Since RIM does not allow 2-way call recording on the BB itself, I've been looking for another way. It occurred to me that I might be able to record calls by adding a BlueTooth interface to the standard "line in" 3.5mm jack of a separate digital (or cassette for that matter) audio recorder. So I've spent a couple hours browsing around. I found a few BT audio adapters, notably this one from Sony Ericsson. It's made to let a BT-equipped device stream music to a receiver that doesn't have BT built in. The main purpose is to play music from your phone on a home stereo, but it seems as though it might allow me to stream audio into a digital recorder.

Questions:
    1. Has anybody tried anything like this?
    2. It seems as though using this would require the BB Tour to be able to pair with, and communicate SIMULTANEOUSLY with, a BT headset for the call itself and with the BT adapter for the recording device. Can the Tour do that?
    3. Since it uses the A2DP protocol -- I barely know what that is, but I gather it's for stereo music etc. -- am I mistaken in believing it could work at all with a phone call?
    4. Has anybody found any other call recording solution?

BTW, it doesn't work for my purposes, because it's limited to 8 minutes of recording, but this gadget is a BT headset with built-in recorder.
    11-11-09 03:12 PM
    Just get a headphone spitter, run one line to your pc, one to headphones for you. Then have a mic on your pc and talk so both things can hear it. Have it record from both items @ the same time into one stream.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 03:43 PM
    Might work. Interesting idea. I'm looking for a more portable solution, and not so many wires.
    11-11-09 05:34 PM
    An easy way to test your theory would be to borrow two different Bluetooth headsets, pair to both, then attempt to talk on both simultaneously. If it worked, then your idea would work. I'd be surprised if it did, but it would be good to know.

Stereo Bluetooth headsets work fine with mono phone calls. The same signal goes to both ears, so the voice sounds like it's in the back of your head. I like the effect.
    11-12-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD