View Poll Results: What Type of Case Are You Planning On Using For Your BB Tour???

Voters
467. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Case (Seido or Other Branded Hard Cases)

171 36.62%
  • Skin (RIM or Any Other Basic Skin)

151 32.33%
  • Horizontal Leather Pouch

65 13.92%
  • Clip

43 9.21%
  • Phantom Skins (or any other invinsible clear skin)

89 19.06%
  • Naked (showing off the sexiness of the tour)

72 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Hi fellow Crackberry Addicts.
    I have been following the BB Tour for months now, and as verizon and rim have both confirmed the device, we should be having it on the market soon. I created this tread becuase like many of you i will be buying the Tour soon after it is released for verizon. I have watched a lot of videos on Cases for the Bold on youtube by crackberry member jreal. I am not sure if he will be reviewing cases for the BB Tour.
    I thought that all of us BB Tour fans and soon-to-be owners could use this thread to discuss and suggest the best cases for the BB Tour once they start rolling out. I know that i want the best possible case to protect my Tour, and at the same time something that is eye appealing.
    Also feel free to discuss any accessories that you might be using for/with your BB Tour.
    06-19-09 02:56 PM
    I found this skin at shopcrackberry.com. I personally don't use skins for my current 8330 becuase i find them them easily slipping off and attractiving a lot of lint. However, this is one of the first cases i have seen for the Tour being rolled out. MOre to come....
    06-21-09 07:54 AM
    before I even read this thread I was looking for cases already for the Tour... they have like next to nothign out right now for the Tour, just the silicone cases that you cant get in and out of your pocket and attracts lint and dust like crazy and some kind of case that protects just the backhalf....

I really am in the same boat you are, I'm looking for a case that looks cool, yet does the job of not getting scratched up. I have had 3 cases for my storm that were made from Seidio Innocase II....terrable cases, they get scratched up way way to easily so obviously I'm not going to buy from them anymore, but yet have no idea who might make a good case?

Invisable sheld works fine, but the edges gets full of lint and starts to peal away at the sheild, so they don't last to long... who knows, I hope someone makes a good case for the Tour, soon!
    06-21-09 07:58 AM
    I also used and still use Seidio cases. I never have a problem with them and I hope they have a case for the Tour as soon as possible. Btw OP I will be looking out for your future reviews.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 08:36 AM
    i'm considering a seidio innocase for the tour. do they collect alot of pocket lint like silicon cases?

06-21-09 08:40 AM
    i'm considering a seidio innocase for the tour. do they collect alot of pocket lint like silicon cases?

No they don't but they do get scratched up pretty fast though. I went through 3 of them so far with the storm

06-21-09 09:17 AM
    No they don't but they do get scratched up pretty fast though. I went through 3 of them so far with the storm

great. i rather the case get scratched than the phone.

Last edited by the one and only M; 06-21-09 at 09:39 AM.
    06-21-09 09:37 AM
    I found this skin at shopcrackberry.com. I personally don't use skins for my current 8330 becuase i find them them easily slipping off and attractiving a lot of lint. However, this is one of the first cases i have seen for the Tour being rolled out. MOre to come....
    I prefer skin cases with a screen protector myself, they aren't bulky and the silicon keeps them from sliding around when you lay the device down. Also easy access to the battery door for the occasional battery pull.

forkup
    06-21-09 09:58 AM
    Found this clear case for $10. I don't know if this site is trustworthy or how quality it might be but here...

BlackBerry Niagara 9630 Case - Clear

update: just noticed there different colors if you scroll all the way down and they even offer the rubberized cases, not bad for $10. I Had a rubberized one for my 8830 worked great so might get this, however after a while the color started to rub off but then I spray painted it lol and still looked decent.
    Last edited by Blazeralb; 06-21-09 at 11:23 AM.
    06-21-09 11:20 AM
    I dont know if I should go black or red rubberized?
    06-21-09 11:27 AM
    I want the innocase 360 for my future tour!
    06-21-09 12:04 PM
    hows the keyboard once its covered does it make it slower? Right now im leanin toward the case I posted, $10>$35
    06-21-09 12:09 PM
    I'm thinking if I should get a black bezel, and rock it with the Seidio Innocase II crystal. Screen Protector is another obvious choice. I wouldn't remove the plastic covering until I've received the screen protector.
    06-21-09 12:11 PM
    Found this clear case for $10. I don't know if this site is trustworthy or how quality it might be but here...

BlackBerry Niagara 9630 Case - Clear

update: just noticed there different colors if you scroll all the way down and they even offer the rubberized cases, not bad for $10. I Had a rubberized one for my 8830 worked great so might get this, however after a while the color started to rub off but then I spray painted it lol and still looked decent.
    These may be the best I have seen yet. I've only seen the ones the guy further up posted and a hard back that snaps on (which I think would scratch).

I think I may pick up a red rubberized one. My only thing about ordering early is will they actually fit properly? I assume so because all manufacturers need are product dimensions, right?
    06-21-09 12:17 PM
    06-21-09 12:30 PM
    I like the prices on those memory cards. Will a 2GB be okay with the Tour? Anyone know?
    06-21-09 12:43 PM
    depends how much you wanna put on it. I'm prob gonna get a 16gb for $48 off newegg.com closer toward release. What do you plan on putting on it?
    06-21-09 01:08 PM
    The Seido Incase 360 was going to be my first choice for the tour when it comes out. HOwever, the only that really concerns me about that case is that since it also covers the screen, it has been mentioned by JReal that it catches a lot of lint under the screen.

Currently my top two choice for a case for the tour are
    1. Case-Mate Smart Skin ( I am currently using one of these for my 8330 and i absolutely love it. The phone is fully protect (except the screen) and it is stylish. Also this case allows you to easily clean the screen when it gets prints on it.

2. Seidio Innocase . ( I was using this case for my 8330) Worket really well, its a hard case that protect most of the phone (all except the screen). And it was relatively thin. I would still be using it but one of the hinges broke when i dropped my phone.

Im sure both of these style cases will be available once the tour is for sale. Cant wait to get my hand on the tour and these cases.
    Im gonna make sure i have my case ready for when i buy the tour.

I like the case mate smart skin..
    06-22-09 01:36 AM
    I like the prices on those memory cards. Will a 2GB be okay with the Tour? Anyone know?
    go here (newegg). I think you'll like these prices better.
    06-22-09 01:46 AM
    Does anyone have any experience with the otterbox?

I have been looking at the ones you guys suggested for the tour and am not entirely sure.

Does the keyboard light work on these??

I saw a video on the casemate skin and it looked pretty good.
    06-22-09 06:32 AM
    Check daydeal.com also
    06-22-09 11:39 AM
    The Seido Incase 360 was going to be my first choice for the tour when it comes out. HOwever, the only that really concerns me about that case is that since it also covers the screen, it has been mentioned by JReal that it catches a lot of lint under the screen.

Currently my top two choice for a case for the tour are
    1. Case-Mate Smart Skin ( I am currently using one of these for my 8330 and i absolutely love it. The phone is fully protect (except the screen) and it is stylish. Also this case allows you to easily clean the screen when it gets prints on it.

2. Seidio Innocase . ( I was using this case for my 8330) Worket really well, its a hard case that protect most of the phone (all except the screen). And it was relatively thin. I would still be using it but one of the hinges broke when i dropped my phone.

Im sure both of these style cases will be available once the tour is for sale. Cant wait to get my hand on the tour and these cases.
    Im gonna make sure i have my case ready for when i buy the tour.

I agree with both those cases. I love my case-mate smart skin. I'm still amazed at how well the keyboard cover works on my 8330. As for the 360, it just looks amazing from the pics. It also seems to have the same style keyboard cover as the case-mate. Also, it looks like it would cover the metal colored bezal around the sides of the Tour which would be a good thing.

So for me, I'd try the 360 first, and the case-mate smart skin as a 2nd option, but only if it has the same keyboard cover.
    06-22-09 12:31 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=EtI6LEiq

I have something like this for my 8330 now and I love it. Exactly what I want for the 9630.
    06-22-09 12:45 PM
    i think ill go with the case-mate smart skin, considering the Seido Incase 360 is $40! (i also dont like the fact that it has a built in screen protector, ive had one before and they collect dust underneath).

hope they start producing case-mate smart skins for the 9630 soon so ill hav it ready wen i get my hands on tour!
    06-22-09 02:21 PM
    Ahhhh, how can we ever forget about the microSDsss (lol). I Currently have a 4gb which i might just use in the tour once i get it. However, if i need additional storage space i might just spend a little extra (approx. $49) and get a 16gb microSD. I think i will wait and see how much stuff im backing onto my microSD card before i go out and buy a larger capacity storage card. Thanks for the link to newegg though!!

where did you see 16gb for 49 bucks?

I currently have a 8 but when I looked for 16 I could only find them for about 99 bucks..

I would upgrade for 49..
    06-22-09 02:25 PM
279 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD