The Tour battery door problem just keeps popping up over and over and over again. I used the Search Forums button and found this solution worked best for me. I can't take any credit for the ingenuity here, as I found out how to do this in this very Tour Forum!!! I am posting directions and photos so you too can have a tight battery door!

Here's what you need: Your Tour, Electrical Tape, Razor Blade

1) Lay a 1 inch long piece of electical tape down and cut to 1/4 inch wide

2) Now Cut this 1/4 inch piece in half

3) Stick the two pieces as shown in the photo below making sure to let them overhang loosly. When you apply the battery cover these loose ends will wrap down and under

4) Put your battery cover back on and lightly squeeze until it clicks

Congratulations, Now you have a tight battery door! And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember that the Search Forums button is your best friend. GOOD LUCK!
    09-03-09 07:01 PM
    And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember that the Search Forums button is your best friend.
    This has been done before. Use the search button.
    09-03-09 07:10 PM
    hahaha oh the irony
    09-03-09 07:13 PM
    needed sticky'd then and still needs sticky'd now. thought i could use this opportunity to address two issues at once. no need to be smart.
    09-03-09 07:13 PM
    needed sticky'd then and still needs sticky'd now. thought i could use this opportunity to address two issues at once. no need to be smart.
    Then bump that thread don't make a new one. I'm not being smart here you said use the search button which I found funny so I quoted you told you its already been done and then told YOU to use the search button since its your "best friend" but someone here obviously doesn't use it himself .
    09-03-09 07:20 PM
    This is too ironic (good point, but oh so ironic). It follows the do what I say not what I do rule, lol

09-03-09 07:22 PM
    Interesting! Lol does it really wrk?
    09-03-09 07:31 PM
    guys dont be dbags. Let a mod delete this then.

tell me you are not tired of reading the same crap over and over. battery doors, green dots, what's a wipe, is there really a GODMODE. C'mon how many noobs are going to look at a thread called use the search button? F-it. Try to make something better and get flamed or laughed at. the sad thing is, this can make things better for all of us, but you can't see past the nose on your face. you guys weren't worth the effort put in here.
    09-03-09 07:33 PM
    Interesting! Lol does it really wrk?
    Actually it works quite well
    09-03-09 07:33 PM
    How about a little peice of 2 sided tape. Wouldnt it be easier and tighter?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 07:53 PM
    I agree drphiter. You tell'em.
    09-03-09 08:09 PM
    You've probably helped a lot of people who won't search or did search but didn't find the info.
    09-03-09 08:41 PM
    In defense of the "dbags" there are literally 20 different threads on this with pages of comments.
    09-03-09 08:51 PM
    This is why I don't really post anything. I like it here but so many topics end up with at least one person saying use the search function. I mean, this forum is huge. Of course its all been said before! Basically you guys are saying don't post anything, cuz it's already been said or done. Anyways back to just reading posts and using the search function.

09-03-09 09:23 PM
    This is why I don't really post anything. I like it here but so many topics end up with at least one person saying use the search function. I mean, this forum is huge. Of course its all been said before! Basically you guys are saying don't post anything, cuz it's already been said or done. Anyways back to just reading posts and using the search function.

Well, how many threads do there need to be on one topic? Especially since the OP stated he is just copying and pasting someone else's thread. If the very orignial post was that good, it would have been stickied already - way before this OP decided to re-post it for God knows why. And then to tell US to use the search function was just icing on the cake.

Everyone needs to stop being so sensitive, it's just the internet!
    09-03-09 10:06 PM
    I'm just waiting for the "OMGZ FIX FOR MUFFLE VOICE" that involves duct taping a 10 dollar Virgin Mobile throw-away flip to the back of your phone when you need to use voice
    09-03-09 10:14 PM
    Nice how-to, for sure.

Thanks for posting, I'm sure that this will be very relevant in search results as well.

As stated, there are many threads already about this issue, with fixes. I don't remember seeing one so detailed, but there are textual descriptions on how to do this fix.

I don't think this is sticky material, but it is a VERY nice how-to and I will reference it when people ask about their loose battery door.

Thanks, drip!
    09-03-09 10:17 PM
    Its funny because now this thread is going to get burried among the pages and then someone else is going to come along with the same spew about how HE came up with this idea and how YOU should use the search function. Can these threads just die. Go get a refurb it will be perfect. My refurbs battery door is tight as can be (I've taken it on and off around 30 times now) and everything is perfect on it as far as I can tell.
    09-04-09 03:45 AM
    Searching is over-rated and very rarely used. Reason being- you often have to read through more than 100 post that don't have a thing to do with YOUR EXACT PROBLEM!

While many of you are saying that this has been posted before, somewhere along the line, you missed the irony of YOUR OWN actions. You took the time to read this just so you could reply that it's been posted. Do those other post include detailed pictures?

I'm not going to sit here and fault the OP for what he did. If those other post don't include pictures, the least you could have said to him for HIS effort was thank you. This post bought value with it, while the laughter of search takes away from what this thread was intended to do- HELP SOMEONE ELSE!
    09-04-09 03:56 AM
    Searching is over-rated and very rarely used. Reason being- you often have to read through more than 100 post that don't have a thing to do with YOUR EXACT PROBLEM!

While many of you are saying that this has been posted before, somewhere along the line, you missed the irony of YOUR OWN actions. You took the time to read this just so you could reply that it's been posted. Do those other post include detailed pictures?

I'm not going to sit here and fault the OP for what he did. If those other post don't include pictures, the least you could have said to him for HIS effort was thank you. This post bought value with it, while the laughter of search takes away from what this thread was intended to do- HELP SOMEONE ELSE!
    Yet at the same time eventually this thread will be buried in pages of posts. Someone will come up with this idea think its original and post it and tell everyone else to use search.

Yes those other posts included detailed instructions and pictures.

The search button is not over rated in fact if I were a mod here I would start deleting repeated posts like this and warning the user for not using the search function. Three warns and you're suspended. Thats how things should be to discourage repeated posts and encourage use of the search FEATURE. In fact I think somewhere in the rules (Or at least on most boards) they say use the search function before posting. This needs to be enforced.
    09-04-09 04:29 AM
    Yet at the same time eventually this thread will be buried in pages of posts. Someone will come up with this idea think its original and post it and tell everyone else to use search.

Yes those other posts included detailed instructions and pictures.

The search button is not over rated in fact if I were a mod here I would start deleting repeated posts like this and warning the user for not using the search function. Three warns and you're suspended. Thats how things should be to discourage repeated posts and encourage use of the search FEATURE. In fact I think somewhere in the rules (Or at least on most boards) they say use the search function before posting. This needs to be enforced.
    and this is probably why you are not a mod. your view, in my opinion, is a heavy handed approach to a trivial issue. im an admin at another vb discussion board and will delete off topic posts from a thread (like yours and now mine) before i ever take out a thread that has been repeated.

i have used the search function on this and many other boards very frequently, and as already pointed out in a previous post, the search results are many and often times do not apply to the specific problem or issue or topic being searched for.

i do not post much because i find it ridiculous how much effort i see go into making sure posts are made to remind users about the search function and how they should use it. and a lot of these kinds of posts i have seen get down right nasty. if i was a mod, those kinds of nasty posts would be the first to go. yes, as an admin of another discussion board, i can relate to how this can get frustrating, but i would rather see a repeated thread just die from lack of responses as opposed to jumping down the OP's throat and risk losing that user to another board when this user could have been a very productive member to the community.

bottom line for me is, if anyone has such a major issue with duplicate threads being posted, do not keep the thread at the top of the boards by posting the useless and offensive comments. the boards have a report feature. report it and let the moderation team here know about it. let them deal with it as they see fit.

now, as far as the topic goes, i do like this method, but opted to use double sided tape. it keeps the door more secure and reduces the gap at the same time.

thanks for posting OP. do not let these other guys and their junk discourage you from participating here. there is a lot of great info here.
    09-04-09 05:07 AM
    Not that its a big thing but I am a MOD on another forum. I have to say that yes the search function is a nice feature and serves an important purpose. I typically don't ram it down members throats because of a several reasons but a few being important I think...

New threads generate new discussions, yes its typically always the same result as to member concerns but the discussion is always different and you get many forms of imput...... Involvement is the other...As with most, me included we do allot of reading, with this comes knowledge. There is something to be said when one member can assist another because he has learned from all the regulars expertise. They get to give back, which creates more discussion because now they are part of something.

I understand the irritability of some of the seasoned members, but understand this. Your expertise although vast helps many here, the attitude of superiority does not. You have made a choice to help members with their issues and for that we are ALL grateful, but I assure you as I have seen many times before, it will be short lived. The masses have a way of giving back as well.

This is a business at its core. In my opinion, a smart Moderator will not delete obscure redundant threads because it creates interaction. Interaction creates a community, community is business.

Flame away, I've had it done by the best.

Having said that..Thankyou for the fix thread, I will try it.
    Last edited by ILtemprd; 09-04-09 at 05:40 AM.
    09-04-09 05:20 AM
    why would any Mod sticky this thread???

the battery door problem is not a problem anymore on the newer Tours, Rim has fixed the issue.
    09-04-09 07:38 AM
    why would any Mod sticky this thread???

the battery door problem is not a problem anymore on the newer Tours, Rim has fixed the issue.
    Many of us got our Tours on day one and not all of us have these massive battery door issues. For those that do have the problem, enough that they need a fix, one more thread is not going to hurt.

Personally, when I am in a hurry, I don't have time to read 100+ post just to find a fix buried in the first 99 responses that say search first.

The time it takes to tell someone to search can be better served by just providing a helpful answer; unless you don't know the answer and telling someone to search validates you because you couldn't help them with their particular problem.
    09-04-09 08:42 AM
    No it's not.

Yes they do (and I used the search function to find them):

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/my...or-fix-273248/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ul...3/#post3250671
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ba...photos-268183/

That took a grand total of about 5 minutes to find. The problem is either addressed in the original post, or with the exception of the 2nd link it is post #8. No searching 100+ posts for the answer.

...teach someone to fish and they can feed themselves forever.
    09-04-09 09:37 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD