researched this and did not find anything substantial. thanks
    02-13-09 09:18 AM
    Nav4all isn't that bad considering it's free. But your much better off with the Garmin Mobile. If I didn't have my Garmin portable GPS then I would of instantly gotten Garmin Mobile for the Storm. It works just as well as my Nuvi660.
    02-13-09 09:21 AM
    I use the BB maps that comes with the phone when going to different clients a couple times a week. It's never let me down yet. It lets you pick fastest, shortest, no tollway, etc etc just like standalone GPS units.
    02-13-09 09:23 AM
    Love Garmin mobile, but its $80 - but that was better for me than $10 a month. Seriously if I keep the phone for 2 years (most likely) that is about $3 a month and for 3 years its probably about $2.

Still, the way Garmin integrates google search and your contacts is wonderful. It is the smoothest app I've seen.
    02-13-09 09:25 AM
    does the BB Maps have turn by turn voice?
    02-13-09 10:17 AM
    A free GPS rivaling the best pay services is going to be very hard to find. Designing, developing and maintaining GPS software is extremely time-intensive and very expensive and most companies can't afford to do it for free.

In the end, with most GPS softwares, you get what you pay for.
    02-13-09 10:31 AM
    It'll be nice when google gets Gmaps to work.
    02-13-09 12:34 PM
    It'll be nice when google gets Gmaps to work.
    yea but does gmaps have voice directions?
    02-13-09 02:31 PM
    I'm personally not as concerned with voice directions. I am looking for a gps app that I can bookmark way points, get Lat/Longs and bearings for work. I see a real nice MotionX Gps for Iphone. Is there anything like this for BB???
    06-22-10 07:31 PM
    For Driving directions etc...with turn by turn and voice I use "Amaze" and love it. It's not free but it's not expensive either.

For logging you waypoints and getting gps co-ords, I use "GPSLogger" app when I go walking then download the data over google earth when I get home. It might have the features you want take a peep....
    06-24-10 02:54 PM
    Google Maps has never done me wrong. I don't use all the options you look to use, but searching and guiding are top notch. You can certainly save waypoints/favs. Another perk I've found is switching modes of transportation. (I.E. bicycle, walking, transit, and of course car/truck.) its even got a built in traffic monitor and a speak and search feature. Even an ETA countdown. I believe GMaps is well equipped to serve your purpose. Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 06-24-10 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Got the link for ya http://www.google.com/mobile/maps/
    06-24-10 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD