so ya at about 12 am Vcast song id just showed up on my home screen with vztones wtf. i didnt download them anyone else get this ?
    06-25-09 11:14 PM
    Yeah, it showed up on my storm and my wife's. If you click on it you will have to download it. I tried it, but it doesn't work. It doesn't seem to be able to ID the songs that I have tried.
    06-25-09 11:20 PM
    ok so i am not crazy then. it just poped up out of nowhere.
    06-25-09 11:23 PM
    ditto. Just DLed Score Mobile, thought it came from that. Good to see it wasn't.

Can't delete, AFAIK, but just hid them.
    06-25-09 11:27 PM
    I just freshly re-installed an OS and I have this too along with an icon for VzwTones. I wasn't even connected to the web when I did the install. Maybe something in Vzw's newest service books? ? ?
    06-25-09 11:28 PM
    ok just got off the phone with Vzw. ya she said they have been doing something but she wouldnt say what it was with the BB servers today so looks like BIS only. but you can delete the icon(not hide) if you install the app the delete it out of your OP>A.OP> APPS it will take the icon with it
    06-25-09 11:37 PM
    well again VZW lied lol *SUPRISE* installing and deleteing doesnt get rid of the icon.
    06-26-09 12:05 AM
    I wonder when they did the update or whatever they did. My phone has been acting strange almost all day. I dont really like that big red can do that without me knowing.

On another note I downloaded the song ID app and it had no problem Id'ing the two songs I tried. They were easy songs though.

Will verizon charge anything for this song id or only when you download the song or the ringtone?
    06-26-09 12:12 AM
    No it's a free app. and I haven't had any problems with mine and I have found some pretty tough songs but every storm is different
    06-26-09 06:21 AM
    I wonder when they did the update or whatever they did. My phone has been acting strange almost all day. I dont really like that big red can do that without me knowing.

On another note I downloaded the song ID app and it had no problem Id'ing the two songs I tried. They were easy songs though.

Will verizon charge anything for this song id or only when you download the song or the ringtone?
    However the songs, ringtones, or ringback tones you will be charged for. But in my opinion it's pointless to purchase any songs from vzw.
    06-26-09 06:23 AM
    change all permissions to allow and it'll work like a charm
    06-26-09 06:37 AM
    Plug Storm in & launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Use App loader and delete.
    BOOYA!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 09:51 PM
    how many times is this thread going to pop up? its already been asked to death. please people there is a search function for a reason.
    06-26-09 09:56 PM
    how many times is this thread going to pop up? its already been asked to death. please people there is a search function for a reason.
    This was actually the first thread to be posted, lol. All the others just followed 7 hours later since like you said, nobody searched for it.

06-26-09 10:14 PM
    ya i work late shift so i am usaly up till the 5am est lol
    06-26-09 10:27 PM
    ya i work late shift so i am usaly up till the 5am est lol
    You weren't the only one. I've been staying up til 4 a.m. EDT recently for some reason.

06-26-09 11:39 PM
    lol nice ya i watched it almost apear on my phone. i sat it down for about 15-20 sec to do something *forgot* and when i picked it back up it was there DOOM! so while i was posting i was calling VZW fit figure out what the **** was going on and y the pushed this to my phone.
    06-27-09 12:56 AM
    ya i got the same thing actually i love song id ive used already about 15 times today great app.!!!
    06-27-09 01:26 AM
    Really, why such a ******?
    06-27-09 01:49 AM
    maybe he didnt use the search function and see this is the first posting of it lol
    06-27-09 03:40 PM
    Go to options, then security options, then application permissions. Select songid and change all permissions to allow in regards to songid.
    07-01-09 07:21 PM
    yea i did that today after trying to figure out why its not working. just change the permissions duh...then it was all good.
    07-01-09 07:32 PM
    Yeah, it showed up on my storm and my wife's. If you click on it you will have to download it. I tried it, but it doesn't work. It doesn't seem to be able to ID the songs that I have tried.
    I had the same problem. It just kept saying "Listening..."
    I checked the application permissions and noticed some were disabled. I changed all of them to allow (probably not the best thing to do) and that worked. If you play around with it, you can probably find the specific permission(s) that are stopping it from working right. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Probably should've read all the way to the end of the thread before replying...I am such a dope!
    Last edited by cleszczak; 07-23-09 at 10:42 PM.
    07-23-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD