Has anyone done this with their storm?

I have tried this with pandora, turned bluetooth on through pandora, scrolled through all the AUX options on the car but no sound.

I know i can hook it directly to my car, as i have RCA AUX ports, but was wondering if it is even possible to stream music.

I have an Infinity if someone has had experience with that.

Thanks in advance to all responses.
    09-15-09 01:20 PM
    Haven't done it via Bluetooth, but I have done it with a Tunecast FM transmitter. Set an FM station, plug the transmitter into the phone, and go to town.

It isn't flawless, especially in cities, when station saturation may overwhelm the transmitter, but it does work well out on the road.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 01:54 PM
    I would never mess with an FM transmitter when I can hook it up directly with a cable.

Would be nice to keep phone in pocket and be able to stream music to the car.

09-15-09 02:08 PM
    I've been able to stream while using the audio port. As for pandora and other stations, I know it is possible but it really depends on how your service is while driving. I haven't tried it with bluetooth, but I recall in January or February someone had I think an alpine or pioneer head unit with stereo bluetooth and they were able to stream music through that.
    09-15-09 02:21 PM
    It is possible from the Storm, it just depends on your stereo. Might try an Infiniti forum maybe? I have a Pioneer HU and it works great.

09-15-09 02:26 PM
    It is possible from the Storm, it just depends on your stereo. Might try an Infiniti forum maybe? I have a Pioneer HU and it works great.

Nice to know it is possible, I will check out the infiniti forums. Thanks.

09-15-09 02:49 PM
    I've done it. I have one of these Parrot SK4000 - headset - Helmet mount, Binaural

which lets me pipe in music to my motorcycle helmet via bluetooth as well as make/receive phone calls. Can also via cable, but often times I keep the phone in the saddlebag and go with bluetooth.
    09-15-09 02:51 PM
    I've done it. I have one of these Parrot SK4000 - headset - Helmet mount, Binaural

which lets me pipe in music to my motorcycle helmet via bluetooth as well as make/receive phone calls. Can also via cable, but often times I keep the phone in the saddlebag and go with bluetooth.
    Sounds cool ill have to look into that later, since I also have a motorcycle. Although, I like having the ability to hear everything around me while on the bike.

But for streaming through the stock infiniti car stereo it seems this is not possible. After some more searching online, I found out that only 2010 infiniti bluetooth systems will be able to accept streaming music.

09-15-09 03:08 PM
    i do it with my avic Z110BT all the time...works good with slacker and music player both
    09-15-09 04:51 PM
    i do it with my avic Z110BT all the time...works good with slacker and music player both
    I bought an AVIC Z110Bt today and I am having trouble streaming Slacker to it via BT. It seems to work if I plug in my 3.5 mm audio cable for a few seconds and then unplug it. But, when the next song comes on, the audio goes back to the speaker on my Storm. I am pulling my hair out here...any ideas.
    12-17-09 07:05 PM
    Has anyone done this with their storm?

I have tried this with pandora, turned bluetooth on through pandora, scrolled through all the AUX options on the car but no sound.

I know i can hook it directly to my car, as i have RCA AUX ports, but was wondering if it is even possible to stream music.

I have an Infinity if someone has had experience with that.

Thanks in advance to all responses.
    Infiniti owner here.

To answer your question, no the factory radio in Infiniti's does NOT allow you to stream music via Bluetooth.

The only Infiniti that does allow for Bluetooth streaming music is the 2010 Infiniti G37 as far as I know.

If it's a late model Infiniti, then your best bet is to just use the RCA/Aux jacks in the center console...it sucks that you'll be staring at a black LCD screen and you'll have to change songs, playlists, etc from the Blackberry itself.
    12-18-09 11:37 AM
    I had a Ford Flex rental that did it fine....also took calls over BT through the car speakers too....It was cool.

I usually plug it in with a cable....though that is annoying because voice dialing doesn't work when it's plugged in and you can no longer take calls through your car stereo by default like you could on 4.7 So it's a bit of a catch 22 with BT handsfree and music in the car unless you car stereo has BT
    12-18-09 01:08 PM
    I had a Ford Flex rental that did it fine....also took calls over BT through the car speakers too....It was cool.
    Infiniti's do that too, just can't stream music unless, as mentioned, its a 2010 Infiniti G37, they added a bunch of new features to it.
    12-18-09 01:10 PM
    I have the ford edge but maybe it will work the same. I used to have to start playing my music on my phone before choosing the option on my car's system for the media to be "other devices" and choose my phone and if it was already playing on my phone it would play through the bluetooth in my car. I recently did the system upgrade to my storm and now I just choose other devices and it plays...???
    12-18-09 01:43 PM
    I use the moto rokr, clips to my visor, AWESOME!!
    12-19-09 09:26 PM
    Sounds cool ill have to look into that later, since I also have a motorcycle. Although, I like having the ability to hear everything around me while on the bike.
    Yeah, since I wrote my previous post I've decided to box up and sell the thing. It really works perfectly, but I find myself spending more time searching for a good song and less time focusing on the road.

While that may fly in a car, not a good idea on a bike.
    01-01-10 10:16 AM
    I stream music to my car's stereo via bluetooth with Pandora, so either you haven't configured your stereo properly, or you didn't have a good enough signal for the music to be streamed. I would say consult your car or stereo manual.
    01-05-10 12:32 AM
    I do it with a Dual car stereo I bought at Walmart for 200 bucks. I think its a model 7714

01-12-10 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD