Will the storm be considered "equal value" to the tour? I ask this because I want to use the lemon deal they have where after you go through three you can trade to a phone of equal value. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 07:11 AM
    That will probably depend on how much money the storm retails for in a VZW store. If the retail price of the storm is the same as the tour then yes, they have equal value.
    06-30-09 07:31 AM
    no, it will not be...the list of phones are a new storm or touch diamond

they move you into a comparable model, which is another full touchscreen phone
    06-30-09 08:24 AM
    no, it will not be...the list of phones are a new storm or touch diamond

they move you into a comparable model, which is another full touchscreen phone
    Nope. At least from my recent conversation with a CSR, they told me that a comparable phone would be another 3G BB. There currently aren't any available and so i asked about the Tour.

He said that I could use the lemon policy (I'm on Storm #4) to swap out for a Tour when it's released, otherwise I could get a Curve immediately. I told him i'd wait for the Tour. He made a note on my account and said to simply walk in the store when it's released and they would make sure it was a smooth swap.

YMMV. Good luck!
    06-30-09 08:39 AM
    Nope. At least from my recent conversation with a CSR, they told me that a comparable phone would be another 3G BB. There currently aren't any available and so i asked about the Tour.

He said that I could use the lemon policy (I'm on Storm #4) to swap out for a Tour when it's released, otherwise I could get a Curve immediately. I told him i'd wait for the Tour. He made a note on my account and said to simply walk in the store when it's released and they would make sure it was a smooth swap.

YMMV. Good luck!
    I think it depends on what CSR you get. I was told I couldn't swap out and that I could only get a brand new storm (I'm on my 4th).

Luckly one of my lines has a NE2 so I can still get it cheap.
    06-30-09 09:03 AM
    I think it depends on what CSR you get. I was told I couldn't swap out and that I could only get a brand new storm (I'm on my 4th).

Luckly one of my lines has a NE2 so I can still get it cheap.
    Sorry to hear that man. I would much rather trade the Storm than fork over the $200. Though i've come to love it so i'm kinda thinking i might just upgrade anyway. torn....
    06-30-09 09:06 AM
    Sorry to hear that man. I would much rather trade the Storm than fork over the $200. Though i've come to love it so i'm kinda thinking i might just upgrade anyway. torn....
    This thread prompted me to call back. The girl I spoke to this time Informed me I could only get refurbished phones because I got a brand new on with-in the first 30 days.
    I told her my account should be noted that I can get a brand new one, and she said the previous CSR was wrong.

She's overnighting me another referb...

I really can't wait for the tour.
    06-30-09 09:14 AM
    This thread prompted me to call back. The girl I spoke to this time Informed me I could only get refurbished phones because I got a brand new on with-in the first 30 days.
    I told her my account should be noted that I can get a brand new one, and she said the previous CSR was wrong.

She's overnighting me another referb...

I really can't wait for the tour.
    Great, now i have no faith in the account note added by the last CSR i talked to a couple days ago.

Scared to call back...
    06-30-09 09:16 AM
    Great, now i have no faith in the account note added by the last CSR i talked to a couple days ago.

Scared to call back...
    haha. Sorry!

But yea, I lost faith in that a long time ago..

I got screwed on some charges that I were told being refunded.
    06-30-09 09:47 AM
    Well it would be $100 with the NE2
    06-30-09 10:32 AM
    Well it would be $100 with the NE2
    I'm not the primary line on my account so i don't have the NE2 credit unfortunately.
    06-30-09 10:33 AM
    I'm headed into Verizon store today so i'll report back with my results. Thanks for the responses.
    06-30-09 06:44 PM
    the tour actually full retails lower then the storm so it shouldn't be a issue..
    06-30-09 10:03 PM
    Ok here's my results. I went to the verizon store today and asked about switching devices to the tour. It says that I am only on my third device but i'm positive I've had 5. But that is beside the point. I was told that I was not a candidate and the tour would NOT be considered an equal value device. She did offer me to trade for an omneia or trade down to a curve or a brand new storm. I declined all of them politely. I went home and called 611 and happened to get a supervisor. I asked him about the tour and if it would be equal value and told him my situation. He said that they had no info on the tour and said that they probably wouldn't tell the 11th. While he was looking we had a very nice conversation about a competition all the supervisor on who could take the most calls. I told him that I had heard the retail would be 489 and he said if that was the case it would likely be comprobable value. So I asked if he could put a note on my account and he didn't reply but I could hear typing. About 30 seconds later he said alright I put a note saying that you have been approved for the exchange and one will be waiting for you on the 12th. I was very gratuitous and let him know. So the moral of the story is to be very nice and ask them how they are doing and it will get you a long way. Good luck everyone. Sorry if there is any grammar errors put my storm couldn't keep up with me :/

06-30-09 10:36 PM
    Oh I forgot to add that the lady at the store said there was a possibility I could upgrade to the tour at the 2 year price and the contract that goes along with it.

06-30-09 10:39 PM

YMMV. Good luck!
    Does the lemon policy mean 3rd storm or 4th assuming the first one you bought originally is considered the first storm? I just got my second replacement so I am on my 3rd storm. I'm hoping to pull this off and get a tour or something. I'll go through executive relations if I have to.
    Last edited by oakindustries; 06-30-09 at 11:09 PM.
    06-30-09 11:05 PM
    Does the lemon policy mean 3rd storm or 4th assuming the first one you bought originally is considered the first storm? I just got my second replacement so I am on my 3rd storm. I'm hoping to pull this off and get a tour or something.
    I did it and i'm on my third right now. But then again the guy on the phone never mentioned that he just gave it to me lol.

06-30-09 11:11 PM
    I spoke to business sales today...i am porting someone from AT&T and wanted to get a Tour for that person. Took all my information for the port and the new order and told me they would contact me when the order was placed...Hopefully he said i would get the tour a few days after release barring any back orders...BUT I have a storm and the CSR asked me do you want to upgrade to the Tour as well? I said not for retail price? he said no, you will pay the ne2 price plus a new 2 year agreement." so it sounds like it is not equal value...but again i haven't returned my storm it has worked just fine for me...
    06-30-09 11:29 PM
    Thanks for the info didn't know you can do this
    06-30-09 11:32 PM
    I would get the only storm that works so i cant do the lemon policy swap =P.
    06-30-09 11:55 PM
    I would get the only storm that works so i cant do the lemon policy swap =P.
    You could actually just go in and say it's being slow and they're believe you lol
    07-01-09 12:27 AM
    @JayRay02

Glad it all worked out. I'm excited now, but I'm so torn between keeping my Storm and upgrading at the two year price (i'm eligible) vs swapping the storm for the tour...

Is there a pole already for this? I feel like i need some third party influence. I don't want to miss the Storm and have to ask for it back b/c i don't like the Tour.

Do you think they'll let me upgrade to to the Tour at 2 year price, then w/in the 30 days if i like it, let me turn in my Storm for a swap (essentially getting my $200 back)?
    07-01-09 08:54 AM
    @JayRay02

Glad it all worked out. I'm excited now, but I'm so torn between keeping my Storm and upgrading at the two year price (i'm eligible) vs swapping the storm for the tour...

Is there a pole already for this? I feel like i need some third party influence. I don't want to miss the Storm and have to ask for it back b/c i don't like the Tour.

Do you think they'll let me upgrade to to the Tour at 2 year price, then w/in the 30 days if i like it, let me turn in my Storm for a swap (essentially getting my $200 back)?
    I have a feeling they won't let you do the swap if you are eligible for a 2 year upgrade. They really didn't want to do it for me and I have been with them for 5 or 6 years. I had to call and get the right person, if you are going to try I would attempt calling and be as nice as possible. Ask them about their day and what not and if they say no ask to talk to a supervisor and hope you get the same one i do.
    07-03-09 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD