what program do I use to open the combined3 books on my computer?... it keeps saying WINDOWS EXPLORER CANNOT OPEN/SUPPORT FILE.
    06-03-09 12:15 PM
    im not good with computers.. sorry to sound ignorant.. i went back and got the instructions on how to install it on my phone.. what do you mean "extract" the file.... I already downloaded it but i can't seem to open it on my computer =(......................
    Okie dokie. Download the file. Now, navigate to it through windows explorer. Right-click and go to "Extract" or "Extract All" and then a wizard will pop up to let you save the ipd file somewhere...make sure you save it somewhere where you can find it later...

If you don't have that option, you will need to download winrar or something of the sort. Google "How to Open ZIP files" and I'm sure the answer will reveal itself.

When I get around to it, I'll add a link to the direct ipd file to my how-to since some people don't know what to do with the ZIP file.

EDIT: here's all the info you should need on ZIP files. If you can't open it, read the part about using Win95/98, etc.
    How To: Open a Zip file
    Last edited by amysharren; 06-03-09 at 12:19 PM.
    06-03-09 12:15 PM
    thank you amy =)
    06-03-09 12:18 PM
    amy..... check your PM
    06-03-09 12:21 PM
    can u walkthrow this and tell what to look for and email back about this i can get my phone working becausr boost wont help me out with anything at
    dejorisataol.com
    06-03-09 01:45 PM
    I just got my 8350i and loaded up combined3. I am able to send texts but unable to receive them normally. I master reset the radios and my texts will come in when i turn the radio on. Other than that I am unable to receive them while the phone is on. I tried things I have read in this thread such as registering my device on boostmobile.com which registers correctly Model : RIMBBCURVE 8350I KITTED TRANS on their site. I have never done the email forwarding thing on sprint/nextel site either as this is a new phone. I also have it set to Automatic Retrieval ALways for MMS. Does anyone have any other suggestions to receive texts? Or does it just take awhile for Boost to register a new device on their network from an older one? Any input is greatly appreciated.
    06-03-09 02:16 PM
    can u walkthrow this and tell what to look for and email back about this i can get my phone working becausr boost wont help me out with anything at
    dejorisataol.com
    First you need to download this....http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...-combined3.zip

Then follow these instructions:

1. ENABLE SERVICE BOOK COMPLETE BACKUP / OVER WRITE / RESTORE on the Device, like this:
    open Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books hold Alt and hit {S}{B}{E}{B} let go of alt and it should show a message about how legacy service books are enabled.

2. BACKUP EXISTING SERVICE BOOKS
    Hook up the phone to the laptop
    Open Blackberry Desktop Manager -> Backup/Restore -> Advanced -> Backup existing service books to a safe place so in the event of a problem they can be restored.

3. DOWNLOAD FILE
    Combine3.zip
    4. WRITE NEW SERVICE BOOKS TO DEVICE
    Open BB DM, go to Backup/Restore -> Advanced -> Left Window -> File -> Open -> select the file you downloaded in step 3.

5. Disconnect phone from Computer.

6. Battery pull.

7. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> BB Menu key -> Register

8. Battery pull.

9. go to advanced settings -> browser and change the hot spot to browser.

10. if you do not get the browser option restart and try again.

Note: Give the blackberry time to connect with the network, i wasn't patient enough and did it right away and it gave me a wifi error, after i waited a bit more i tried it again for the hellofit and it worked.
    it says no entires!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by piloso; 06-03-09 at 02:28 PM.
    06-03-09 02:23 PM
    Is it common that when I load the combine3 i see the 23 records.After the transfer I check the Service Books it says 23 records on Desktop manager and I check service books on the BB it shows around 20.... After I battery pull the listing drops to like 9 on the BB and in Desktop manager it shows 5. This seems very odd.

As soon as i complete the service books update i recevie all the texts i am waiting for. But nothing comes after that. It seems a battery pull will get my new messages that are in queue again.
    06-03-09 03:29 PM
    guys i can send text,emails,recibe texts,e mails,if you need help ,let me know,i will be glad to help you
    06-03-09 04:38 PM
    guys i can send text,emails,recibe texts,e mails,if you need help ,let me know,i will be glad to help you
    Are you able to send email attachments?
    For those who need a program to extract files I have a program that's free, but I don't know how to upload here, can someone advice me how?
    06-03-09 05:22 PM
    Are you able to send email attachments?
    For those who need a program to extract files I have a program that's free, but I don't know how to upload here, can someone advice me how?
    When you post a reply to a thread, scroll down and you will see "Additional Options" Under that you will see "Manage Attachments." You can only upload certain types including bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip so you can't upload the *.exe unless you zip it which brings us back to the original problem (:

Try megaupload.com and post a link, I think that would be the best idea?
    06-03-09 06:03 PM
    When you post a reply to a thread, scroll down and you will see "Additional Options" Under that you will see "Manage Attachments." You can only upload certain types including bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip so you can't upload the *.exe unless you zip it which brings us back to the original problem (:

Try megaupload.com and post a link, I think that would be the best idea?
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Ok, see if it works...I don't know if I did it right, you can use this progran to extract files. Let me know if works, if not I will give it another try...thanks Amy for advicing me how to upload.
    Last edited by piloso; 06-03-09 at 06:28 PM.
    06-03-09 06:22 PM
    yes i can send mail with attachments
    06-03-09 06:36 PM
    yes i can send mail with attachments
    Do the attachments go through? Are you using Shangmail? Can you view attachment sent to you in the inbox?

If all of the answers are yes, could you post your SBs? Most of the rest of us are unable to do this with Shangmail and Combine3.
    06-03-09 06:48 PM
    yes they go though....and no iam not using shangmail....if you dowloaded combine3...it will work ok....posting instructions how to do it in a minute guys
    06-03-09 06:52 PM
    yes they go though....and no iam not using shangmail....if you dowloaded combine3...it will work ok....posting instructions how to do it in a minute guys
    Wait, are you sending via your email or via MMS? We can send/receive via MMS, just not on our email.
    06-03-09 06:55 PM
    ok.. guys to be able to send emails you have to combine3 as a sevice books......

1.-go to mms folder
    2.-BB buttom
    3.-compose MMS
    4.-[use once]...above add contact....all the way up...click
    5.-wich address? phone...Email
    6.- chose Email...click
    7.-enter E mail address
    8.-BB button
    9.- continue
    10.-write whatever you want in your emai
    11.-BB buttom
    12.-attach picture.....(only if you wanna attach picture)
    13.-BB buttom
    14.- send
    it works for me ...hopelly it works for you guys too....let me know
    06-03-09 07:03 PM
    ok.. guys to be able to send emails you have to combine3 as a sevice books......

1.-go to mms folder
    2.-BB buttom
    3.-compose MMS
    4.-[use once]...above add contact....all the way up...click
    5.-wich address? phone...Email
    6.- chose Email...click
    7.-enter E mail address
    8.-BB button
    9.- continue
    10.-write whatever you want in your emai
    11.-BB buttom
    12.-attach picture.....(only if you wanna attach picture)
    13.-BB buttom
    14.- send
    it works for me ...hopelly it works for you guys too....let me know
    Yup. I think most of us have that working. It's the shangmail/email/native browser and adding attachments that way that we are having trouble with.
    06-03-09 07:16 PM
    Yup. I think most of us have that working. It's the shangmail/email/native browser and adding attachments that way that we are having trouble with.
    I sent myself a picture to my msn email address about 10 minutes ago, it seems it left but I still have not gotten it yet.
    06-03-09 07:20 PM
    I sent myself a picture to my msn email address about 10 minutes ago, it seems it left but I still have not gotten it yet.
    Yeah I tested it the day I got MMS working and it took AWHILE before it showed up, but it eventually did. I would just like to be able to send an attachment through my regular email for professional reasons, or to not have to navigate to the file when I receive an email with an attachment. This isn't a huge issue, but it would be nice.
    06-03-09 07:23 PM
    in order to register your BB phone with Boost, all you need to do is register your IMEI on the site where it tells you to update your handset. Honestly one day I was just browsing on the boost site and I tried putting in my IMEI number in because it was registered under the original phone's IMEI and I can't believe it actually recognized my BB phone. That's why I thought I had the option to report the phone lost or stolen since it had the proper information.
    06-03-09 07:34 PM
    in order to register your BB phone with Boost, all you need to do is register your IMEI on the site where it tells you to update your handset. Honestly one day I was just browsing on the boost site and I tried putting in my IMEI number in because it was registered under the original phone's IMEI and I can't believe it actually recognized my BB phone. That's why I thought I had the option to report the phone lost or stolen since it had the proper information.
    Since Boost doesn't offer a replacement plan, I'm guessing that's in case you need to suspend your service or put the IMEI on the unusable list.

I will say that within a month of me getting my BB the speaker just stopped working properly. The guy I bought it from only had it for a month before I got it. I tried going to a Sprint STORE and they gave me BB's 800 for warranty (since they couldn't help me) but when I called it, the line was really only for a service provider, not me.

So I took it to a Sprint REPAIR CENTER. At first, they said it should cost me $125 since it's a smart phone but since they already know what the problem is they would only charge me $55 (since I have Boost they said they couldn't do it for free). But when they went to print my receipt and put all the info into their system, the balance came up as $0.00 and said the phone was still under warranty. The techs were as surprised as I was but I rushed out before they changed their minds (:
    06-03-09 07:43 PM
    Hey Muscle man, your email attachments delay also? It's been over 40 minutes and I still have not gotten that email attachment.
    Last edited by piloso; 06-03-09 at 07:55 PM.
    06-03-09 07:52 PM
    the combined3 works for me for the most part, and am happy about it, but i have one question, as soon as I send the MMS. or reply to one, my signals goes down to NO SIGNAL, and THEN i would get X and SOS and then it comes back on again, with nxTL, then NXTL, so basically what i am saying it disconnects me from the network, and then comes on again, it happends most of the time when using the internet or any data. anyone have the same problem, some times it works just fine, i dunno
    06-03-09 09:07 PM
    yeah it happens to me also,
    speacially when I use the google maps.
    I dunno why ,either !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-03-09 09:42 PM
588 ... 2021222324
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD