QuickLaunch 2.11 for the 9630 is now available!

QuickLaunch is finally available for the tour.
    The version is 2.11 which includes everything in version 2.10 that is on other devices but with one new feature:

Stay Lit
    This will allow you to keep the backlight on which is good for reading or when using maps etc. This feature is located in the 'Add Applications' section.
    (similar in function to BBLight and other apps like that)

QL Stay Lit will be integrated into the other devices later this week.

Watch the QuickLaunch 2.0 HD Demo Video:

Price:
    Previous owners who've purchased on or after April 1st: Free
    Previous owners who've purchased before April 1st: $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

QL 2.0 has been submitted to RIM for inclusion in App World but they have a 4 -7 day approval time so customers who have purchased there will have to wait until it's approved. Sorry about that.

If updating from QL 1.5 or earlier you will need a new activation code. Make sure you enter your correct pin in capital letters when you download. Uninstall your current version and reboot before installing 2.11.

Current owners of QL that now own a tour will have to contact mobihand support and have them switch your device type to the Tour. This shouldn't take long.

Any issues / bugs found will be taken care of immediately. If you have a problem email me at nikkisoft dot support at g mail.

Many thanks to the beta testers for their hard work and support. Beta testers can email me at nikkisoft dot support at g mail on how to obtain their official copy.

For more information regarding QuickLaunch go to NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    07-27-09 03:03 PM
    Thanks to you and all the beta testers, I have been patiently waiting for this release.

Crackberry app store through account is still at 2.10, still patiently waiting..............
    Last edited by fergff; 07-27-09 at 03:37 PM.
    07-27-09 03:19 PM
    I just downloaded the app for the Tour through the Crackberry appstore but the version I received is 2.10 and not 2.11....any ideas?
    07-27-09 03:35 PM
    it says 2.10?
    let me double check the files...
    07-27-09 03:37 PM
    @!#!@#!!!
    darn. well the version you got is .11 but the version file says 2.10.
    will fix now.
    blah....
    07-27-09 03:38 PM
    Is there a trial for QuickLaunch? Was hoping to test it out before making the decision to purchase.
    07-27-09 03:43 PM
    How do we contact mobihand support?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 03:44 PM
    ok. changed the version file. if you download again it will correctly say 2.11

thanks for the heads up.
    07-27-09 03:45 PM
    Is there a trial for QuickLaunch? Was hoping to test it out before making the decision to purchase.
    I can already tell you that it is well worth....it's rare that I pay for apps but this one is great....I used launch pads and another shortcut software but they were terrible compared to Quicklaunch. It will be $5 well spent!!!
    07-27-09 03:54 PM
    So i downloaded the program as soon as I heard it was available (been waiting for this application to be updated) and all of a sudden when i was working it, my phone had a weird white background menu come up and then it shut down completely (red led light went solid). Then the reloading screen with the clock showed up and its been like that for a little while now. I never had random restarts before so this is unusual for my phone. My only guess so far is that quicklaunch had something to do with this. Any ideas?
    07-27-09 03:57 PM
    Works great! Great job!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 03:59 PM
    i will definitely check app world in a week for this
    07-27-09 04:01 PM
    Hey Cheetah, ShopCrackberry shows my device model as 9630 (Tour), but when I send myself the link to download QuickLaunch (which I previously bought for my Curve), it says it's v2.10 for 83xx. Do I need to do something else to change my model on the website, or...? Thanks.
    07-27-09 04:05 PM
    FYI, wikipedia search function does not appear to be working still.

EDIT: Some more info. When wikipedia search function is used via QL, no window appears and the QL app does not shut down, nor will it open via the convenience key I've tied it to. The problem does not get resolved until I do a battpull.
    Last edited by habakkuk; 07-27-09 at 04:18 PM.
    07-27-09 04:11 PM
    no wiki?
    ok. lemme check that...
    07-27-09 04:13 PM
    what happens when u try the wiki search exactly?
    07-27-09 04:16 PM
    Stupid appworld, I guess I have to wait another week for me to get this. Thanks!
    07-27-09 04:16 PM
    what happens when u try the wiki search exactly?
    Sorry Cheetah, I should've given u more detail. Here's the edit on my post:

Some more info. When wikipedia search function is used via QL, no window appears and the QL app does not shut down, nor will it open via the convenience key I've tied it to. The problem does not get resolved until I do a battpull.
    07-27-09 04:19 PM
    I'm getting the Tour version when I download but the version is 2.10....The newest version is 2.11 so.....I'm downloading through the CB appstore. Any ideas?
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 07-27-09 at 04:30 PM.
    07-27-09 04:24 PM
    yaboid refresh your browser
    07-27-09 04:31 PM
    yaboid refresh your browser
    I have many times & just refreshed again. Also logged completely out of my CB appstore account then logged back in & still pulling up version 2.10 . I've been using the sms/email download feature to send me the link OTA. I just checked the zip file & its still version 2.10 also.
    07-27-09 04:40 PM
    SWEET. This is one of the apps i've wanted to get and now I have my tour waiting for me at home in the box I'm going to have to get this app and see how it is.
    07-27-09 04:44 PM
    hmm.. yaboid try goin to mobihand
    07-27-09 04:49 PM
    I have many times & just refreshed again. Also logged completely out of my CB appstore account then logged back in & still pulling up version 2.10 . I've been using the sms/email download feature to send me the link OTA. I just checked the zip file & its still version 2.10 also.
    same here. still showing 2.10
    07-27-09 04:52 PM
    i just re-uploaded everything to give the servers a kick...

try again please.
    07-27-09 04:52 PM
304 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD