So when I picked up my Tour on Sunday, I decided to add Visual VoiceMail to my account. Figured I'd give it a whirl. Downloaded the VVM app, it downloaded my VM, played them no problem.

Fast forward to Friday night, I get my first VM, only I didn't get a VVM update but the old "o_o" icon. I forced VVM to resync, it downloaded the VM, played it no problem. After about an hour or so the "o_o" was still there. So I called VZW, "what's up?". Seems VVM wasn't actually put on my account, yet it was halfway working. They activated VVM, tested it and got the new VVM icon. Deleted the VM and it went away, but the original "o_o" persisted.

I tried leaving a new VM, calling *86 and deleting it that way. No dice. I tried deleting VVM, then leaving a VM and calling *86 and deleting. No dice. Then I called VZW again, asked them if there was something they could do on their end. They verified I had no new messages and my only other options was to hard reset or OS reinstall the phone.

They claimed that if it -still- persisted after that, the only other option was to give me a new phone but insisted that an OS reinstall should fix the problem. I guess we'll see here in a little bit when it's done. At least doing a BB backup/restore isn't all that painful to do...just kind of annoying is all.

Figured I would bore you all with my story while I'm waiting for the OS to download...
    07-17-09 10:21 PM
    and yup, reinstalled the OS and the "o_o" is finally gone. yay!
    07-17-09 10:54 PM
    I have the exact same problem right now. I really don't want to re install the OS though. I wish there was another way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 12:21 PM
    Reinstalling took 20m tops, that's including restore. Faster than having a VZW CS phone call!
    07-18-09 12:50 PM
    I don't even have my tour yet and already set up youmail
    it is voicemail but not through verizon and it has free visual voicemail
    07-18-09 01:13 PM
    I was testing out my voicemail earlier and some icon would not go away, so I went back to the Bell store and it turned out it was the SMS icon and I was not looking there.
    07-18-09 01:22 PM
    I simply don't like YouMail. Not to say it's not a viable alternative for others.
    07-18-09 01:51 PM
    I had the same problem when I added vvm. The notification icon for a vm was stick there. I just backed up my phone data and wiped the device. No more icon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 02:12 PM
    I had it too. Did the wipe, reload, restore this morning. Took all of like 30 minutes for everything. I'm not going to use VVM anymore on the phone unless they come out with an OS update for it to either 4.7.1.40+ OR 5.0!
    07-18-09 03:05 PM
    Had the same issue with the voicemail icon being stuck after using Visual Voicemail. However, just leaving myself another message and deleting that one fixed the problem! No reinstallation needed! Which is great since I have a mac. Anyone having this issue with VVM, at least try this before reinstalling. Good luck!
    07-24-09 02:29 PM
    Had the same issue with the voicemail icon being stuck after using Visual Voicemail. However, just leaving myself another message and deleting that one fixed the problem! No reinstallation needed! Which is great since I have a mac. Anyone having this issue with VVM, at least try this before reinstalling. Good luck!
    THANKS! that worked for me too
    07-31-09 09:07 AM
    I HAD the same problem.

I just tried calling myself, leaving a message, and deleting it. It didn't work for me. I noticed that when I left the message the symbol went from "o_o" to "1 o_o" and when I deleted the message it went back to "o_o".

I tried a battery pull and that got it to go away.

And NO WAY I'm reinstalling the OS. I finally got all the AT&T crapware off of it, and I'm not doing it again.

----
    On another note:

I was very dissapointed with YouMail. The system works, but there are all these incredibly annoying little quirks that drove me insane. I had for 3 days and it was off my phone on the 4th.

On the other hand, AT&T's free visual voice mail is realllly cool. A 100 times better than youmail. I'd never ever recommend that to anyone. Unless you were hellbent on visual voice mail and had literally no other options.
    10-22-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD