 PM
    So VZW is not interested in the issues that are destroying the BlackBerry brand's reputation for reliability and business friendliness, instead they are only interested in the issue that causes people to come into the stores. I guess VZW is getting the iPhone after all.
    04-21-10 08:07 PM
    Patch fixed my mms audio problem. No more playing phantom sounds from mms messages after calls.

04-22-10 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD