Method #1 Step by Step How To:

Before You Begin:
    Your Storm must be unlocked. If it's not, I recommend Unlocking.com You Need a T-Mobile SIM Card With An Active BlackBerry Data Plan Desk Top Manager 4.6 or Higher installed. This is the disc that came with your phone or can be downloaded HERE

What You Need:
    Download and install CrackUtil to your PC
    Attachment 32714

SPECIAL CRACKUTIL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICROSOFT VISTA USERS.
    For Microsoft Vista, an additional step is needed after installation on all versions. Right click on the CrackUtil icon and scroll to Properties. Select Properties and then on the next panel, select Compatability and then click Run this program as an administrator. This only need to be done once right after installation. Note the check in the Run this program as an administrator box. This only has to be done once. Thanks Pete6!

Please see attachments below for T-Mobile Service Books.

Download/Save the Service Books to your desktop, right click on the Zip file and select "Extract All". Inside is one .ipd file. You'll come back to it in Step 2.

STEP #1

Connect the Storm (and leave connected throughout the procedure) to pc and open CrackUtil. Enter your password if you use one. Select the File Manipulation Tab, then select Retrieve File Listing. Scroll down until you see the module net_rim_bb_browser_daemon Click on it and select "Remove File From Device".You will get a Grid Index Out of Range message at this point. That's normal, close CrackUtil. The Storm will be in the process of rebooting and may have an "Uncaught Exception Error" This is normal.

STEP #2

Now, Open Desktop Manager and go to Back up and Restore>Advanced. You will see the Storm's databases in the box on the right. Over the box on the left, select File>Open. Locate and Double click on the Service books .ipd file you downloaded and extracted earlier. They should now be in the left box. Single click to highlight them in the left box and hit the bottom of the two middle buttons to transfer them to the Storm. When that is done, return to the Main Menu, then close Desktop Manager.

STEP #3

Open CrackUtil. Go to the File Manipulation Tab, select Load File to Device A window will open containing the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module you removed. Double click on it to replace it. When thats done you can Exit CrackUtil. You can now disconnect from pc. The Storm will be in the process of rebooting.

You should have a Fully Functional Browser now. Resend your email service books from T-Mobile to restore your email. Also you need TCP configurations in Options>Advanced Options>TCP. APN should say wap.voicestream.com Nothing under user name or password.

If you are using an unlocked Verizon Storm and have "Activation Required" on your home screen or your phone number displays incorrectly, Dial # # 000000 (Send). In the Menu, change the mobile directory number to your phone number and select save. The device will reboot and activate/display the correct number.

================================================== ================================================== ==============================================

Method #2
    STEP BY STEP HOW TO

Before You Begin:
    Your Storm must be unlocked. If it's not, I recommend Uniquephones You Need a T-Mobile SIM Card With An Active BlackBerry Data Plan Desk Top Manager 4.6 or Higher (this is the disc that came with your phone or can be downloaded HERE I recommend 4.6)

WHAT YOU NEED:

First you will need your Storm's Operating System installed to your PC. On the Storm go to, Options>About to find what OS you have. You can download the appropriate OS below. Select your OS link, download and install to your computer.

OS 4.7.0.75 (you will need to know a(any) valid Verizon Phone Number to Download)

OS 4.7.0.76

OS 4.7.0.78 For 9500

OS 4.7.0.83

OS 4.7.0.83 For 9500

OS 4.7.0.85

OS 4.7.0.85 For 9500

Once you have downloaded the OS, double click on the icon to launch and install the OS to your PC. Next, Go to My Computer C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Find (usually at the bottom) and Delete the vendor.xml file. Then close.

Next you need the T-Mobile Generic Service Books below.

Download/Save to your desktop, right click on the Zip file and select "Extract All". Inside is one .ipd file. You'll come back to it in Step 3.

STEP #1

Go to My Computer C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\{Your OS Here}\Java. Locate the module net_rim_bb_browser_daemon typically in the fourth row down when in icon view. CAREFULLY right click on it and select CUT. Right click again on nothing this time, and go to New>Folder. Open the new folder, once inside Right click and select Paste, putting the net_rim_bb_browser_deamon module inside. Close all windows.

STEP #2

With the T-Mobile SIM card inserted, connect the Storm to the PC and open Desktop Manager. Go to Application Loader. Add/Remove Applications. If you downloaded a Multi-language version of your OS you will get a prompt to update languages. You can ignore. Select NEXT then FINISH. You will see the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module being removed.

Once the loading operation is successful. Return to the Desktop Manager Main Menu.

STEP #3

Now go to Back up and Restore>Advanced. You will see the Storm's databases in the box on the right. Over the box on the left, select File>Open. Locate and Double click on the Service books .ipd file you downloaded and extracted earlier. Single click to highlight them in the left box and hit the bottom of the two middle buttons to transfer them to the Storm. Then return to the Desktop Manager Main Menu. Minimize.

STEP #4

Next, return to My Computer C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\{Your OS Here}\Java. Open the New Folder you created. Right click on the net_rim_bb_browser_deamon module. Select cut, select Back and right click and paste back into place. Delete the now empty New Folder you created. Close the Java folder.

STEP #5

Return to Desktop Manager. Go to Application loader. Add/Remove applications. Select NEXT then FINISH. You will see the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module being replaced. Select Finish. When the Loading operation is successful. You can then disconnect the Storm from the PC. You should have a Fully Functional Browser now. Resend your email service books from T-Mobile to restore your email. Also you need TCP configurations in Options>Advanced Options>TCP. APN should say wap.voicestream.com Nothing under user name or password.

If you are using an unlocked Verizon Storm and have "Activation Required" on your home screen or your phone number displays incorrectly, Dial # # 000000 (Send). In the Menu, change the mobile directory number to your phone number and select save. The device will reboot and activate/display the correct number.
    Last edited by pltaylor; 08-25-10 at 10:01 PM.
    11-30-08 06:21 PM
    Genius PT fixed it again! He's one person that I know for sure understands the blackberry file system format... and so The browser issue for anyone who's running on TMOBILE with an unlocked storm is now fixed. The only issue I ran across is getting back the APP-Center for the storm, other then that, everything works great. Thanks again to PT !!!

UPDATE:

The attachment service is tied in with the older service books from verizon so after adding in the generic books by PT, remove the Blackberry attachment service from the application list and re sync with DM and you should be good to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlocked Storm 9530| - Tmobile Functions:
    Every function including these now works. Give thanks to P.Taylor for compiling a working generic service book file for Storm Users and Abusers like all of us here

Working
    1- Web Browser
    2- MMS txt sending
    3- E-mail Attachments
    4- E-mail Sending/Receiving
    5- Calls / Txt
    6- Blackberry MSGR
    7- 3rd Party Apps-e.g (Viigo/Facebook/Myspace/Flickr/Google Maps....etc
    ----------------------

Not Working *Yet*
    1- App Center Application
    2- AOL "AIM" Messenger Application

AIM update:

The client will not connect because the service books for it doesn't fit within the generic tmo service books when the browser books are included. I've tried the aim + generic books and only AIM messenger will work, not the browser. And with the other Tmo generic book, the browser works but AIM will not. For now, just pick one... either the browser or AIM. I think its a wise choice to go with the browser for now but it will be cool to get both running soon. Lets keep our fingers cross ;D
    Last edited by kwackberrwii; 12-02-08 at 01:56 AM. Reason: aim update
    11-30-08 06:33 PM
    Thanks a lot!

Is there anyway to do this with a storm unlocked for AT&T?
    11-30-08 06:34 PM
    Thanks a lot!

Is there anyway to do this with a storm unlocked for AT&T?
    Yes http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-w-unlocked-storm-95xx-107154/
    Last edited by pltaylor; 03-10-09 at 08:48 PM.
    11-30-08 06:38 PM
    It should not be related. Is it all attachments or any particular type?
    11-30-08 06:49 PM
    Is your regular email and HTML email working? I think you need to log into the T-Mo BIS. Choose switch device, then resend the service books.
    Last edited by pltaylor; 11-30-08 at 08:44 PM.
    11-30-08 08:41 PM
    im a TMO customer and want a STORM!! Anyone know where I can get one@!! lol
    11-30-08 10:45 PM
    are you able to use it on tmo's 3g network?
    11-30-08 11:41 PM
    im a TMO customer and want a STORM!! Anyone know where I can get one@!! lol
    You're going to have to pay retail. $499

Also this is good for my brother, he is getting rid of his iPhone to get the Storm with Verizon. But he has the old school 3000 mins and EDGE for $45 plan when T Mobile became available first here. I wouldn't leave that deal either. I'm going to let him know tomorrow morning.
    12-01-08 12:37 AM
    Will this work for T-mobile UK or is it just for Verzion network??
    12-01-08 02:40 AM
    I'm not sure if the T-Mobile UK/US service books are the same. I won't hurt to try. Let us know.
    12-01-08 06:12 AM
    I bought a storm 9500 in the UK this past week. I need to get it unlocked. and anyone put me in the right direction, I want to use it on t-mobile in the USA
    12-01-08 03:37 PM
    Vodafone... i don't think they released unlock codes yet. Better off with a 9530.
    12-01-08 05:59 PM
    Does anyone have the solution for the ATT data working on the bb storm 9530 unlocked??? PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks
    12-01-08 08:42 PM
    i have edge working.. and the only reason i know this was because i was able to mess around with the app store.. but i have no browser and crap like that .. tmobile stuff working now .. can someone please help with att also .. i have an active sim with a working blackberry data plan...
    12-02-08 12:05 AM
    psumosdef- At&t is currently being worked on to get all functions up and running. We only have one person actually working on it so give a little time and patience.
    12-02-08 12:48 AM
    HELP, I followed these instructions to the letter and updated the PIN on my TMobile account to be my Storm device. I have "edge" but can't get the data "EDGE". I have gone to the Host Routing Table and it is empty. All services books are there from the ipd file and I have the browser icons and can surf the web using WAP browser but can't get my email service books and EDGE connection.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

EDIT: One last note, my device says ACTIVATION REQUIRED in capitals at the top of the screen and I can seem to get rid of it. Any ideas on this or are they related.
    Last edited by sibion; 12-02-08 at 03:06 AM.
    12-02-08 02:58 AM
    Rang T-mobile Uk yesterday for them to send me the service Books even though my storm is an unlocked Vodafone phone they put me through to there Blackberry unit very very helpful !!!

Got my browser now working its a t-mobile web'n'walk browser works fine

I Couldn't get Blackberry maps to work
    Could anyone tell me what software for navigation is the best at giving you voice directions while you are driving? can i buy Tom Tom Nav software for my Storm ??
    12-02-08 08:51 AM
    I tried this process multiple times and i haven't been able to get anything but the VZ Navigator to work. I have only tried it with OS .75 though, could that be whats wrong? My desktop manager never recognizes that anything is different w/ net.bb.browser.deaman is gone. Help?
    12-02-08 09:28 AM
    I tried this process multiple times and i haven't been able to get anything but the VZ Navigator to work. I have only tried it with OS .75 though, could that be whats wrong? My desktop manager never recognizes that anything is different w/ net.bb.browser.deaman is gone. Help?
    Delete DM 4.7 and install 4.6 (found here).
    12-02-08 11:49 AM
    Ok At&t people, Here ya go...http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...m-95xx-107154/
    Last edited by pltaylor; 12-02-08 at 02:00 PM.
    12-02-08 01:53 PM
    Voila.... just got my storm this morning called and had it unlocked. Everything is working other than the app center to work

I tried the trick that was posted in the forum earlier but didnt help at all. Someone please help me
    12-02-08 02:01 PM
    Does Anyone Know How To Get The Browswe App On The Phone
    12-02-08 05:26 PM
    Thanks pltaylor! That worked great. Will you be able to get AIM working anytime?

Also i did find that you can install Opera Mini for the 8830 and use that as a browser if anyone can not get this to work.
    12-03-08 09:03 AM
    Working on AIM, For now there is a free beta of BeeJive in the threads. It's an all in one IM app that has AIM WLM ICQ and about 3-4 others. Grab it while it's free. Normally 30 bucks.
    12-03-08 09:09 AM
2,852 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD