PLEASE ASK FOR REQUESTS/FEATURES ON MAIN THREAD!
    READ THIS POST CAREFULLY BEFORE ASKING ANOTHER QUESTION PLEASE!
    THANK YOU!

RULES

NO ARGUING/COMPLAINING/FLAMING/WHINING ON MY THREAD. TAKE IT TO THE MAIN THREAD.

FOR PAID STORMSLIDER/BERRYSLIDER - Current Version: 5.0.*

StormSlider - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    CrackBerryAppStore.com

How do I upgrade to the latest update? Open the download link on your phone from other updates...or go to the site where you bought the app (crackberry/mobihand) and send yourself a download link...

Keyboard Issue

Why do I see this error?:

StormSlider Issues

Why wont it work? Are your permissions set to allow? You will need to allow permissions and then do a battery pull

I'm locked out of my phone: Start in safe mode (Do a battery pull and hold down the back key while it's loading) then remove the application. Install the latest update and everything should be good to go

Installed the app now everytime my phone boots up it freezes! Boot into safemode (hold down the back/escape key while the phone is booting), this disables third party apps and will allow you to uninstall.
    Restart your phone after uninstall and try again this time don't forget about the permissions.

My Lock button doesn't start up StormSlider! Yes it does...Since developers can't MAKE their apps set to the lock button, there is a workaround in which you press the Lock button > normal lock is shown > You wait until the phone dims > StormSlider will automatically kick in....

Exceptions

Uncaught exception java.lang.error: Set your permissions to allow and restart your phone. If you don't you will keep getting this error and the app will not work.

Uncaught exception: Field added to a manager while it is already parented: You denied a permission during the install. You will need to allow permissions and then do a battery pull.

Definitions

-------

SMS/MMS/EMAIL Notifications

How do I get the SMS/MMS notifications to show? It automatically shows; however, it will not show if you already have StormSlider unlocked and the sms/mms has already gone through. The notifications will show when you receive new messages while StormSlider is active

How do I get the Email notifications to show? Go to options > advanced options > default services > under "default messages" > select an email address for default (other then ur blackberry.net email) > if u have multiple emails > set your extra emails to be forwarded to your default email address > it will not show if you already have StormSlider unlocked and the email has already gone through > The notifications will show when you receive new messages while StormSlider is active

General

Can I see how much battery is left as a larger screen? Yes: Display StormSlider > Click on the battery icon on the top left hand corner > Should display the battery charging image > Press the little icon again to display main screen

Options

How do I get into the options? StormSlider > bbmenu > options

How do I turn off the app completely? Options > main options > Set "Turn App On / Off" to: Yes

Main Options

Where is the options for phone/applications/password/etc? Display StormSlider > bbmenu > Options > Main Options

Phone Options

How do I use the phone lock? Set "Launch on Phone" to: Yes and set how many seconds to wait until the phone lock message comes on...(slide to unlock)

How do I ReLaunch StormSlider after the phone disconnects? Set "Launch on Phone Exit" under "Phone Options" to: Yes

Application Options

Can I customize the Slider text? Yes; just erase what's in the text field and type what you want it to say

How do I set StormSlider to launch on startup? Set "Launch on Startup" to: Yes

How do I make the app launch on dim? Set "Launch on Dim" to: Yes and set how many minutes it will take to launch the app after dimming

How do I make the app not launch on dim? Set "Launch on Dim" to: No

How do I make the app lock upon holster removal? Set "Launch on Holster Removal" to: Yes

How do I make the app not launch on charger? Set "Launch on Charger" to: No

How do I make the app launch upon charger removal? Set "Charger Removal" to: Yes

How do I show the charging icon while charging? Set "Show Charging Icon" to: Yes

How do I launch the app using the default lock button? Set "Launch on Lock Button" to: Yes

How do I make the app play the 'click' sound when you complete the slide action? Set "Play the 'Click' Sound" to: Yes

How do I make the app show your owner info? Set "Show Owner Info" to: Yes

Password Options

How do I set a password?
    Enter a 4 digit password > Confirm the password
    Set "Enable Password" under "Password Options" to: Yes

How do I make the app vibrate when a wrong password is set? Set "Vibrate Wrong Password" to: Yes

Do you have to actually touch+click the screen to enter the password or can you just touch to enter? You can do both (Based on personal preference)

Media Options

How do I make the app not launch on media player? Set "Launch on Media Player" to: No

How do I make the app not launch when slacker/pandora is running? Set "Launch on Slacker" to: No

Clock Options

How do I see military time (24 Hour)? Set "Use 24 Hour Clock" to: Yes

Color Options

How do I change the color of the font? Under "Color Options" > Next to "Select a Color" > Click on the dropdown list > select a color

Wallpaper Options

How do I get to the wallpaper section? Options > Wallpapers Options

Custom Wallpaper Options

How do I get custom wallpapers for portrait mode? Click on "Change Wallpaper" > browse to the picture of your choosing

How do I get custom wallpapers for landscape mode? Click on "Change Wallpaper" > browse to the picture of your choosing

How do I keep the custom wallpaper after reboot? Place pictures in device memory rather then memory card

How do I reset to the default wallpaper? Options > StormSlider Options > Set "Reset Wallpaper" at the bottom of the "Application Options"

How do I get my pictures not be squashed? Connect phone to pc > upload pic to pc > resize/rotate if needed > put pic on device memory > unplug phone > set pic as ss bg

Weather Options

How do I get to the weather section? Options > Weather Options

Weather Options

How do I show the weather on app? Set "Show Weather" to: Yes

How to set a location? Click on "1st Location" > Type in your zip code

How do set multiple locations? Click on "2nd/3rd Location" > Type in zip code

How do I set the default? Click on "Default Location" and select the zip code you want as the default

How do I set the interval? Choose on "Minute Per Update" to 15/30/45/60 minute intervals

How do I change the units? Select either "Fahrenheit" or "Celcius"

How do I change what the icon displays? Select from dropdown list: "Current Temp & high/low"; "Current Temp"; "Text (No Icon)"

Can I get SW to show up as a wallpaper on StormSlider? (If you have berryweather or simpleweather installed) Yes: options > wallpaper options > change wallpaper > sdcard/store > blackberry > pictures > sw.png/berryweather.png

Known Questions

Can we get a lock to portrait mode option?
    Not right now; however, you can use other locking apps available

Rants

There is a memory leak! Probably not, check out other apps first before blaming it on StormSlider

This app is killing my battery! No, it's just the reboots from the updates...

This app sucks! Well that's too bad, dmg took a LONG time trying to fix bugs and tries to make his customers happy, if you don't like it, well that's just life, now isn't it?.......We didn't force you download it, you brought it upon yourself.

I want an update! Chill out, when an update is ready, dmg will post it....well you will also get an email about a new update available to download (unless if he just sends it out in the wild > then just open the original email (if you don't have it, send yourself another) > at the download page > bbmenu > refresh)

Other Problems: For most problems (other than the normal rants people tend to post), a simple battery pull is needed. If that doesn't fix the problem check your permissions and see if their set to allow. IF you're still having a problem, post it in this thread.

FOR FREE STORMSLIDER - Current Version: 5.0.2

StormSlider - Free

There is a keyboard on my screen? This is known as compatibility mode. To disable this you will need to restart your phone (just do a battery pull) and t hen do the following Options > Advanced Options > Applications > StormSlider > Menu Key > Disable Compatibility Mode

Where is the options list everyone is talking about? There is no options list in the free version

Why doesn't my default lock button activate StormSlider when I press it? StormSlider cannot be activated by the default lock key, screen dimming, or while on a call in the free version

How do I activate it? It must be activated by using the StormSlider icon.

There is no password prompt? Correct, password settings is only for the paid app...buy the full app to use this feature.

Uncaught Exception 8: This is a known bug that happens from 12noon - 1pm, and has been fixed with the latest version. When ever the app world approves it, it will be available for download

There is a memory leak! Probably not, check out other apps first before blaming it on StormSlider

This app sucks! Then upgrade to the paid app, much better than the free app

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where can I get the BlackBerry Logo From StormSlider?

BlackBerry Logo Background

BlackBerry Logo Icon

BlackBerry Logo Transparent Icon
    Last edited by DriftDevil; 02-05-10 at 05:49 PM.
    04-23-09 02:21 PM
    Thanks this will help a lot with all the questions. I have 160+ emails to answer and I will just point them all to here
    04-23-09 02:30 PM
    lol not a problem, i got tired of answering already answered questions...lol
    04-23-09 02:32 PM
    Can you add this one to the list?

Uncaught Exception 8: This is a known bug that happens from 12noon - 1pm, and has been fixed with the latest version. When ever the app world approves it, it will be available for download

...That's for the people on the app world who are having problems with the free version
    04-23-09 02:41 PM
    ok added..
    04-23-09 02:43 PM
    Bump! Please people, read this thread before posting in the other.
    04-23-09 02:47 PM
    edited.......
    04-23-09 03:33 PM
    Might want to add

Installed the app now everytime my phone boots up it freezes.
    Boot into safemode (hold down the back/escape key while the phone is booting), this disables third party apps and will allow you to uninstall.
    Restart your phone after uninstall and try again this time don't forget about the permissions.
    04-23-09 03:51 PM
    You should also add a section for future updates that DMG has confirmed.

- Passcode buttons lighting up.
    - Custom background images.
    etc.
    04-23-09 03:52 PM

etc.
    Very nice list Drift! I'm sure this helpped DMG a lot
    04-23-09 03:54 PM

etc.
    Good thinkin
    04-23-09 03:55 PM
    edited.....
    04-23-09 03:59 PM
    edited again
    04-23-09 04:11 PM
    I am planning on getting a replacement storm, will I be able to re download this without re buying it?
    04-23-09 04:17 PM
    ......u should be able to....just change ur pin on mobihand n u should be good to go
    04-23-09 04:24 PM
    edited the "Will my alarm work" question....
    04-23-09 04:26 PM
    edited once again
    04-23-09 04:47 PM
    Can we get a lock to portrait mode option? dmg has not found a way to lock on portrait, the app is a global screen...the normal orientation lock code is not the same as a global screen...
    I don't know anything about coding, but couldn't DMG just make the screen the same? when In portrait or landscape mode.
    like it will rotate (that just because it has to), but what it will rotate to is the exact same thing?

am I making sense?
    04-23-09 04:55 PM
    Maybe I should haved posted this here instead of at the main thread page. My apologies.

I have my slider on...Launch on Dim: No

But after I lock it and get a call I have to unlock the phone after I click answer. Anyway for it to be unlocked on the answer? Instead of having to do it manually?
    04-23-09 04:59 PM
    I just want to say i purchased this app for a mere 1 dollar last night and have already had 2 updates!

honestly thats what I call true customer service and backing up a product. Thank you DMG for your time.
    04-23-09 05:02 PM
    Maybe I should haved posted this here instead of at the main thread page. My apologies.

I have my slider on...Launch on Dim: No

But after I lock it and get a call I have to unlock the phone after I click answer. Anyway for it to be unlocked on the answer? Instead of having to do it manually?
    options > stormslider options > phone options > launch on phone: No
    or
    options > stormslider options > phone options > launch on phone: yes > seconds to wait > ur preference
    04-23-09 05:05 PM
    I don't know anything about coding, but couldn't DMG just make the screen the same? when In portrait or landscape mode.
    like it will rotate (that just because it has to), but what it will rotate to is the exact same thing?

am I making sense?
    this makes sense, u can ask on the main thread
    04-23-09 05:06 PM
    First application that has gotten many updates to fix issues. Very pleased with Customer Service on this one. I love it! Thanks guys!
    04-23-09 05:07 PM
    Drift, should we make the FAQs by Free and Paid versions, like kept this thread but edit the OP and categorize it? So free users don't get too excited ahaha. Just a suggestion. It's fine how it is and very helpful to those who help themselves.
    04-23-09 05:09 PM
    Drift, should we make the FAQs by Free and Paid versions, like kept this thread but edit the OP and categorize it? So free users don't get too excited ahaha. Just a suggestion. It's fine how it is and very helpful to those who help themselves.
    lolol good idea...
    04-23-09 05:12 PM
892 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD