Hey-

My friend recently upgraded his software and now he can't get it off headset profile. Meaning that all calls even without the headset plugged in, the phone thinks its on headset so no sound could be heard through the earphone. Any help is appriciated. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 12:52 PM
    The 1st obvious suggestion is a bit of a catch-all: Pull out the battery while the phone is on. Wait about 30 seconds and replace the battery. Most Tours take about 5-7 minutes to reboot. See if it's better afterward.

09-13-09 01:04 PM
    Thanks for the advice, but it didn't work, we've tried that a good 7-8 times

09-13-09 02:09 PM
    This happened to my Tour once a few weeks back - I suspect the sensor inside your headphone jack still thinks something is plugged in. Try taking the headset plug and plugging it in/unplugging it really rapidly about 10 times. This was suggested to me by tech support when it happened to my laptop last year and it worked for both my computer and my berry.

Let us know if it works...
    09-13-09 02:48 PM
    Try holding down the "#"key to go into vibrate mode and then hold it down again to go back to your profile.
    09-13-09 04:33 PM
    gave both of those a try, and still no good. is there somewhere i can download the older version of the software?
    09-13-09 11:18 PM
    This is a known issue with the Tour, and there have been multiple threads started about this topic.

That said, try plugging headphones into the phone, making a call, then deactivating headset mode while in the call.
    09-13-09 11:23 PM
    sorry i didnt look around first, im using a bold and wanted to help out a friend i made switch over from iPhone to the tour, ill ask to him to give that a shot
    09-13-09 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD