I am one of the people who did NOT have the "Wireless Update" option on my Tour, yet today I went and checked, and there it was. Looks like Verizon pushed it to me, perhaps getting ready for the rumored update coming soon? I checked and nothing was available yet.
    08-20-09 07:28 PM
    That would be a logical assumption.
    08-20-09 07:31 PM
    No dice here. Good for you though!
    08-20-09 07:31 PM
    Have you done a battery pull today? I noticed it after swapping my stock battery to start charging my Seidio battery.
    08-20-09 07:34 PM
    Wireless update suddenly showed up on mine this morning also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 07:40 PM
    doesnt show up on min yet. although my first Tour had it, the second one which I have now doesnt

EDITED***** nevermind, I JUST got the wireless update option
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 08-20-09 at 08:27 PM.
    08-20-09 07:43 PM
    I think we will get a small update on Monday.

My .02
    08-20-09 07:46 PM
    Ditto here just checked after reading about it here. Hmmmm.
    08-20-09 08:00 PM
    Did a battery pull, and Wireless Update appeared. Magicccc.
    08-20-09 08:02 PM
    Mine showed up today, too!

08-20-09 08:04 PM
    I went to Verizon today because everyone says they can not hear me when on the phone. The rep looked on the BB website and it says they are aware of the audio quality issue, it is caused when the phone has blue tooth enabled. I disabled it and people said it was better but not perfect. The message was posted on 8/19 so not sure how long the new update will take, but it will fix this issue and the trackball issue.
    08-20-09 08:14 PM
    i was wondering if someone could help me.. ive had a small icon on top of my phone and no one has no clue what it is. ive spoke to verizon on the phone and described and brought it in to tech support and they have no idea so maybe u guys will know... the icon is a circle and inside the circle it has an arrow and the arrow is pointing in the 7 o clock position, on the opposite side of the arrow theres like a little red fire ball. does anyone have the slightest clue on what it is ?? ive tried everything and have no clue... thanks
    08-20-09 08:21 PM
    VZW carrier. My wireless update also appeared today. (last option under advanced options, fyi -- for the uninitiated)
    08-20-09 08:25 PM
    I think we will get a small update on Monday.

My .02
    Sounds to me as tho you may have some inside info?
    08-20-09 08:26 PM
    You have an update from BB App World. Click on your BB App World icon and it will tell what app has an updated ready.

i was wondering if someone could help me.. ive had a small icon on top of my phone and no one has no clue what it is. ive spoke to verizon on the phone and described and brought it in to tech support and they have no idea so maybe u guys will know... the icon is a circle and inside the circle it has an arrow and the arrow is pointing in the 7 o clock position, on the opposite side of the arrow theres like a little red fire ball. does anyone have the slightest clue on what it is ?? ive tried everything and have no clue... thanks
    08-20-09 08:30 PM
    What do you know. Its on mine too!
    08-20-09 08:38 PM
    Yea I now have the wireless update option.

08-20-09 08:41 PM
    i just went to blackberry app world and there are no updates what so ever
    08-20-09 08:42 PM
    i just went to blackberry app world and there are no updates what so ever
    Search the forum. I think there are existing threads on this issue. Never had it appear on mine but you might want to load BB App World and then click My World to see if any of the Apps you have installed have updates. (Not sure if you clicked on My World or not from your post.) In any event, you should find the answer in the other threads.
    08-20-09 08:45 PM
    i appreciate your help but i went to my world and still nothing.. there are no updates what so ever.. i dont know what to do
    08-20-09 08:47 PM
    Nothing...did a battery pull...and still nothing
    08-20-09 08:52 PM
    didn't have it, pulled battery and bam, now appears on there....
    08-20-09 08:54 PM
    i appreciate your help but i went to my world and still nothing.. there are no updates what so ever.. i dont know what to do
    Open your message icon, there will be an update msg there. Just click it so its "read" and it should go away or follow the link to see what the update is for. If you search and search and there isnt one, try a reset. The first one I got there was no msg and a reset fixed it.
    08-20-09 08:54 PM
    It could be the App World update itself. That doesn't show in My World I think. Check if you have 1.1.0.15 in Options -> Applications.

The real fix is to go to Messages. This problem is always from someone who has a separate SMS/MMS inbox and Email instead of using the combined Messages.
    In Messages you'll find a message with this Icon as well. Click on it as if to open the message and it will open App World and take you to the right place. Plus that homescreen notifier icon will disappear.

But seriously, search a little yourself! This is my 3rd time answering this for someone. There 2-3 posts about this every day lately!

(Deep breath� and� Rant ends.)

08-20-09 08:57 PM
    Not sure I received a funny icon on my screen also, sorry can't describe it, cause it wasn't there long, I was able to discover what it was for. The icon was from the Verizon application center, saying there was an update available for Blackberry Application store.

HTH
    08-20-09 09:01 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD