Do you know of any good running/cycling which utilize GPS?
    12-26-08 06:48 PM
    Gpsed.com. A gps tracking program that doesn't have a storm version yet but its coming. In the meantime you can dl the bold version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 07:50 PM
    Gpsed.com. A gps tracking program that doesn't have a storm version yet but its coming. In the meantime you can dl the bold version.

Thank you. I just installed it. I will test it on my morning run.

12-26-08 11:00 PM

I second gpsed I've used it on a bike ride.

12-26-08 11:25 PM
    Thanks guys I thought it was early to ask this question for the storm ...
    Do you use this app with the phone away in a bag for example or do you have some sort of cradle? If yes can you please post a link?
    EDIT: Never mind I went to the website and got the application and had a quick go at it
    Last edited by kar200; 12-27-08 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Answered myself
    12-27-08 12:43 AM
    Tested it this morning.

It was showing speed which appeared to be accurate. Does not seem to refresh the speed as often as my Garmin 101.

The only problem I had was that it would start the timer but not the distance. Not sure if I was doing something wrong, but the distance was stuck on 0.0

This program has a lot of potential, and I can't wait for them to release the storm version.
    12-27-08 10:09 AM
    12-27-08 11:00 AM
    This does not help at all. I can track time, I need to track both distance and time.

Besides, the stop watch we already have on the storm looks way-better then the link you posted and it is free.
    12-27-08 01:53 PM
    Tested it this morning.

It was showing speed which appeared to be accurate. Does not seem to refresh the speed as often as my Garmin 101.

The only problem I had was that it would start the timer but not the distance. Not sure if I was doing something wrong, but the distance was stuck on 0.0

This program has a lot of potential, and I can't wait for them to release the storm version.

Did you start a new track? If you just start the program it won't start tracking distance or speed until you choose to start New Track. Also, I found that starting the program in landscape gives you a better layout, as opposed to portrait.
    12-29-08 12:23 AM
    I was sure I did. I will try it again. Is it working for you?

12-29-08 12:03 PM
    Having trouble installing the APP. Any help would be nice. =\
    12-30-08 01:35 AM
    keep an eye on instamapper. They are making a storm version and said it should be coming out before the new year.

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking and here is the bb storm forum there Forums / BlackBerry Storm for Verizon
    12-30-08 06:45 AM
    of note the GPSed App seems to cause an issue when you try to same and edit with contact info. Myself and a few others have had this issue.
    FYI
    12-30-08 07:23 AM
    Has anybody tried to upload GPSed information to sites like Mapmyrun or Mapmyride.com?
    12-30-08 08:35 AM
    I was sure I did. I will try it again. Is it working for you?

Yes, I DL the version for the BB Bold.

Here are some settings I have:

GPS Filtering: Low
    Save on : SD Card
    NO for all things about LIVE track

Whoops, just locked up the app somehow looking at all the settings. Interface is still pretty tough to navigate.

i should also note that the elevation says I'm about 800 feet below sea level, which is off by about 1500 feet.
    12-30-08 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD