As a new BB storm owner, and a mac user, I want to know which application to use to get my Storm and Mac (OS 10.5.6) to work together. I want to get applications and upgrades to work so that I can download on to my desktop, and sync to my storm. Does anybody know which is the best to use?
    01-23-09 10:53 PM
    i have used both... I prefer the pocketsync because of all the options of pocketsync.... missing sync is just vanilla and it costs a buttload.
    01-23-09 10:59 PM
    I think i'd go with pocketmac too, but you're going to have a headache with both. I use pocketmac for everything but music and use salling media sync for music because it actually adds the playlists.
    01-24-09 06:49 AM
    I spent a couple hours on the phone as well as about 30 emails with Blackberry support over a couple weeks of trying things, and never succeeded in getting PocketMac to work. Didn't like having to pay for it when I thought I'd get one for free, but Missing Sync worked flawlessly the first try, so my vote on that is pretty clear.
    01-24-09 02:36 PM
    Anyone paying for missingsync you really have to realize it's not worth it. First of all pocketsync is made by RIM for FREE for mac users. The Storm is relatively new but already has an upgrade available and works flawlessly with macs. You simply have to alter a few settings on the Storm first and then they work great. I get any media, contacts, calendar, etc... all to transfer over! The cons is that I still haven't gotten my iTunes music videos to play (prob need to download quicktime) and the actual sync process is lengthy compared to the iPhone sync with mac. But it's definately the way to go. If you're having trouble with pocketmac I have some videos on youtube...search my name Brunos82Tube
    01-25-09 09:40 PM
    Don't know if this is true but the salesperson who sold me my new Storm told me that the Blackberry does not play mp3 files but some sort of wma music file. Don't have the time to look it up right now but maybe this helps.

Also, the tutorial at Blackberry is excellent if you are, as I am, a complete Blackberry newbee.

Best,

David
    01-25-09 10:08 PM
    Pocketsync has always worked fine for me EXCEPT for movies and videos, they never work when I sync them through iTunes. They play, but the picture is always just a bunch of lines with sound. So I just manually move the videos to the video folder on my Micro SD card and they play just fine. I thought it was my encoding at first, it wasn't. It was the iTunes sync process.

And all the audio files I have on my Storm are MP3's. They work, not sure why someone would tell you differently.
    01-25-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD