the themes work for me, but they need a lil work

on the test2, they dont have any icons on the main home screen, you have to press the bb button to see the full menu and the icons. I like the look of it, i like the transparent feel.
    thanks, I left the buttons off on purpose. Just playing around with the program.
    02-11-09 09:47 PM
    I just made my practice theme but it has a lot of bugs. So I am going to make another one now that I understand it a bit more. But I'm not sure if its what I want people to expect from me so I haven't posted it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Dude, you had the program for like 2 hours it just practice the good stuff will come once we get used to the app.
    02-11-09 09:49 PM
    Yeah I know we will evolve I guess that's a hint that ishould post it huh?

02-11-09 09:57 PM
    since this is my first bb, just what exactly is the advantage of a theme. is it just different wallpaper or a completely different look and feel to it? and what is the Today theme everyone is looking for?
    02-11-09 09:58 PM
    Yeah I know we will evolve I guess that's a hint that ishould post it huh?

Post it, I promise we won't fire you or lower your wages...lol
    02-11-09 09:58 PM
    Keep evolving !
    02-11-09 09:59 PM
    i cant load any of these themes through the dm. if gives me the "no additional applications designed for your device were found".. What am i doing wrong? Thanks in advance
    02-11-09 10:01 PM
    i cant load any of these themes through the dm. if gives me the "no additional applications designed for your device were found".. What am i doing wrong? Thanks in advance
    After you get that, hit the "browse button" on the lower right of DM.
    poin to the folder you extracted the themes and click on the .alx file.
    then follow prompts to "finish"
    02-11-09 10:03 PM
    since this is my first bb, just what exactly is the advantage of a theme. is it just different wallpaper or a completely different look and feel to it? and what is the Today theme everyone is looking for?
    Here is a little about themes:

here is the 4.6 CDK User guide, pretty much the same for 4.7
    http://www.plazmic.com/en/pdfs/Plazm...r_Guide_46.pdf

Working with Plazmic Theme Builder projects
    When you create a new theme project, you must first select a theme type. The theme type is a template for the layout of the Home screen.
    The Plazmic Theme Builder includes the following theme types:
    • Zen theme: This Home screen displays five application icons plus an icon that links to the application grid screen, from which users can access all the applications on the BlackBerry device.

• Today theme: This Home screen displays three application icons plus an icon that links to the application grid screen, from which users can access all the applications on the BlackBerry device. By default, the message application, calendar application, and call log application icons display on this Home screen. The most recent entries are below each application icon.

• Custom theme: This Home screen displays a combination of Zen theme items (application icon) and Today theme items (application icon and the most recent entries). You can position these items anywhere on the screen. This screen includes a link to the application grid screen, from which users can access all the applications on the BlackBerry device.

• Icon theme: This Home screen displays application icons arranged in a grid layout. You can organize the application icons into a hierarchy of folders. This screen is also the secondary application grid screen for the Zen, Today, and Custom theme types.
    Last edited by alex63; 02-11-09 at 10:18 PM.
    02-11-09 10:13 PM
    okay heres my first un official theme!
    there will be a much better one by morning!
    like always please post you comments @100%!

it'll get better!
    its a tad bit buggy but it wont hurt!
    02-11-09 10:15 PM
    dam alex is good
    02-11-09 10:16 PM
    dam alex is good
    good at copy and paste...lol
    02-11-09 10:19 PM
    Alex -

Test loaded no problem but white letters on the light blue background don't cut it for me. Can you change the color of the letters in the program?
    02-11-09 10:23 PM
    Alex -

Test loaded no problem but white letters on the light blue background don't cut it for me. Can you change the color of the letters in the program?
    Yeah I noticed that as well, I'm sure there is a way to change colors at least I hope so.
    02-11-09 10:25 PM
    they can be changed!
    02-11-09 10:27 PM
    okay heres my first un official theme!
    there will be a much better one by morning!
    like always please post you comments @100%!
    Looks great JLJ, I like the larger Time font.
    02-11-09 10:28 PM
    After you get that, hit the "browse button" on the lower right of DM.
    poin to the folder you extracted the themes and click on the .alx file.
    then follow prompts to "finish"
    ok i got it now thanks. 2 questions did u change ur icons in the theme u made? Also it takes 2 sec to download but than the "connecting to device" takes forever. I disconnect and it loads fine but why does it take so long?
    02-11-09 10:33 PM
    ok i got it now thanks. 2 questions did u change ur icons in the theme u made? Also it takes 2 sec to download but than the "connecting to device" takes forever. I disconnect and it loads fine but why does it take so long?
    No Ididn't change the icons in the test theme. The connecting is waiting for the device to reboot, if you notice the phone does a self power boot after you load an app.
    02-11-09 10:36 PM
    yea i know that but it takes way longer than normal. if i disconnect it, it goes on way quicker and still loads the apps.
    02-11-09 10:41 PM
    yea i know that but it takes way longer than normal. if i disconnect it, it goes on way quicker and still loads the apps.
    Oh, yeah I'm not sure why it just sits there waiting, I have disconnected it before also at times.
    02-11-09 10:51 PM
    lol ok i'm lost at making these, i'll just steal them from you guys
    02-11-09 11:03 PM
    Well if its connected or not doesn't help it load any faster to me so I just leave it on and do something else. There are a lot of different things that can be done but it takes time and patience. I take so long doing some really simple stuff but just to make it come together is where I get stuck but hey I'm glad that I can!

Anyone having troubles with the app?

02-11-09 11:09 PM
    Hey dstick653 could you post yours again? I got all the other to work fine, just can't get yours to load.
    Thanks all for the work.
    02-11-09 11:22 PM
    JLJ got your to load just fine.....now I'm gonna wait for your good stuff.

I'm playing around with the program but I'm lost right now....sorta tired been up all day at work in the yard. Will work on it some tomorrow
    02-11-09 11:35 PM
    i love theme makers! you rock! thanks
    02-12-09 12:18 AM
917 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD