Im upset think Im screwed hoping somebody ccan help purchasedthe phone guy said hes porting his number and now I get home to attach my fiances line to this phone and verizon says his phone number is still attached to it so I can not attach her number and go figure its the number I talked tohim on so now I can not get ahold of him... what should I do?
    11-30-09 07:25 PM
    Give it a little bit of time first. I know you can't help but panic, but hopefully there is just a little glitch in the system, and it is taking longer than expected. A full port can take in excess of 48 hours to go completely through.
    11-30-09 07:41 PM
    I had this same exact problem from my craigslist Tour.

The guy who sold it to me thought it would be no issue...and the Verizon rep who was there said the same....but once I got home I could not activate it. I called to activate it automatically but finally decided to call Verizon.

After they researched it, they said it would activate-able in a week... a week! They would not reveal why...they just gave me the date, and sure enough...it worked on that date.

The thing to worry about is that the seller pays his bill when the final bill comes due. That can cause a snag....although I think you can ultimately call verizon to see if they can release it.
    11-30-09 07:45 PM
    hes only had the phone for 3 days.... Im so confused what do I do if this phone does no work for me Im very pissed
    11-30-09 07:48 PM
    Yeah I had the same issue selling a flip to someone on ebay...they emailed me and said that verizon said that it couldnt activate her line because mine wasn't on it. I had already ported the number to Sprint but they gave me a date and sure enough on that date they released it for her... Keep in mind too that I still owe them my last months bill so hopefully everything works out ok!!!
    11-30-09 07:56 PM
    Yeah once the port completes and the old account is closed it should be free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 05:56 PM
    Why do people buy phones off craigslist and not meet up at a Sprint/Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile store to be sure they can get it activated before money changes hands...

Hope you get it squared away.
    12-01-09 06:05 PM
    Is the phone still active? Sign him up for a bunch of premium text services, and since you have his phone, you should be able to reply and opt-in. Don't get mad, get even.
    12-01-09 06:54 PM
    Is the phone still active? Sign him up for a bunch of premium text services, and since you have his phone, you should be able to reply and opt-in. Don't get mad, get even.
    LOL, that's evil... but funny
    12-01-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD