Even the text ones like :-) would be nice
    What? How is this not possible? Colon. Dash. Parenthasis. Done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 01:45 AM

She said COLON

01-03-09 03:26 PM

It'd still be quicker if they were already in there
    01-03-09 04:03 PM
    It'd still be quicker if they were already in there
    So you really want a whole new symbol menu for smilies through SMS text, much like the menu in Blackberry Messenger? How long does it honestly take to type out : ) ???????
    01-03-09 04:12 PM
    For the flashlight thing, I just set "video light" to on in my video camera preferences. Now all I have to do is turn on my camera and viola! Instant flashlight.

01-03-09 04:22 PM
    For the flashlight thing, I just set "video light" to on in my video camera preferences. Now all I have to do is turn on my camera and viola! Instant flashlight.

ditto. 3 pushes... instant flashlight for unlocking house when i get home late. Side Key --->trackball ---> video cam---> and i have my light on.

Who needs to waste extra memory on an app or to add it to the OS. It would still take 2 clicks to do it if it were installed either way.
    01-03-09 04:34 PM
    Good call on the video light thing! I set my left convenience key to video and it's good to go.

Thanks!
    01-03-09 04:42 PM
    Good call on the video light thing! I set my left convenience key to video and it's good to go.

Thanks!
    No problem. Definitely better as a flashlight than the iPhone app that just turns your screen white.

01-03-09 04:58 PM

Thanks!
    Your Welcome...
    Seems like most of your "gripes"/suggestions have been solved easily as well.

1) (not answered yet) I prefer it the way it is. I have several contacts with work/home mobile numbers, so i like to choose which number.

2) not to be an A$$, but maybe slowing down a bit would help with this. A bit of practice as well.

3) Not sure about the storm, but my curve has a "compose SMS" icon. BB Messenger is Awesome, make some BB friends and have a blast. Does the storm not have the ability to move or hide the icons?? This would help with the activity log taking up space.

4) Fixed flashlight question

5) Already exists: 3rd party app, or calendar alarms.

Almost anything you want on BB can be accomplished in one way or another. These guys in here are the gurus you can lean on to point you in the right direction. Perhaps you wouldn't get as much grief if you posted this as a question and didn't appear to be bashing the object of our obsessions... LOL
    01-03-09 04:58 PM
    Your Welcome...
    Seems like most of your "gripes"/suggestions have been solved easily as well.

1) (not answered yet) I prefer it the way it is. I have several contacts with work/home mobile numbers, so i like to choose which number.

2) not to be an A$$, but maybe slowing down a bit would help with this. A bit of practice as well.

3) Not sure about the storm, but my curve has a "compose SMS" icon. BB Messenger is Awesome, make some BB friends and have a blast. Does the storm not have the ability to move or hide the icons?? This would help with the activity log taking up space.

4) Fixed flashlight question

5) Already exists: 3rd party app, or calendar alarms.

Almost anything you want on BB can be accomplished in one way or another. These guys in here are the gurus you can lean on to point you in the right direction. Perhaps you wouldn't get as much grief if you posted this as a question and didn't appear to be bashing the object of our obsessions... LOL
    finally! I knew there were really really helpful and kind civilized people here. Other people graciously helped, but I really appreciate what you did. This place has trolls and bashers almost of 4chan proportions.

@1 Your response doesn't quite make sense. I'm talking about composing messages--why would I text a landline?

@2 pretty much solved with the double bb buton, but you're kinnnda right about aiming. I'd just love to see a really smooth way to edit the context menus.

@3 I'm playing around with my convenience buttons to figure out what setup works best for me. I typically text 4-5 people throughout the day so once a conversation's started with them it's just a matter of replying. Weekends are different when I'm figuring out what's going on. Nobody I talk to has a BB other than my sister or dad

@4+5 yep fixed

And look everyone, I'm not bashing the storm! The thing DOES NOT leave my hands and its going to kill me to be in school and not using it (i'm on winter break for one more day).

It's certainly >9/10 for me but it's not a 10. Nothing ever really is, but the only way things get better is if we talk about stuff we want and let the companies know.

There's no doubting RIM has people on forums like these talking reading stuff. This is my first BB and I love the experience all the way. If we keep being okay with "well the feature is kinda there and the phone's sorta slow etc but I still wont go to an iphone then improvements won't be as good. We need to show them that we demand perfection!
    01-04-09 02:54 AM
    is that all??
    05-19-09 02:11 AM
    How about a landscape dial pad for the phone. Why would they make their dock landscape and not include this. As and aside it must be a feature that has been turned off as I have had the occasional glitch where its there and it works but hard to get it to repeat.
    05-19-09 02:48 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD