So way back when the storm came out I jumped on it like a fat kid and cake and stuck with it for awhile but eventually got fed up. Today I type this from my tour and I am blown away. I never understood why ppl loved bb so much until now. The storm,I now know, was a complete failure.

Anyone else have their bb dreams crushed by the storm and revived with the tour?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 08:09 PM
    exactly. a lot of people that never owned a Blackberry before other then a storm have no idea what a blackberry is suppose to do, and be like.
    09-10-09 08:33 PM
    Ya storm was my firsy bb and I moved into a curve then this tour woot!

09-10-09 08:35 PM
    Love my storm and its my first BB but my wife's tour is quick and has great memory management...I would not give up the big screen and I hope the S2 is like a touch screen tour.

09-10-09 08:38 PM
    Love my storm and its my first BB but my wife's tour is quick and has great memory management...I would not give up the big screen and I hope the S2 is like a touch screen tour.

How long have you had the storm?

I will more than likely give the Storm2 a tryout but will prob go back to the tour... i love this f-in BB
    09-10-09 08:53 PM
    Yeah. It is an amazing phone. Extremely quick even on it's first release OS. I can't wait for more OS updates to come on in.

09-10-09 09:12 PM
    Yes. The Tour has been much better than the Storm. If the phone OS is this solid the next OS update should be out of this world!
    09-10-09 09:23 PM
    Stop talking about my phone!!!! T.T

09-10-09 09:26 PM
    after playing with a friends storm for a while one night, i don't think i could get the hang of the touchscreen.. i thought i would like it, but i missed my little ball
    09-10-09 09:28 PM
    I just got the Tour yesterday, and I *LOVE* it. Seriously, it was so user friendly right out of the box. My boyfriend has the Storm and I've played with it a lot. He hasn't really had any major problems with it, but I just can't get the hang of a touch screen. I'm coming to the Tour from a Curve 8330 and, for me, there is just no comparison. I am very, very pleased with my decision to get the Tour, despite some of the negative reviews I've read.

Obviously, I've only had it for less than 24 hours, and problems could develop. But, if it keeps running just like it has today...this will be a GREAT phone!!!!
    09-11-09 12:09 AM
    Started with the pearl, too small for me, went to a curve, loved it. Got a storm on day one, went back to the curve on day 29. LOVE the tour. Best phone BB by far.
    09-11-09 08:06 AM
    I think as of right now, The Storm transformed to a worthy phone, and doesn't deserve all of the hate. Still understandable for the people who had to return it 5 times and counting, but I could say the same for some in the Tour forum.
    09-11-09 08:28 AM
    lastnight i had to clear out some stuff for my buddy on his storm and i have to say, i do miss the size of the screen
    09-11-09 08:46 AM
    Pearl then storm then curve and now tour. Tour is by far the best imho. Now I just had a brief bought with the Iphone but am back. I actually really liked the Iphone but ATT is terrible in my area. Now that I am back to my Tour full time, I realize how much more efficient it is than the Iphone.

As for bashing the Storm, I did not see that in this thread, but I do believe people have a right to do it. It was released with so many issues that RIM should have been slapped. Yes, they have improved, but the bashers were not sticking around and hoping for improvements. Storm 2 looks extremely promising and although I love this phone, I enjoyed the big screen of the Storm and Iphone

09-11-09 08:51 AM
    Just wanted to add that I went through 4 tours ....got fed up and returned to my curve. I decided to get the storm bc it was so cheap and I love it. Other than getting used to typing on the keyboard, its great!

09-11-09 09:04 AM
    The Tour is a great phone. I have been a blackberry user for close to a decade, and have had literally every model provided on the GSM carriers, and VZW. I got a Storm when it came out (opening day), and used it up until one week ago. I liked the storm, but it certainly had it's struggles.

Over time, I got used to the Storm and I was really happy with it. My wife had a curve and wanted a Tour, so I got her one. They were having the BOGO sale, so I picked up a Tour as well. I figured I would probably just sell the Tour and keep my Storm. Well, let's just say that using the Tour reminded of what blackberry's are really all about, and how they should perform. I sold my Storm the day after getting the Tour, and have never looked back.

If you have a Storm, and have had it for a while, you have gotten used to it and will probably love it - it's a great phone. Just make sure you don't use a snappy QWERTY device (RIM's bread and butter), because you will quickly realize that the Storm's big screen is a major compromise.
    09-11-09 10:10 AM
    I want to try and get a storm for myself soon. The storm users are saying that the leaked OS 5.0 will make the phone quicker and all that jazz. I'll consider picking one up soon. The storm seems promising sometimes.

09-11-09 10:32 AM
    I want to try and get a storm for myself soon. The storm users are saying that the leaked OS 5.0 will make the phone quicker and all that jazz. I'll consider picking one up soon. The storm seems promising sometimes.

lol yeah right.

the Tours OS as it is even right now is a lot faster then the 5.0 verison on the storm.

I still have my old storm, I loaded up 5.0.191 on the storm to see what the fuss was about. Its not that fast at all and my Tour still out performs it even without the 5.0 on the Tour right now. The only thing which is different on the storm is they have flick scrolling.. big deal.
    09-11-09 10:43 AM
    now i have never been a bb user but i love my storm wanted iphone but got the storm now when i play with someones iphone it is like how could i have been so stupid to want this toy , now ppl that had trouble with theres i am sorry that it sucked but now since i got 5.0.191 it is flawless except the camera and app compatability, thats all folks
    09-11-09 10:45 AM
    The BB Tour is my very first BB...I'm loving it!
    09-11-09 12:14 PM
    How long have you had the storm?

I will more than likely give the Storm2 a tryout but will prob go back to the tour... i love this f-in BB
    I have had the storm since january and I'm still on my first one...only problem is some dust under my screen in the corners. I bet once you have the bid screen of the S2 you won't go back.

09-11-09 12:19 PM
    So way back when the storm came out I jumped on it like a fat kid and cake and stuck with it for awhile but eventually got fed up. Today I type this from my tour and I am blown away. I never understood why ppl loved bb so much until now. The storm,I now know, was a complete failure.

Anyone else have their bb dreams crushed by the storm and revived with the tour?

I had the same experience. I returned the Storm after two weeks. I wanted to love it but it was so frustrating.

The Tour is awesome.
    09-11-09 12:27 PM
    Fortunately, my friend started out with the Storm and after messing around with his a little, I got a preview of what that product would mean to me.

In my research efforts I stumbled across Crackberry forums and after some reading was able to determine that the Tour might be a better fit for my needs.

Then I heafed to the VZ store and played around with the demo models and decided that the Tour was indeed what I wanted. My friend with the Storm can't wait to change after checking out my Tour and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

This phone flat rocks!
    09-11-09 12:48 PM
    The BB Tour is my very first BB...I'm loving it!
    same. very good device.
    09-11-09 01:09 PM
    i felt the same was as the op when I put irtehun's hybrid on my tour for the first time. I never new a bb could run so good.
    09-11-09 01:41 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD