Well if you are like me and like the convenience of having the wall street journal at your finger tips on your storm or other blackberry device via the WSJ app for free, consider it over. I just saw this article saying they are going to start charging 2 dollars a week for access to articles now within a month or two

Coming to mobile phones: Wall Street Journal fees by AP: Yahoo! Tech

I guess I won't be reading the articles anymore and will be deleting that app shortly.

EDIT: and read the bottom...THEY ARE CONSIDERING FEES FOR HULU TOO
    09-16-09 03:12 AM
    Makes sense from a business stand point. They are loosing more and more money as users stop reading the actual paper and read the articles online. So in order for them to keep the same revenue they will have to charge for the online articles too.

As for hulu I would be willing to pay a certain amount of money if they could get all the major tv networks on there.
    09-16-09 03:31 AM
    Understandable, but I think they should have charged from the beginning if they were going to at all. It sucks to have it for free for months then all of a sudden, "Oh, well...your going to have to pay for that now". I think it may actually be wiser to have it for free because it gets gets a much broader audience to entice them to sign up for something else they might offer. Like they could have made the articles free and charged for the streaming stock quotes or something. This gets peoples foot in the door.
    09-16-09 03:45 AM
    Understandable, but I think they should have charged from the beginning if they were going to at all. It sucks to have it for free for months then all of a sudden, "Oh, well...your going to have to pay for that now". I think it may actually be wiser to have it for free because it gets gets a much broader audience to entice them to sign up for something else they might offer. Like they could have made the articles free and charged for the streaming stock quotes or something. This gets peoples foot in the door.
    While it does suck, it's a common business practice. Give something away free for a while and make it apart of peoples life. Then when they least expect it charge them for it. They will have no choice but to pay for it because they have become addicted / dependent on it. Business is shady like that but it happens all the time =/
    09-16-09 03:49 AM
    While it does suck, it's a common business practice. Give something away free for a while and make it apart of peoples life. Then when they least expect it charge them for it. They will have no choice but to pay for it because they have become addicted / dependent on it. Business is shady like that but it happens all the time =/
    Oh well, Its a big memory hog anyway. I can delete it and it will give me plenty of room for another one of your apps
    09-16-09 04:08 AM
    Oh well, Its a big memory hog anyway. I can delete it and it will give me plenty of room for another one of your apps
    Haha that's the spirit
    09-16-09 04:12 AM
    yes unfortunately I used both the WSJ and the AP news app....this one will be deleted once the fees begin...hopefully they will revert like AP did?
    09-16-09 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD