It was listed in a few threads to enable the Treble boost in the Enhance call audio to help with you sounding muffled to other people. I can confirm as well it helps quite a bit.

The question i have is: there is also an option to control the volume (to keep it the same), and it's on by default. Has anyone tried disabling it to see if it also helps to improve the voice quality? Please post your findings.

Thanks.
    07-15-09 10:56 PM
    Issues like this have pretty much hindered every BB for the past 2-3 years for some reason. Don't know why. Everyone complained about it with the 8830, some with the 8330, then the Storm, now the Tour.
    07-15-09 10:59 PM
    I tried Treble Boost and Automatic volume control is set to disabled by default. I tried all the options and people I called just told me to get my head out of the aquarium. I want to know are the people with the muffled phones also ones having issues with their phones getting hot. Mine is an the heat is not coming from the battery I checked its lower in the back close to the MIC. When I called VZ the tech guy acted like that could be part of the problem is the heat near the speaker it gets very hot. I have to go to speaker because it gets to warm to hold.
    07-15-09 11:10 PM
    I tried Treble Boost and Automatic volume control is set to disabled by default. I tried all the options and people I called just told me to get my head out of the aquarium. I want to know are the people with the muffled phones also ones having issues with their phones getting hot. Mine is an the heat is not coming from the battery I checked its lower in the back close to the MIC. When I called VZ the tech guy acted like that could be part of the problem is the heat near the speaker it gets very hot. I have to go to speaker because it gets to warm to hold.
    The proc and radios are in that area. It'll get warm when using the radios.
    07-15-09 11:38 PM
    My Tour doesn't have this under OPTIONS and neither did my 8330 Curve. Where is it on the Tour?
    07-16-09 07:07 AM
    Never mind...found it under call log options.
    07-16-09 07:12 AM
    It was listed in a few threads to enable the Treble boost in the Enhance call audio to help with you sounding muffled to other people. I can confirm as well it helps quite a bit.

The question i have is: there is also an option to control the volume (to keep it the same), and it's on by default. Has anyone tried disabling it to see if it also helps to improve the voice quality? Please post your findings.

Thanks.
    afaik this only affects the sound coming from your phone, not going to them.
    07-16-09 07:33 AM
    I just tried all possible settings...the default of "Normal" sounded best (to my ear). I still think the max earpiece volume is simply too low on the Tour and will be the one problem that I won't be able to live with, though I'll give it a couple of weeks.
    07-16-09 07:38 AM
    I just tried all possible settings...the default of "Normal" sounded best (to my ear). I still think the max earpiece volume is simply too low on the Tour and will be the one problem that I won't be able to live with, though I'll give it a couple of weeks.
    some have said that the volume is so loud they can hold it away from their ear. my first tour was great like that.
    07-16-09 07:44 AM
    Sure a lot more complaints that I see in various BB forums about too little audio than too much. I saw one such post here and he must have super-sensitive ears :-) FWIW, it seems these units are being returned at pretty high rate and all forum polls show some, if not many, problems. I still love it and don't want to wait around for the Storm 2, but will give it some more time. Maybe an OS upgrade could fix this...if it gets enough attention at RIM.
    07-16-09 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD