So i've been waiting for slingplayer beta to come out today, woke up, went to slings site, and it's there so I got happy to just try it out. I knew from the beginning that the storm wasn't a supported device, but I figured it would somewhat work. But now, it seems that the only way to download it is directly through the phone, you can't download it to the computer. So what happens is that you can't download it because it recognizes that the storm is not a supported device and doesn't allow the download at all.

So bottom line, is there anyone who's been able to download it to the computer? or someone else who has another blackberry device that supports the software who can download it and share it with us to find out if it would install and work on the storm?
    12-30-08 09:15 AM
    I found this, I have it install and working

http://download.slingmedia.com/playe..._def_EN_US.jad
    12-30-08 09:17 AM
    Also, only works vertical mode always has sure type keyboard showing
    12-30-08 09:18 AM
    This is directly from Slings site

SPM BETA on Blackberry Storm: Sling Community
    12-30-08 09:19 AM
    Hmmmmm....
    12-30-08 09:19 AM
    Thanks for that, I just downloaded it and started using it.

Just after a few minutes though the app crashed and the phone reset itself. Hopefully it's just an aberration, I'm running .85 btw.

I wonder if anyone with a bold can upload there app to see if there's any difference since the bolds hardware and software is closer to that of the storm than the pearls
    12-30-08 02:25 PM
    It's great that it'll "work" but with the keyboard always up, it's a little annoying. I ran it for a while and the quality is great, once i closed it, i got a improper install error. I guess until or shoud i say if they ever work on it for this phone, it's going to be shakey at best.
    12-30-08 03:34 PM
    Yeah I installed it this morning but am at work and dont have a great signal at all. I found this on this from the Sling Community Forum and what I did to follow suit SPM BETA on Blackberry Storm: Sling Community

I have not tried it yet because well I cannot remember my password and when I did I dont think my slingbox is setup since it says I need to login with the PC version and set the password. So when I get back home I will go ahead and do so.
    However you can take a look over there at the link I provided and maybe it will work.
    I do agree though with the comments posted above.
    12-30-08 05:31 PM
    Also FYI be sure to use the Curve/Pearl version of SPM since the Bold version will give you the installation error.
    Also need to make sure that when you are using the Curve/Pearl version make sure the Application is running in Compatibility Mode Enabled. If you disable it like I did you will get an installation error when you try to run it (which I got, once I enabled it again it worked fine).

Thanks
    12-30-08 05:59 PM
    A CB member wrote the thread on the Sling Forums. Seems you need to be on .83 or greater, use the pearl/curve version, AND it does not support Slingbox HD. Working great on my Storm. Thanks BigDawg!
    12-30-08 07:13 PM
    Works on .85 with the curve/pearl verison......Small screen but better than nothing for now...
    12-30-08 07:16 PM
    The streaming is excellent with descent coverage and the audio needs to be on low or else way too loud!
    12-30-08 07:18 PM
    I need 10 posts to put up the video of mine...
    12-30-08 07:18 PM
    Dont call Sling either, they dont want to support or hear about the Storm, got some nasty tech guy about it
    12-30-08 07:19 PM
    Here's the video link:
    12-30-08 07:20 PM
    12-30-08 07:21 PM
    Just loaded this on my Storm. I have the Verizon's latest OS. The player starts to stream for a few seconds and then freezes. I have to reset the phone by taking the battery out...bummer....
    12-30-08 08:11 PM
    How long can people get it to stream for at a time?
    I finally got mine working and I get it working but I do not know if it software or network because it stops and then seems like it needs to buffer or something every 10-15 seconds.
    Just curious what people are experiencing and if they are able to watch for a prolonged period of time.

Thanks
    12-30-08 08:33 PM
    can't watch your video it's private
    12-30-08 09:40 PM
    Try now....
    12-31-08 01:47 PM
    At least sooner than later I'll be able to watch TV on my phone.
    12-31-08 02:42 PM
    I'm bumping this since I'm posting info about this thread on Kevin's front page blog about Slingplayer. It CAN be used on the Storm and possibly other CMDA BBs
    01-14-09 07:52 AM
    do you have to have a slingbox to watch video from? probably a dumb question
    01-19-09 06:17 PM
    I've had it go for the longest about 5 minutes...then after that, it would re-buffer every 30 seconds or so... Tried to watch the cardinals game the other day, but seemed like it would load on every play...pretty annoying. Can't wait until they make a Storm specific version!
    01-19-09 06:46 PM
    I am running .85 and downloaded SPM via the link I found on CB.com. I too am experiencing serious freezing issues. I know its been talked about, but I wonder why some are able to stream fine while others can't. Are there settings we need to adjust? Anyone try it with .90?
    01-23-09 05:08 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD