Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 68.99%
  • No

40 31.01%
    Lets see if we can get a discount.
    10-09-09 07:21 PM
    will they? No! Should they? No! Would it be nice? Hells yes!
    10-09-09 07:29 PM
    I voted no, cuz this same poll is in the S2 forums aha.
    10-09-09 07:30 PM
    Should I get a discount if I buy the new Ford F 150 because I bought one last year?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 07:51 PM
    I'm just going to get my s2 for free so I don't care either way!

10-09-09 08:35 PM
    Should I get a discount if I buy the new Ford F 150 because I bought one last year?

Absolutely. Its available for Dodge Chrysler Jeep as well. The Owner Loyalty Program worth $1000 if you have a Dodge product registered in your name.

10-09-09 08:38 PM
    I bought a 2008 model Samsung TV, should I get a discount on the 2009 model?
    10-09-09 08:39 PM
    Absolutely. Its available for Dodge Chrysler Jeep as well. The Owner Loyalty Program worth $1000 if you have a Dodge product registered in your name.

I bet if you are willing to extend your contract for another 2 years they would be willing to give you a $10.00 discount on a S2.
    That equals to about the same as the $1000 off you get for buying a new car again a year later.
    10-09-09 08:48 PM
    I just don't understand why people expect verizon to give them a discount on the s2.

10-09-09 09:19 PM
    don't ask for a discount, just get a multi-fru

btw voted no, suck it OP!
    10-09-09 10:14 PM
    I say no they don't need to give you a discount.. and would it be nice... yes.

You bought something and they came out with something new that is the way the business world works...

Now some companies do offer discounts for buying previous models but its not a given.. its just business.

Now I am a lucky one to get the S2 for a annual discount which will be nice I was able to get the Storm back in February for FREE anyhow so paying for an new phone is completely logical to me.
    10-09-09 11:36 PM
    2 months ago I would have said no....but now I am on my third storm in 9 months and my second in 2 weeks...and as far as the car and T.V. Reference is concerned both industries have had recalls on faulty products...as much as I love my phone I do feel that it is half baked and pushed out to fast....I feel that anyone with a storm who wants a s2 should get one at the discounted price....the only reason I say that is cause judging from the videos the s2 is what the s1 should have been...there is really no difference other than increased fluidity in the UI.

10-09-09 11:46 PM
    2 months ago I would have said no....but now I am on my third storm in 9 months and my second in 2 weeks...and as far as the car and T.V. Reference is concerned both industries have had recalls on faulty products...as much as I love my phone I do feel that it is half baked and pushed out to fast....I feel that anyone with a storm who wants a s2 should get one at the discounted price....the only reason I say that is cause judging from the videos the s2 is what the s1 should have been...there is really no difference other than increased fluidity in the UI.

see, i feel the opposite

had they not released .148 then i'd agree with you. since RIM and carriers have done everything in their power to resolve the issue so far, and more improvements/issues resolved coming down the pipe shortly (5.0.0.288 should be available by xmas if it doesn't fail testing)

and i definately wouldn't expect VZW to be giving any discounts...they're the service provider, not the manufacturer...if anything RIM would be the one shipping out replacement 9550s...

so to ask VZW for a discount/free upgrade/anything of the sort, you're barking up the wrong tree
    10-09-09 11:58 PM
    After pressing send it did go through my mind that RIM is to blame and not VZW, so I do agree...how ever you do also make a good point with .148 since my returns were hardware and not soft ware related. But I still feel that s1 was half baked and I can't shake that thought, and when I watch the vids I just get a head shaking feeling like "wow this should be s1" I am not in awe of s2 I just like the UI. I have not tried any 5.0 leaks maybe 5.0 will be what in looking for in terms of fluidity.

10-10-09 12:07 AM
    load .230...then the only difference you'll notice will basically be hardware improvements, and some slight improvements in "ease of development" for the software for the odin...i know the storm has had a bumpy ride, but it's not a bad device.

**** since .148 it's been more reliable than any other berry i've own...

and hardware issues can happen to anything. just the nature of the way things are...not to say you don't have a reason to be upset but i think a bit of understanding and acceptance goes a long way...as long as it gets fixed that is...
    10-10-09 12:10 AM
    ...there is really no difference other than increased fluidity in the UI.
    S2 has new tech and different/added hardware, so they are not the same.
    10-10-09 12:16 AM
    Patches I'm gonna hold off on .230 so that I have something to look forward to. I have read lot of your posts and feel that you are a premier member of CB, so I will believe you and be comforted in the knowledge that you are happy with the 5.0 builds.....I do like this phone and am a big fan of it, I just ran into a bumpy two weeks with it and was a little pissed at it.

10-10-09 12:19 AM

Yeah there is a major difference

WIFI + Better New Screen + Double App Memory + Overclocked CPU + other Hardware changes/enhancements

IMO
    10-10-09 12:21 AM
    sweet....glad you think so...i don't agree, there are many more knowledgable than me but glad you think so highly of me

now send me cookies!
    10-10-09 12:21 AM
    Brad and mrzoso you are both right, I just feel that aside from the wifi addition there are really no NEW features just improvements on the old.

10-10-09 12:23 AM
    sweet....glad you think so...i don't agree, there are many more knowledgable than me but glad you think so highly of me

now send me cookies!
    There is always better bro, but you do a good job....imo a patches answer is a correct answer on this forum

10-10-09 12:26 AM
    Thats ok NIKSTORM thats why everyone has their own opinions :P

And you are definitely entitled to yours haha
    10-10-09 12:27 AM
    lol!

you shall forever be immortalized...
    10-10-09 12:30 AM
    crap, he's mobile he can't see it....

brad, you better lol at this or i'm gonna feel like a jackass
    10-10-09 12:31 AM
    Is it good enough to go to the pc for?