iPhone coming to Verizon in 2010. The Storm is a joke compared to the iPhone. It is amazing since November that the Storm is still glitchy and everyone having CONSTANT problems, whether you admit to it or not. You don't have to agree with me of course but the Storm is and will never be anything special. Verizon has the best service around and they need to start producing some phones that can compete. I know I will take a lot have flack for this post but I have big shoulders, so fire away if you must. Current Storm user until something better (iPhone) comes along.
    05-02-09 04:25 PM
    Though I agree with you, here's a flame suit; suit up.
    05-02-09 04:39 PM
    you'll catch flak for creating a new thread stating the same bs as 20 other threads. also for saying "everyone having CONSTANT problems, whether you admit to it or not". i'm not having a single problem so please dont speak for me.
    05-02-09 04:41 PM
    well i do agree with you on there being issues with the storm, and you can't argue the iphone is not a good phone. however one thing i think a lot of people should consider is the storm is not an iphone...its a blackberry. with that said i am not saying that one is better than the other, they are different phones made for different things. and another thing is iphones have had awhile to develop it hardware and software (they also had a head start with building off the ipod touch). blackberry is totally new to this whole touch only system, and all in all i think it will be a good phone. i personally like my storm and even some of the quarks that come with it. but to each his own, thats just me. and at the same time if the iphone is more appealing to you or anyone whom wishes to switch i think thats fine. for all the money we have to invest in cell phones these days we should be completely happy with what we have. i think i will stick with my storm. after all someone has to.
    Last edited by Joshua117; 05-02-09 at 04:49 PM.
    05-02-09 04:47 PM
    yes, do not measure everyone by the same yard stick. the iphone may not fit everyone's preferences. I went through iphone 2g, then 3g, now im using a berry. iphone still lacks the customizability and the sophistication of a blackberry.
    05-02-09 04:57 PM
    you should NEVER use general statements, they ALWAYS get you in trouble
    05-02-09 04:59 PM
    yes, do not measure everyone by the same yard stick. the iphone may not fit everyone's preferences. I went through iphone 2g, then 3g, now im using a berry. iphone still lacks the customizability and the sophistication of a blackberry.
    i could care less about those, multi-tasking was what was a key selling point for me originally. and i was looking for something to use mostly media on now, but since getting a curve and now a storm, i use a lot more of the business functions as well as media player and mobile web browsing.
    05-02-09 05:00 PM
    The iphone coming to verizon is anything but offical. Yes the companies have talked, but no definite conclusion has been reached. So i wouldnt get too excited, VZW is a hard company to develope phones for and apple is just as stringient with development as VZW. There will be a lot of hurdles the two companys have to jump in order for this to become completely true.

BTW... My storm is amazing and I definitely prefer it over my iphone that is sitting in my desk drawer right now.
    05-02-09 05:03 PM
    apple will have to change their approach for VZW to allow them to use their service and get anything for it. if apple stays the course then they'll be relying on open source networks to use their phone on VZW towers.
    05-02-09 05:05 PM
    Verizon and Apple are both control freaks. Im almost certain that they will never reach a agreement. This is why Verizon hasnt been proactive in getting the iphone since day one. VZW wants the control. Apple wont release the reigns.
    05-02-09 05:07 PM
    I agree with that completely.
    05-02-09 05:16 PM
    Well thank god I live in the U.S.A. where I can still have freedom of speech. Maybe you took me wrong, I use my storm everyday and it works, just not up to par like I think it should. Still running .75 and think they need to come out with some updates and fixes a heck of a lot faster. It would keep folks like me and many others happier and keeping there phones, that's all.
    05-02-09 05:39 PM
    there are plenty of people who use the phone every day and who enjoy it.

what were your expectations that weren't met, if you don't mind me asking?

i agree, the development and testing is slow, but it is by design. any faster and they leave stuff out or bugs get through.
    05-02-09 05:46 PM
    The fact that I had to put business cards under the battery to get the phone to click correctly, dust under the screen, battery drain, slow responding and locking up daily. I think they were in a hurry to get something out and this is what your are stuck with. Should have taken a little more time in my opinion. You should not buy a phone and have to worry about the above things I have mentioned, right out of the box. I like the functions and the all around use of it. Like I said, It should have been released a little later to perfect not software issues but the other listed above.
    05-02-09 05:56 PM
    The fact that I had to put business cards under the battery to get the phone to click correctly, dust under the screen, battery drain, slow responding and locking up daily. I think they were in a hurry to get something out and this is what your are stuck with. Should have taken a little more time in my opinion. You should not buy a phone and have to worry about the above things I have mentioned, right out of the box. I like the functions and the all around use of it. Like I said, It should have been released a little later to perfect not software issues but the other listed above.
    FRU that shizzz...you got a bad handset. my FRU is better than all but one of my friend's new phones, and that is because his was made by the RIM gnomes, they're like little swiss watch makers, but they make blackberries. only for testing though
    05-02-09 05:59 PM
    Idk bout a CDMA iPhone peaking my interests, unless it's 4G, LTE and an iPhone 2. If VZW gets the same rehashed 3G iPhone that will be over 2 years old at that time, I'll definatly pass. Also, it depends on what's worked out with VZW. If VZW maintains it's nazi death grip on the crapware (Rhapsody, VZ Nav, ect.) they pile onto phones, I will again pass. And then again, if they are left with software update control, you guessed it.....pass. VZW is definatly not a network that the iPhone can flourish on, unless they make radical consessions in their operating procedure.
    05-02-09 06:03 PM
    I can only hope Verizon steps up to the plate.
    05-02-09 06:21 PM
    Idk bout a CDMA iPhone peaking my interests, unless it's 4G, LTE and an iPhone 2. If VZW gets the same rehashed 3G iPhone that will be over 2 years old at that time, I'll definatly pass. Also, it depends on what's worked out with VZW. If VZW maintains it's nazi death grip on the crapware (Rhapsody, VZ Nav, ect.) they pile onto phones, I will again pass. And then again, if they are left with software update control, you guessed it.....pass. VZW is definatly not a network that the iPhone can flourish on, unless they make radical consessions in their operating procedure.
    i agree, but a lot of the VZW products are good and work well. if they allow for 3rd party apps AS WELL as the native VZW apps, then goody good. and apple is just as nazi-ism about their stuff as VZW and for good reason. gotta make them dolla dollas!
    05-02-09 06:21 PM
    Could you imagine an Iphone running BREW!!! Gross!!!!!! VZw loaded there software onto the storm, but luckily also made it very easy to remove as well.
    05-02-09 06:24 PM
    i agree, but a lot of the VZW products are good and work well. if they allow for 3rd party apps AS WELL as the native VZW apps, then goody good. and apple is just as nazi-ism about their stuff as VZW and for good reason. gotta make them dolla dollas!
    True true. I won't mind as long as they can be removed. The only VZW service I use is their network. just hope that iTunes will win the media war vs Rhapsody as far as a VZW iPhone goes. It's just a preference thing really. I'd rather have Apple in complete control of the device, like they have on AT&T now.
    05-02-09 06:56 PM
    just hope that iTunes will win the media war vs Rhapsody as far as a VZW iPhone goes. It's just a preference thing really. I'd rather have Apple in complete control of the device, like they have on AT&T now.
    Apple will dictate terms with VZW this go round. I can't imagine them abandoning iTunes. I like iTunes. Plug the device in and it updates everything (if need be)

Its just simple and efficient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 07:18 PM
    Apple will dictate terms with VZW this go round. I can't imagine them abandoning iTunes. I like iTunes. Plug the device in and it updates everything (if need be)

Yeah i agree there is no way they will abandon itunes
    05-02-09 07:33 PM
    For reasons pointed out by the OP, thank goodness I don't own and iPhone.
    05-02-09 07:36 PM

Very true. I'm sure VZW will be willing to play ball. They've lost MANY customers to the iPhone. They're not really in a position to call shots. Apple on the other hand, is.
    05-02-09 07:39 PM
    They've lost MANY customers to the iPhone.
    The current quarterly reports of customers retained versus lost by Verizon are positive. The negative reports of customers lost by Verizon point toward service rather than product. Remember that Apple reported a loss during that same quarter, even though both companies quarters end dates are different.
    Personally, I think the competition for customers is between AT&T and Verizon Wireless. Sprint is too busy rebuilding itself to remain competitive. Of course, the biggest thing AT&T has which Verizon Wireless does not is the iPhone.
    05-02-09 07:47 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD