Has anyone else noticed this?
    If you set someone up in your quicklaunch with an SMS shortcut and send them a txt, it shows up under the SMS section of a today theme. It's picking up the sent txt, but only for those people that are setup in quicklaunch.
    Anyone else see this? I've tried several of the new themes with a today style and they all do it. I delete the SMS shortcut out of Quicklaunch and it goes away.
    02-21-09 12:31 AM
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    If you set someone up in your quicklaunch with an SMS shortcut and send them a txt, it shows up under the SMS section of a today theme. It's picking up the sent txt, but only for those people that are setup in quicklaunch.
    Anyone else see this? I've tried several of the new themes with a today style and they all do it. I delete the SMS shortcut out of Quicklaunch and it goes away.

interesting... cool.
    02-21-09 12:54 AM
    Haha I just noticed this a couple days ago.. It confused me for a second when the messages showed up!! So what causes this??
    02-21-09 01:35 AM
    Same here. I noticed it as well. I had to delete the sent item in order to get rid of it from showing, but it was exactly as described.

It only shows on the Today screen when sending a text using the QL SMS shortcut on my QL bar. If I send one to the same person through SMS and not QL, it doesn't show.
    02-21-09 07:23 AM
    interesting... cool.
    It's interesting, but not necessarily cool. You have to delete the sent item for it to disappear. When reading a received SMS, the item disappears from the Today screen. The sent text does not. You have to delete it from the folder. Don't know if it's a Plazmic thing or QL thing with Plazmic.
    02-21-09 07:25 AM
    bumpity bumpity boo
    02-22-09 02:45 PM
    Is there a fix in the works Cheetah? Like mentioned.. It is interesting but sometimes it freaked me out before when i sent my GF a text then a min later I lok down and get the same text back

mainly because we both are in college and i texted her "im oout" (of class) and was waiting for her.. Seeing that message on the screen prompted me to call her before I realized what had actually happened..
    02-22-09 02:53 PM
    New information!

I just wrote an sms via FaceCall. Same thing happened.

It must be a plazmic thing.
    02-22-09 09:51 PM
    hmmmm just noticed this too. i think i just received a link for the fix.
    02-22-09 10:06 PM
    ohh really...
    02-22-09 10:07 PM
    Hi. This is not QuickLaunch doing this. Once you execute an action from QL, QL closes and has nothing to do with anything anymore.haha.

I've heard this happens in other apps to with SMS so I'm not really sure what's going on. In my opinion it's a RIM bug. sorry.
    02-22-09 11:04 PM
    Cheetah,
    Is anything in the works for your next upgrade? GREAT work so far!!!
    02-23-09 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD