Hey everyone! I know most everyone has been using Slacker already, but the official Storm version of Slacker is out. Just went to slacker.com on my Storm and instead of saying coming soon for Storm, it provided a link to download it for it. Just thought I'd let ya'll know
    02-03-09 07:26 PM
    SWWEET. can you tell us the version? is it .11?
    02-03-09 07:26 PM
    It's .20. Works great too!
    02-03-09 07:27 PM
    maybe you can help me, I've never really used satellite radio before, let alone for a pda, and I used slacker today while I was at the gym. It was great but at the end of each song it'd cut out like I had skipped to the next song...is that supposed to happen? Or is there something wrong?
    02-03-09 07:29 PM
    I had the same problem when I was using Slacker when it was the non-official Storm version, but if you upgrade to this new one it wont. The only other problem I've had so far with it tho is that if you put in the headphones after you start playing the music, it will skip to the next song for some reason, no idea why or how to fix it tho.
    02-03-09 07:34 PM
    Loving this! Been looking for this for the last month
    02-03-09 07:35 PM
    the skip issue is fixed??? SWEET! what about the issue that when ads play, they kill playback?
    02-03-09 07:36 PM
    downloading now.... ohhh I'm getting a chubby!!!

I really hope this is the end of my XM Radio FOREVER!!!
    02-03-09 07:41 PM
    Sweet, best music app ever
    Wow, you're right! That is great news...downloading now!
    Just had a quick two second Slacker ad play and only problem I had is that it seemed to take just a tad longer for the next song to play, but nothing big. The buttons to control the playback (pause, skip, fav, and ban) are a lot bigger and easier to use now too!
    02-03-09 07:43 PM
    Awesome going now.....to check it out....sweeeet.

Thanks for the link and update.
    02-03-09 07:54 PM
    YAY!!! I've sooo been waiting on this. I haven't been using it much lately b/c I didn't like the other version.
    02-03-09 07:59 PM
    Ugh! An e-mail came in and made the DING which caused the song to stop. I had to press play to start the song again and it started from the beginning...

On a positive note no more lost last 10 seconds in each song!
    02-03-09 07:59 PM
    Thanks to the OP for the heads up.
    02-03-09 08:00 PM
    Hey everyone! I know most everyone has been using Slacker already, but the official Storm version of Slacker is out. Just went to slacker.com on my Storm and instead of saying coming soon for Storm, it provided a link to download it for it. Just thought I'd let ya'll know
    I'm still getting the coming soon message when I browse to slacker.com from the BB browser. What's the URL for the d/l?

NEVERMIND!!! I cleared my cache and the reloaded the page and it worked. Thanks for the heads up OP.
    Last edited by ktklein; 02-03-09 at 08:05 PM. Reason: new info
    02-03-09 08:03 PM
    YAY!!! I've sooo been waiting on this. I haven't been using it much lately b/c I didn't like the other version.
    Same here, that's why I'd check Slacker's site from my phone a couple times a day waiting for the new version
    02-03-09 08:04 PM
    I had the same problem when I was using Slacker when it was the non-official Storm version, but if you upgrade to this new one it wont. The only other problem I've had so far with it tho is that if you put in the headphones after you start playing the music, it will skip to the next song for some reason, no idea why or how to fix it tho.
    thank u so much! VERY helpful. This is pretty much the koolest app i've d/led so far. :-)

EDIT: Thank you OP! Don't wanna forget about u!!!
    02-03-09 08:05 PM
    ok I tried to get this and it keeps saying submit your email
    02-03-09 08:07 PM
    ok I tried to get this and it keeps saying submit your email
    You have to set up a free account for it. That may be why your getting that message.
    02-03-09 08:09 PM
    Ugh! An e-mail came in and made the DING which caused the song to stop. I had to press play to start the song again and it started from the beginning...

On a positive note no more lost last 10 seconds in each song!
    Does this happen to others? I noticed that orb does this. Is there a way to stop it from interrupting the song? I guess I'll try to put the profile on silent or phone only and see if that helps
    02-03-09 08:10 PM
    Works great! I agree with other post - approx 5 to 10 sec silence between songs.

But it can be interupted (phone call) and automatically go back to music (albeit a new song).

Same thing with putting a headphone jack in - it skips to the next song.

Oh well, it's still cool!!
    I'm still getting the coming soon message when I browse to slacker.com from the BB browser. What's the URL for the d/l?

NEVERMIND!!! I cleared my cache and the reloaded the page and it worked. Thanks for the heads up OP.
    wow I should read more lol thanks I got it now lol
    Oh boy I'm so happy!

I've been emailing them so much! Finally SUCCESS!!!!!!!

Downloading now!
    02-03-09 08:14 PM
    Just in case anyone runs into this issue: I d/led the new version and rebooted and after that, it was acting rather funny and wouldn't respond correctly and I couldn't sign in! BUT all I did was reset my account and all was gravy...listening to it right now....testing the last 10 second thing and if all goes well (which u all said it will) It'll be a golden app :-)
    02-03-09 08:19 PM
317 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD