Introducing LaunchPad, the fun homescreen web launcher creator for your BlackBerry!

Ever wanted to put a link to your favorite website straight on your homescreen? LaunchPad will let you do just that! LaunchPad is a utility to allow you to make your own homescreen web launcher icons by simply giving it a URL, a title, and optionally and icon. LaunchPad allows you to pick your own image as an icon, or it will even try to fetch the icon from the website if it provides a large size icon (not all sites do this, but many of the larger ones such as CNN do)

Creating an icon is simple. Click on the LaunchPad icon and you are presented with a simple form. Enter all the values, and then click the button. That's it! Now you have your very own web launcher icon on your homescreen. Clicking it will launch the browser and take you straight to the page you chose. The perfect, eye-pleasing solution for all those frequently visited websites.

Purchase before the August 15, 2009 and get it for 50% off (only $0.99!)

To purchase or get more information and screenshots, please visit:

The CrackBerry store from your desktop at: (CrackBerry Store Link) NOTE: You can't use a coupon in this store

OR

The mobile CrackBerry store from your BlackBerry Storm at: (Mobile CrackBerry Store Link)

-------

The first 15 people can get it FREE by using the following coupon code: launchpadstorm

-------

FAQ:

I changed my theme or uninstalled an application, and now my web launchers all have a title of "Web Launcher". Why?
    The BlackBerry can sometimes forget the name that was set for an application, if the name is set the way LaunchPad sets it, when the homescreen is updated. This will resolve itself on its own if you restart the device, or you can open LaunchPad and click on 'Refresh Launchers' in the menu.
    08-09-09 08:23 AM
    thanks tafasa got a freebie
    08-09-09 08:33 AM
    Got mine too. Good birthday present for me! Thank you! Nice app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 08:34 AM
    Hey, thanks. Appreciate the effort.
    08-09-09 08:36 AM
    thanks got it
    08-09-09 08:45 AM
    Great app thanks. Tested one and launcher created flawless but browser does not auto launch. When I click created icon I have to then click browser icon and it opens to page launcher is saved to.

08-09-09 08:45 AM
    Great app thanks. Tested one and launcher created flawless but browser does not auto launch. When I click created icon I have to then click browser icon and it opens to page launcher is saved to.

What OS are you using?
    08-09-09 08:47 AM
    .148 official. Do you think it might be one of the permissions? I installed default and have not changed any

08-09-09 08:54 AM
    On .151 even with all the permissions set to allow it doesn't auto launch either...definitely a app I have been wanting!
    08-09-09 09:11 AM
    On .151 even with all the permissions set to allow it doesn't auto launch either...definitely a app I have been wanting!
    Can you guys please go to Options > Advanced > Applications and check the permission on all applications called WebLauncherX (where X is a number). Make sure they are all set to allow. Can you also please try restarting your device. I'm investigating the issue now, but wasn't able to reproduce it.
    08-09-09 09:21 AM
    I did set everything to allow but I'll battery pull since install and check

08-09-09 09:32 AM
    Didn't change anything

08-09-09 09:37 AM
    Just making sure I understand the issue you are facing correctly. When you click the launcher, it loads the link in the browser, but just doesn't foreground the browser?
    08-09-09 09:41 AM
    all free ones gone!
    08-09-09 09:42 AM
    can you make shortcuts to phone numbers? that would be really cool to have a shortcut to a phone number...?
    08-09-09 09:45 AM
    Yea after battery pull it didn't fix it...and yes it loads the site on the browser but it won't auto start the browser...I have to actually click on the browser icon. Also it appears to not keep the log in information for the site..
    08-09-09 09:47 AM
    Yea after battery pull it didn't fix it...and yes it loads the site on the browser but it won't auto start the browser...I have to actually click on the browser icon. Also it appears to not keep the log in information for the site..
    Same here but auto login seems to be working

08-09-09 09:58 AM
    Anyway to be able to get them to launch in Opera Mini or Bolt?
    08-09-09 10:04 AM
    using OS 5 i get 'uncaught exception' error when saving and then trying to launch the launcher i made....
    08-09-09 10:13 AM
    For all those having an issue where the browser will not foreground, can you please uninstall LaunchPad, and delete all the shortcuts you have made. Restart your device, and then revisit the download link. Refresh the page and install the application. We uploaded a new version which has a possible fix. It is the same version number.

Regarding OS 5.0: It is hard to support an OS that isn't released yet. If you run into an error, please check your logs and email us any information you find that can help us track the issue. We will try to fix it if possible, but the application does not officially support OS 5.0 (at least until we have an official release of the OS)
    08-09-09 10:28 AM
    For all those having an issue where the browser will not foreground, can you please uninstall LaunchPad, and delete all the shortcuts you have made. Restart your device, and then revisit the download link. Refresh the page and install the application. We uploaded a new version which has a possible fix. It is the same version number.

Regarding OS 5.0: It is hard to support an OS that isn't released yet. If you run into an error, please check your logs and email us any information you find that can help us track the issue. We will try to fix it if possible, but the application does not officially support OS 5.0 (at least until we have an official release of the OS)
    I completely understand that and i dont mind at all here is the event log for ya

Name: NullPointerException
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
    Time: Aug 09, 2009 11:42:39
    No detail message
    WebLauncher1(4A7EE6F8)
    WebLauncherApplication
    <init>
    0x19D
    WebLauncher1(4A7EE6F8)
    WebLauncherApplication
    main
    0xB0

08-09-09 10:45 AM

That fixed it.

08-09-09 11:12 AM
    I completely understand that and i dont mind at all here is the event log for ya

Name: NullPointerException
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
    Time: Aug 09, 2009 11:42:39
    No detail message
    WebLauncher1(4A7EE6F8)
    WebLauncherApplication
    <init>
    0x19D
    WebLauncher1(4A7EE6F8)
    WebLauncherApplication
    main
    0xB0

That's strange. Can you please try uninstalling all shortcuts, and the application itself, do a battery pull and install everything again. Some have reported it working for them on 5.0, so maybe it was just an install issue.
    08-09-09 11:14 AM
    That fixed it.

Great to hear! Hope you guys enjoy the application
    08-09-09 11:16 AM
    Ok now it works if i restart after creating a launcher. Good deal!
    08-09-09 11:43 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD