Can anyone help? For some reason my calander appointments will not display with my current theme. It was working till facebook acted up. Fixed fb with a re-download and battery pull. But now whenever I add a new appointment it will default to send using facebook and not my email. Only appointments entered using fb as a default to send will appear on my home screen. It is annoying because I do not know how to fix it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    09-17-09 03:14 PM
    Can you have today display without a special theme?
    09-17-09 03:43 PM
    im having the same problem with mine. did a battery pull and everything. any help?
    09-17-09 04:15 PM
    I have done multiple battery pulls with no success. It's weird, if I put in a calender appointment leaving "facebook" as the method to send appointments, it shows up on my today screen, but with my own email it doesn't. So frustrating.
    09-17-09 06:34 PM
    I am having that same issue. Only my facebook appoinment are showing up on my today screen. It's very very strange. I don't have any idea how to fix this...and it just started happening in the last day or two.
    09-17-09 09:21 PM
    Same here. its really annoying. any help would be appreciated
    09-21-09 03:26 PM
    I can help, I just went through this issue.

It seems like the TODAY themes will only show entries that are part of whatever is set as your Default calendar. It's pretty obnoxious really-- When you install the Facebook app the Facebook calendar becomes the default, and you end up with entries scattered across multiple calendars.

Anyway, what I did to resolve this was manually delete the Facebook and other calendars, so now my calendar only has one "device default" account.
    09-21-09 03:38 PM
    or try this:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PsykoPup View Post
    THE SOLUTION:

1. Go to Options - Advanced - Service Book
    2. You will see 2 items listed for every email account you have linked.
    3. Click on one of the email items to view its Service Record.
    4. DELETE the email item that has CICAL listed for CID.
    5. DO NOT delete the email item that has CMIME listed for CID.
    6. Do this for every email account you see listed there.

After you have completed this, you are good to go. I have not experienced any more issues with calendar events on the today theme home screen. The only functionality that I can see will be removed by following these instructions is that you will not be able to send invitations from a calendar event.

Do this because every other solution is just a temporary fix. I have tried everything and this is the only permanent solution to this issue.
    09-21-09 03:40 PM
    09-29-09 10:51 AM
    or try this:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PsykoPup View Post
    THE SOLUTION:

1. Go to Options - Advanced - Service Book
    2. You will see 2 items listed for every email account you have linked.
    3. Click on one of the email items to view its Service Record.
    4. DELETE the email item that has CICAL listed for CID.
    5. DO NOT delete the email item that has CMIME listed for CID.
    6. Do this for every email account you see listed there.

After you have completed this, you are good to go. I have not experienced any more issues with calendar events on the today theme home screen. The only functionality that I can see will be removed by following these instructions is that you will not be able to send invitations from a calendar event.

Do this because every other solution is just a temporary fix. I have tried everything and this is the only permanent solution to this issue.
    When you do a batt pull or a reset do the CICAL service books get resent or are they deleted permanently?
    10-21-09 01:08 PM
    Do this, it's an even easier fix. Go to:

Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services

In there you can change you CICAL settings. Your setting is probably set to your FB account or another email address. Change it to your phones email address or the address you get your FB notifications sent to.

This happened to me after I installed the new FB. It changed my setting to one of my other email addresses and I lost my Today preview. I went in and shanged it to my vzw.blackberry.net email and it now works again.
    10-21-09 02:04 PM
    12-10-09 11:29 PM
    Or, you could use a 3rd party utility like CalendarSync. CalendarSync allows you to move/copy events from one device calendar into another. I use this tool and highly recommend it, allows me to merge all my "pop" calendars into my BES calendar and now everything shows up on the Today screen.

Cheers...
    01-25-10 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD