Okay, I have both phones and I have come to a decision which may shock you. I think the Tour is a very fine phone for tons of reasons. For me, at the end of the day, I missed my huge screen on the Storm. I enjoyed taking pictures and videos on my Storm much more then the Tour. It was a tough decision but the media part of the Storm was just to good to let go of. I will be content for awhile.

Yes, I have 151 on the Storm.
    07-20-09 06:13 PM
    You're going to get flamed.

*hands you flame suit*
    07-20-09 06:28 PM
    Okay, I have both phones and I have come to a decision which may shock you. I think the Tour is a very fine phone for tons of reasons. For me, at the end of the day, I missed my huge screen on the Storm. I enjoyed taking pictures and videos on my Storm much more then the Tour. It was a tough decision but the media part of the Storm was just to good to let go of. I will be content for awhile.

Yes, I have 151 on the Storm.
    Ultimately it is your decision. The Tour is an awesome phone and so is the Storm. The Storm just has a few more hiccups to deal with than the Tour.

I switched my Storm for the Tour and personally I couldn't be happier with the decision. I really don't even miss the screen. Granted, I don't really use my berry for media I have other devices for that so this wasn't a deal breaker for me.

But if you use your phone for media, the Storm is probably the better choice for you. And in time hopefully most of the issues will be ironed out.

BTW .151 was an awesome upgrade for the Storm. It almost kept me from switching. But in the end the Tour won for me.
    07-20-09 06:35 PM
    *hands you BB shotgun app*
    I think this is a bit better
    07-20-09 06:35 PM
    the tour is all in all a much better blackberry then the storm. The Tour has got a lot less issues with it then the storm currently has now and its only just over a week old. I am extreamly happy i upgraded to the Tour from the storm!
    07-21-09 03:38 PM
    the tour is all in all a much better blackberry then the storm. The Tour has got a lot less issues with it then the storm currently has now and its only just over a week old. I am extreamly happy i upgraded to the Tour from the storm!
    That must be why over half of threads in the tour forums are complaints. Less issues.
    07-21-09 03:49 PM
    Anyone wanna sell a tour
    07-21-09 04:03 PM
    I traded my curve to the storm because I couldn't get use to the portrait keyboard. I have large hands and my big thumbs don't work with a portrait keyboard.
    When a smart phone (hopefully a Blackberry) comes around that is like the HTC touch pro 2 or the LG Voyager/Touch, I will be the first in line.
    07-21-09 04:14 PM
    That must be why over half of threads in the tour forums are complaints. Less issues.
    X2

No one will EVER be happy with a device, just reallity. I got the Tour for my wife to try out for a month to see if a BB will grow on her and so far it looks like it's not for her. I was thinking about trying it myself but to be honest, I love my Storm. Would like to have the specs of the Tour but that's about it. The keyboard would be too small and the Surepress of the Storm to me is SWEET! It's only gonna get even better!
    07-21-09 04:39 PM
    I traded my curve to the storm because I couldn't get use to the portrait keyboard. I have large hands and my big thumbs don't work with a portrait keyboard.
    When a smart phone (hopefully a Blackberry) comes around that is like the HTC touch pro 2 or the LG Voyager/Touch, I will be the first in line.
    I am with you, I too have big thumbs and the Tour will not work for me either. I do like my daughter's Touch though!
    07-21-09 04:41 PM
    Anyone wanna sell a tour
    I will have one on eBay soon. Wife not too interested in keeping it and I'm staying with the Storm.
    07-21-09 04:42 PM
    Amen. go storm
    07-21-09 04:42 PM
    I also got the Tour. I used it for one and a half days. I've had the Storm since day one, and have gone through all the updates, currently using 151. I ran out to get the tour because I thought it would be easier to type on again.(I went from a curve to the Storm) No luck! I couldn't stand the tiny keys and screen. Plus my Storm is so perfect with just the right apps... The only thing that I loved looking at on the Tour was the memory! Constantly running at 100mb! Though with 151, I haven't had any memory issues, even with tons of apps and themes. I will be getting the Storm 2 though. Just cuz.
    07-21-09 06:00 PM
    Btw, I returned the Tour.
    07-21-09 06:01 PM
    I really enjoy my storm also. I haven't had any real issues with it and I love the big screen. I did play around with the tour and even though its a great phone I'm content with my storm.... at least for now!
    07-21-09 06:22 PM
    can you name some of those flaws plz? cause i cant really find any of them right now with 151 on my phone. The only thing i can think of is slacker and pandora seem to have their moments but other than that i cant come up with much more.

My buddy has the tour and i admit for a standard physical keyboard bb it is cream of the crop. I still however prefer my storm for sure.
    07-21-09 06:22 PM
    Its just a preference thing.

If u dig a physical kb, tour is sweet.

Personally I'd rather have a kb that can be just about any shape
    And can disappear at will to reveal a nice big screen. Once you
    Have the figured out, it can be quite handy. Especially if you
    Are fond of touch screens but have a lot of friends on BBM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 06:34 PM
    can you name some of those flaws plz? cause i cant really find any of them right now with 151 on my phone. The only thing i can think of is slacker and pandora seem to have their moments but other than that i cant come up with much more.

My buddy has the tour and i admit for a standard physical keyboard bb it is cream of the crop. I still however prefer my storm for sure.
    He's a troll, he pops up spouting nonsense and runs away when proven wrong. That's just the way they operate.
    07-21-09 07:19 PM
    I will have one on eBay soon. Wife not too interested in keeping it and I'm staying with the Storm.
    Gimme a heads up on when you put it on eBay. PM me if u want pin
    07-21-09 07:35 PM
    Gimme a heads up on when you put it on eBay. PM me if u want pin
    I will let you know, it's like new and has an InvisiShield installed already.
    07-21-09 10:40 PM
    I went to the Verizon store yesterday and toyed around with a Tour, its a beautiful device. I kept finding myself trying to navigate using the screen though. I m waiting for that release thats supposed to happen after the Tour.
    Last edited by coronaboy10; 07-23-09 at 02:52 PM.
    07-23-09 02:48 PM
    Rc and ck didn't chime in on this one? Tour is jank, storm is jank. Curve ftw?

07-25-09 01:54 AM
    Rc and ck didn't chime in on this one? Tour is jank, storm is jank. Curve ftw?

Nah, they would say:

"Tour is jank. Storm is even more jank. RIM is the jankiest of them all. iPhone, Pre, G1 FTW"

07-25-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD