Update: Seidio 2600 for Tour Now Available from ShopCrackBerry.com!

When it becomes available, I'd like to request if someone would be kind enough to upload some images of the new Seidio 2600 mah battery (installed, of course) that is shipping to pre-buyers this week.

The single image that is on their site doesn't show the angles I was hoping to see with the battery door installed. I have a Seidio 2600 mah on my 8703 that was very visually tasteful in appearance...(LOVED the battery life), but I have also seen my colleague's Curve with his Seidio battery and it looked awful, imho. Very square lines...and heavy added thickness.

So...whenever someone gets the opportunity, I am formally requesting some pictures from a few different angles, so I can see if it will look ok.

Thanks.
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 09-17-09 at 08:29 AM. Reason: added link
    09-08-09 09:51 AM
    Yea I would like to see this to....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 09:52 AM
    id like to see this as well before i would buy one....
    09-08-09 10:20 AM
    What's makes it so undecisive about the added profile of their batteries are that it's variances throughout the line of Blackberry devices.

Like mentioned before, the Seidio battery for my 8703e was great. Added some thickness to it, but the battery door design was tasteful and visually appealing.

My friend's Storm Seidio battery and door is pretty nice and appealing as well. Another co-worker has one on her BB Bold. Looks good. 3500 mAH.

The other ones that I have seen with Seidio batteries installed that are "less visually appealing" (again, imo) are the BB 89xx Curve and the 8830 devices. The 8900 is probably the worst that I have personally seen. The hump on the back of the phone is MASSIVE and gawdy.

Anyways, I am eagerly looking forward to seeing post installation consumer pictures.
    09-08-09 11:40 AM
    id like to see this as well before i would buy one....
    We will post more pictures today.

Thanks

Seidio
    09-08-09 11:44 AM

Thanks

Seidio
    thank you!
    09-08-09 12:09 PM
    I just got/getting the 360 Seidio case (well it's on the FedEx truck should be here any minute).Well you be making a back that fits the 2600 mAH battery for the 360 case?
    CS couldn't answer me when I order the case, when I asked them.
    But I couldn't wait, I needed the case. And the way the Tour battery life is,
    I want/need to get the 2600 battery, but don't want to have but a whole new case!
    09-08-09 12:10 PM
    Well, since it doesn't appear that Seidio makes an Innocase hardcase that accommodates any of their extended batteries and door, on any other previous BB model, I doubt that we'll ever see one for the Tour.

Although, depending on how much bulk is already added to the Tour with their new 2600 mAH battery and door, compounding it with an innocase would be pretty much over the top, imo.
    09-08-09 03:47 PM
    I had the Seidio case for my 8330 Curve with there extended battery.
    When I first got the Curve, those were the first things I got for it.
    And the case went though a lot and it's still in good shape.
    So I'm guessing they will come out with a case for the Tour that will fit the extended battery that they sell.
    09-08-09 04:38 PM
    Well, since it doesn't appear that Seidio makes an Innocase hardcase that accommodates any of their extended batteries and door, on any other previous BB model, I doubt that we'll ever see one for the Tour.

Although, depending on how much bulk is already added to the Tour with their new 2600 mAH battery and door, compounding it with an innocase would be pretty much over the top, imo.
    incorrect. they do make a case for there extended batteries.

Thanks

Seidio
    any luck on getting pictures posted today like you said? would they be on your website or you gonna post the pics on here?
    09-08-09 05:18 PM
    They do have a pic on there web site of the battery and door. (Innocell 2600 Extended Life Battery). It's not that great of a pic.
    09-08-09 05:29 PM
    incorrect. they do make a case for there extended batteries.
    I stand corrected, however, I notice that they only make it for a couple of Blackberry models, one of the Curve models and the Storm (Only Innocase Surface I) Also, I noticed that none of the Innocase Surface II versions accommodate any of the extended batteries (from what I can see, at least).

Looking at the Innocase Surface I Extended for the 83xx Curve models, it really makes the battery hump on the back look exaggerated.
    They do have a pic on there web site of the battery and door. (Innocell 2600 Extended Life Battery). It's not that great of a pic.
    yeah we know which is why Seido said they would post more pictures today...
    Pictures are up of this guys! Just go to the product details page and click on the image. They posted some side and back shots as well as a more clear image of the cover actually on the phone. Looks like I WILL be buying one very soon.

seidioonline.com
    Last edited by gmkahuna; 09-08-09 at 06:17 PM.
    09-08-09 06:14 PM
    NICE! Thats actually not to bad looking.... putting in my order right now.....
    09-08-09 06:15 PM
    I like it. Rounded corners make for an appealing looking cover to me. Looks like they put some thought into this one.
    09-08-09 06:17 PM
    Oh wow barely a difference. I wonder if the phone will still fit in the stock holster that comes with the phone? That looks very sleek, especially for a possible 90% improvement on battery life. Ordering one as son as I get paid.
    09-08-09 06:20 PM
    Hopefully they will have the back part of there 360 Case to go with the 2600battery! Then I'll be putting in my order ASAP...
    09-08-09 06:27 PM
    if it doesnt fit the stock case, and they make one that works with the extended battery, I will sure as **** be ordering that the second it comes out as well.
    09-08-09 06:39 PM
    Well hopefully they will hear us and make the backs for there cases, so we can get there extended 2600 battery....
    09-08-09 06:43 PM
    Here are the photos that we have for your viewing enjoyment! Please let us know if you have any other questions:

We are also currently working on the Innocase Surface Extended, Innocase 360 Extended, as well as a Desktop Charging Cradle to be used with or without our cases and extended batteries on! Please stay tuned.
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 09-08-09 at 07:13 PM.
    09-08-09 07:00 PM
    That's what I like about Seidio, they cover all the bases when they start working on a project.
    09-08-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks for the pics and info about the extended cases. Any idea of a ETA for cases? Also will we be able to get just the extended back of the case? I just got the 360 case and holster combo in the mail today. BTW looks and works great.
    09-08-09 07:52 PM
    Wow that's not bad at all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 08:10 PM
    Here are the photos that we have for your viewing enjoyment! Please let us know if you have any other questions:

We are also currently working on the Innocase Surface Extended, Innocase 360 Extended, as well as a Desktop Charging Cradle to be used with or without our cases and extended batteries on! Please stay tuned.
    Very nice. Thank you for responding so quickly to this request. Unlike some of the other "unfavorably appealing" models that I've seen, this one looks very tasteful, low profile, and more refined than some of your others. I will be placing my order tonight.

Questions:

-Regarding your Innocase developments for this extended battery. Would this be the Innocase Surface I, such as the few that were made available for older BB devices with your extended batteries, or are you developing an Innocase Surface II for the Tour with extended battery support? Personally, I prefer the Surface II considerably more than your original Surface. My concern on this is that if a Surface II is released, then I will have to re-purchase a holster compatible with the cover. Please advise.

-Out of curiosity, why did the BB Bold get a 3500 mAH battery where most other BB extended batteries from Seidio are generally 2600 mAH? Not that I really like the bulk that the 3500 mah battery gave to the Bold, but just curious why deviate from the more common extended capacity with the Bold release? I'm guessing perhaps that the Bold wasn't exactly as energy efficient as the Tour or some of the other BB models?

-"UP TO 3mm THICK". What does this imply? Is there a variance to the size constant somewhere? Please clarify.

Ok, time to order my battery. Again, thanks for the efficient response and good work on the battery design and profile.
    Last edited by Mthr1; 09-08-09 at 10:01 PM.
    09-08-09 09:06 PM
123 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD