I went to go clean my tour with a little bit of windex and somehow it got inside my blackberry screen. Now it has splatter spots over the screen. the phone still works but its annoying. verizon said they can do nothing about it.is there anyway to fix it ?
    07-06-10 10:04 AM
    Inside the screen?
    07-06-10 10:16 AM
    yeppp never seen that ever happen
    07-06-10 10:31 AM
    Windex!?!

You should know that the ammonia in Windex will haze plastics. Never use Windex. Denatured Alcohol will do a great job of removing smudges without damaging plastics. It may even work on your spots by displacing them with fast drying alcohol, but you could brick your phone too, so proceed with caution.
    07-06-10 11:36 AM
    You just voided your warranty, dude. NEVER use any type of ccleaning compound on ANY electronic device, unless approved by the manufacturer. Isopropyl Alcohol usually works well in small amounts on a lint-free cloth for cleaning.
    07-06-10 11:44 AM
    Windex?! Really? Why not a microfiber cleaning cloth? I think you're pretty much stuck...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 12:39 PM
    look online for a DIY screen removal?
    or get some compressed air and blast the corners?
    stick it in a bowl of white uncooked rice overnight?
    pack it in silica gel?
    07-07-10 12:20 AM
    If you opt for the silica gel or rice, make sure you place the device in the substrate in a sealed container. You want the desiccation process to be concentrated on your device, not the surrounding environment.
    07-07-10 12:46 AM
    I use them pre - sprayed clean wipes lysol brand. Just pull from container and wipe. Also good to dysinfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 10:09 AM
    the screen is almost dried out took a little while though
    07-07-10 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD