It would be cool if it listened to your note, then showed you..like a strobe tuner. If theirs a way to incorporate the microphone. Nice app though. Thanks.
    02-14-09 08:51 PM
    very cool app
    02-14-09 09:04 PM
    dmglakewood,

Another awesome app. Echoing the other users, I have a couple of suggestions (because I know you don't have enough to do already):

-- Alternate tunings would be great [standard E, standard E-flat, standard D, open E, open A, drop D, drop C, drop B - anyone who wants drop A should be playing a Bass ;0) ].

-- Graphic feedback of volume level and tone length.

-- Integrating chord maps would be AMAZING.

Also, can you post the current version number of your apps on your website? (Blackberry Storm Ringtones | StormGrounds.com) I don't want to miss an update!
    02-17-09 05:56 PM
    Any word on an update for this app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 11:40 PM
    Thanks, cool app. Sometimes ya just need a tuner and don't have one with you. Now, if someone could make a useful guitar pic app. It seems that whenever I don't have a pic in my pocket, I have the opportunity to play a guitar!
    02-20-09 02:58 AM
    nice job on this
    02-20-09 07:07 AM
    any update coming??
    02-23-09 11:41 PM
    its a great app and works very well.....

i used my earphones that came with the storm when tuning...it really seemed to help me match the tone perfectly.....different keys would be awesome....i usually play a step down from the standard

thanks!
    02-24-09 07:12 AM
    Is your site down? I can't get it to download via the OTA Link or by visiting your site.
    Keep getting a Error 503. Service Unavailable.

But I'm able to go everywhere else I try to go on the net.

Even tried to download it and install with DM or by emailing it to myself.

Any help would be great.
    03-06-09 07:58 AM
    Is your site down? I can't get it to download via the OTA Link or by visiting your site.
    Keep getting a Error 503. Service Unavailable.

But I'm able to go everywhere else I try to go on the net.

Even tried to download it and install with DM or by emailing it to myself.

Any help would be great.
    Yeah my server is down right now. I'm trying to get it back online asap.
    03-06-09 08:25 AM
    I just read that in another post, sorry for the double questions.

but hey on the bright side, at least I'm not losing my mind
    03-06-09 08:41 AM
    Any way you can make the tuner so it can tune to different tunings than standard, like Drop D or Drop C, etc?
    03-06-09 08:43 AM
    I will create a mailing list on my site if you want. When ever I release an app it can send you an email
    I'm game. Want my email address now or later? :-)

And if you did make a version/addition to the guitar tuner with the chords, Mr. Visa would be paying you a visit. (bribe bribe bribe)

Keep up the excellent work. After trying my hand at the JDK/Eclipse dev environment, I bow to your greatness... I tried making a tic-tac-toe app using only buttons, and failed miserably. I'm sticking to my C#!
    03-06-09 09:43 AM
    Any more development on this? Would it be possible to have it use the mic, then a user could pluck a string and a meter / vu would appear to show how close it is to being in tune?
    04-03-09 12:10 AM
    It would be cool if it listened to your note, then showed you..like a strobe tuner. If theirs a way to incorporate the microphone. Nice app though. Thanks.
    Any more development on this? Would it be possible to have it use the mic, then a user could pluck a string and a meter / vu would appear to show how close it is to being in tune?
    I've been waiting silently for an update because I don't wanna come off like an ingrate. You do great work and this app is both attractive and polished. It could be alot more than a glorified pitch pipe, though. A fully-featured tuner incorporates a microphone to depict the proximity of a plucked note to a chosen pitch. Because the touchscreen is a virtual interface, the display mode can be made user-selectable: commercially available (stand-alone) tuners typically use stroboscopic-, VU (needle)-, or LED (wing) indicators. If the amount of coding involved limits your choices, a strobe tuner is the choice of dedicated guitarists.

By the way, prior responses notwithstanding, no real guitarist looks for chording tabs or progression charts in a tuner. Reference tones and transposition by frequency (Hz) are important features, and a metronome is always a nice extra. The most important thing is for the display to be accurate and responsive. Because stringed instruments are tuned on a continuum--not in steps--a guitar tuner is useless if it doesn't return results in real time.

One effective software solution is TB Strobe Tuner (for Windows). They have a trial version if you would like to take a look. I purchased the full version once upon a time, but believe me you look like a total dork with a laptop as part of your guitar setup (not to mention your stage rig). The program is nowhere near as graphically polished as your work is, and I'm not remotely suggesting that you port a rip-off of a Windows product to the Storm. I just offer it as an example of some of the features this guitarist is looking for in a tuner.

I've used inline units but any true bypass box costs over $80. Who wouldn't rather PayPal $20 to a guy like you? Thanks for your meticulous labors and thanks for indulging such a long post.

P.S.: I have never bought a set of strings in which the B and high E strings were wound as depicted in Version 1.2.5, and a wound G string is rare on an electric guitar.
    06-28-09 02:26 AM
    I think if you are able to incorporate everything everyone is listing you'll have a nice little app that cost about 10 bucks in the iPhone Appstore. They have some pictures on the guitartoolkit website. I've manage to borrow a few as to show what people are asking for.

I don't think those are shots from the latest release that has this scrolling pad for ease of use.

I asked if they would be able to port their app to the storm but they don't have plans right now.
    08-04-09 02:02 PM
    Just a nice addition would be the option to tune down a half step. That would be amazing because I just have a standard tuner without all the bells and whistles and I'm not good enough yet to tune down by ear. But my friend's chromatic tuner works great. But incorporating this into an app would be amazing. And I'd love to beta test it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 04:14 PM
    Hello I love the look of this app. It's simple and exactly what I would need if I am out with my guitar and no tuner. Is there any way you can make an application like this for the tour where I could use my track ball to click on the string for sound?
    10-13-09 10:10 AM
    This is a very nice idea, but I am looking for a CHROMATIC TUNER app for my Blackberry Storm 2 (like the iPhone app store has). Chromatic tuners will tune all 12 notes of ANY instrument, not just the 6 strings on a guitar. Chromatic tuners can assist guitar players in checking fret intonation of any notes up the neck. I hope some whiz kid developer will come up with a chromatic tuner real soon. Other then being handy, this is app really very limited. I would be the first in line to BUY a chromatic tuner for my Storm 2.
    05-11-10 05:35 PM
    I'd really like one that would use the mic. There's one I found somewhere for BBs, but it hadn't been updated for some time, didn't work on the storm, and the developer said that the audio input tuning mode was impossible on CDMA phones. I don't know enough about the process to say if that's true or not, but I'd pay for a tuner app that used the mic to hear the instrument and render an visual indication of the pitch relative to standard pitch
    05-12-10 11:22 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD