Ok when i got home the VERY first thing i did was UPDATE. well i got about half way through and "a fatal error occ.... blah blah blah". well after about 3 hours and emails to Mr Bowman, my contact at nextel, i have gotten my BB working and he has guys looking into what is going on. i told him that it seems that i am not the only one that had this problem. i saw someone else also had a problem updating.

what i would like is for everyone that has had a problem updating to the .204 OS, please post here what your error code was (if you saw one) (if you did not see one, please give a description of what had happened), where you got the update at (the DM, RIMs website, Sprint, BB,com, wherever) and if you got it from a link someone posted, please post that link.

my error "reload software: 561"
    RIM.com
    04-03-09 07:39 PM
    Same thing fatal error 507. went to store to have software reloaded because desktop manager wouldn't recognize device. Walked out 1 hour later with new phone because they couldn't get software to reload either. bad thing is now loading all my apps and other items on it.
    04-03-09 08:45 PM
    here's my story...

1. downloaded from sprint site
    2. installed update on pc
    3. plugged phone into usb cable
    4. opened bb desktop manager
    5. desktop manager recognized update software
    6. clicked next
    7. confirmed email address
    8. started backup process
    9. walked away to get a beer
    10. returned 2 beers later and found error "reload software: 507" and phone is now inoperable
    11. called customer support and was instructed to exchange phone since i was inside the 30 days
    12. returned home with new phone
    13. tried another update
    14. "a fatal error has occured while updating your device's software. please try again."
    15. tried 3 times, same error but at least the phone is still functional
    16. called up support and was instructed to go to closest service center to have them do the update

that might not be a bad idea. do they charge anything? this is my first blackberry and i was pretty excited but with all the bugs and now problems updating the software, my excitement is waning. i still have a couple weeks to return this phone and keep my old piece on junk samsung
    04-03-09 08:51 PM
    RIM
    lost all third party apps!

if your bb loses contact with dm, in the dm click options
    connection options and reselect your pin!
    04-03-09 08:51 PM
    bang 2. are you using a usb hub? that can be the issue if you are!
    04-03-09 08:53 PM
    bang 2. are you using a usb hub? that can be the issue if you are!
    no hub. straight to the front of the pc
    04-03-09 08:55 PM
    no hub. straight to the front of the pc
    i think on some computers that is considered a hub.... i have had problems connecting on the front of mine... i am hooked up in the back now, NO PROBLEMS
    04-03-09 08:58 PM
    i think on some computers that is considered a hub.... i have had problems connecting on the front of mine... i am hooked up in the back now, NO PROBLEMS
    hmm. lemme try that right now...
    04-03-09 09:01 PM
    should i use the bb (preferred) version of 4.6.1.204 or the bb 4.6.1.316 for 8350i version of 4.6.1.204? i noticed there are more apps updated with the preferred version but i don't need any of the games because i'll end up deleting them
    04-03-09 09:06 PM
    should i use the bb (preferred) version of 4.6.1.204 or the bb 4.6.1.316 for 8350i version of 4.6.1.204? i noticed there are more apps updated with the preferred version but i don't need any of the games because i'll end up deleting them
    no offense but could you please ask that in the tread about the update, this is about people who had problems updating
    04-03-09 09:10 PM
    no offense but could you please ask that in the tread about the update, this is about people who had problems updating
    sorry. that was just the newbie in me...
    04-03-09 09:12 PM
    WTF! "reload software: 507"
    04-03-09 09:21 PM
    WTF! "reload software: 507"
    where did you get the update from????
    04-03-09 09:24 PM
    where did you get the update from????
    sprint website
    04-03-09 09:24 PM
    sprint website
    ok

the EASIEST thing to do is take it to a sprint store in the morning..... or you can try and wipe it... look at the "important" thread to find out how
    04-03-09 09:29 PM
    ok

the EASIEST thing to do is take it to a sprint store in the morning..... or you can try and wipe it... look at the "important" thread to find out how
    now this is very discouraging. i was looking forward to this update all day. now 2 phones later all i have to show for it is a useless paper weight. i'm trying my best to like this phone but it's getting rough. i'll give it 1 more shot and if it doesn't work i may start looking into 1 of the htc's
    04-03-09 09:35 PM
    mine failed almost half way through. i got errors 507, 561, 567. i googled all three errors and came across BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

^^ fixed the problem right up. it wipes the phone clean (not including sim card/media card), so if you didnt back up prior to attempted upgrade, be prepared to go app-hunting.
    04-04-09 02:10 AM
    reload software error 507 .
    got the download thru rim downloaded to download manager. and crashed well installing to BB. store was able to get ols OS back but lost all third party apps and factory games. afraid to try updating it again.
    04-04-09 08:34 AM
    reload software error 507 .
    got the download thru rim downloaded to download manager. and crashed well installing to BB. store was able to get ols OS back but lost all third party apps and factory games. afraid to try updating it again.
    you tried OTA right?
    04-04-09 08:36 AM
    Thank you. I'll get this over to my RIM developers now. Sorry for these problems. We did not see any 561 errors in all of our testing.
    Sent: Sat Apr 04 09:27:08 2009
    Subject: RE: fatal error.....
    I downloaded the update from RIM. I installed the EXE file that was the update on my computer. After that, I went into the DM 4.7.0.32 (nov 4 2008), app loader, update software. Followed all the POSTIVE prompts to complete the update. Went to get something to drink, came back to check on it, and I got �a fatal error �please reload software�#157;. I tried and same thing. The DM DID do a backup.

Look at this link�.. there are other having problems also, not the same code. It looks like they have a 507 code.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/fa...dating-198460/

no 561 error???? I SAW IT!!! i even looked at it 3-4 times
    04-04-09 09:42 AM
    What method are you guys using to upgrade your devices? Remember to use DM 4.6, there are tons of problems identified with using 4.7 to upgrade.
    Last edited by exelant; 04-04-09 at 09:44 AM.
    04-04-09 09:42 AM
    What method are you guys using to upgrade your devices?
    look at my post right before yours
    04-04-09 09:43 AM
    What method are you guys using to upgrade your devices?
    Click on my link and this is the FIX for your issue. The USB issue. Even with some Xp's proven it works. If it doesnt PM me i will Ts further with u
    04-04-09 09:44 AM
    Hopefully RIM will act on it quick.....I'm anxious to update this thing but won't until I know the OTA works okay.
    04-04-09 09:44 AM
    Click on my link and this is the FIX for your issue. The USB issue. Even with some Xp's proven it works. If it doesnt PM me i will Ts further with u
    NOT running WIN7

NOT trough a HUB
    04-04-09 09:48 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD