I'm not clear on this, but aren't there some apps running all the time, no matter if you close them down. Like phone, messages, messenger, home??
    I am having some battery life issues after upgrade from .75 to .148, I have tried shutting down every app. and still worse than .75
    Help!!
    Thanks.
    06-03-09 01:21 PM
    You can't close those apps. They're always working in the background.

Unfortunately, battery life has been an issue for many users, on both leaked and official operating systems. There's nothing really that you as a user can do to alleviate the problem, other than downgrade back to .75 (or try a different, leaked OS).
    06-03-09 01:27 PM
    That's what I thought. Thanks for the help!
    06-03-09 01:37 PM
    Battery Use Tips for your Maximum Battery Life | BlackBerryNews.com

How to save battery on your blackberry storm! | The BlackBerry Storm

As posted by GHAYES1177:

"I had the same battery issue when i first started with .132. I was getting about 6-8 hours with moderate use. Here's what I did and it has SIGNIFICANTLY improved my battery life!

1. Disable GPS Locating: options > advanced options > GPS. Set GPS Services to E911 Only. Set Location Aiding to Disabled

2. Remove Weatherbug completely. It's just an OK weather app anyway IMO. Instead, set up a bookmark in your browser to your favorite weather site. ( I use Yahoo)

3. Backlight Brightness to 10. Backlight timeout to 20 Secs. believe me, 10 brightness is all you need.

4. Make sure you only have 16 Icons on you home screen.

5. Set Mobile Network to 1XEV: Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Network Technology - set to 1XEV instead of Global. (unless of course you are out of the US)

These steps worked for me. I now get two days worth even with moderate to heavy use! "

Do a little research. There are tips throughout the forums on how to improve battery life. (regardless of the OS you're using)

I've been reading that a poor signal or bad area of reception can also drain the battery a lot more quickly.
    06-03-09 03:35 PM
    I am quite astonished by your post.

The .148 has more than doubled my battery life and I see no reason to why yours is worse than the .75.

Hold the BB key down and see what apps are running.

The ones always running will be the Messengers you are logged into, your Messages, Phone, Browser, Home.

.75 the Application center always ran but now it doesn't

If you have any other apps running, simply click on them and hit the BB key then "Close."
    06-03-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD