I downloaded a bunch of sounds today and am having issues getting it to work correctly.

I would like to have a light saber sound be my "default" sound played when an SMS message is received, so I went to Options>Ring Tones/Alerts>Messages>SMS Text and chose the "light_saber-ringtone" for the Ring Tone under SMS Text. I saved the setting and went back in to verify it was there. I also clicked "Try It" to make sure the correct sound played.

I then have a Call of Duty sound I assigned to a SPECIFIC contact in my address book. I did this by going Contacts, finding my friend I wanted to assign it to, hitting the Blackberry button and then picking "Edit" from the menu, then going to Custom Ring Tones/Alerts>Messages and selecting the Ring Tone "call_of_duty_level_up-ringtone". Again, I saved, tried it, backed out, checked again to make sure it was assigned.

I consider myself somewhat proficient with a Blackberry, but wanted to detail my steps to see if I did something wrong BECAUSE, now whenever I get a text message, it is playing the Call of Duty message - even if the SMS is not from the one specific contact I assigned that alert to. Why is it not playing the Light Saber alert that I set up as my default SMS sound? The Call of duty should only play if that one specific person sends me a text right? Not sure what I did wrong.

my sound profile on the main screen is set to "normal". Not sure if messing with this has anything to do with it.

Any advice appreciated. I have a Blackberry Tour & Verizon service (although service provider should have no bearing).
    01-14-10 04:07 PM
    A friendly bump for you.

Plus I'm having the same issues.
    01-19-10 02:49 PM
    01-19-10 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD