i recently did an OS upgrade to .132........................ phone seems quite more responsive and quicker with a tad more mem IMO. I want to upgrade to a higher OS, like lydricals .141, but it is rather confusing to me to see all those links with exe. jar. files. when i upgraded to .132 i just clicked a link (there was only 1) and downloaded it. plugged my phone in and it upgraded. im sorry im not that knowledgable on all the file extensios and what they mean. but nonetheless.

is it worth it for me to upgrade from my current OS to a new one? what are some of the pros and cons everyone has?

thnx
    05-10-09 07:56 AM
    All depends on what you like I would try some of them to see which works. Crackman hybrid 3.5 & 141 have been the best for me. Each phone is different?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 08:11 AM
    All depends on what you like I would try some of them to see which works. Crackman hybrid 3.5 & 141 have been the best for me. Each phone is different?

I have to thry this im on some type of .141 but not they hybrid
    05-10-09 08:15 AM
    i recently did an OS upgrade to .132........................ phone seems quite more responsive and quicker with a tad more mem IMO. I want to upgrade to a higher OS, like lydricals .141, but it is rather confusing to me to see all those links with exe. jar. files. when i upgraded to .132 i just clicked a link (there was only 1) and downloaded it. plugged my phone in and it upgraded. im sorry im not that knowledgable on all the file extensios and what they mean. but nonetheless.

is it worth it for me to upgrade from my current OS to a new one? what are some of the pros and cons everyone has?

thnx
    take the plunge. I was weary at first because I'm not very confident with my skills on the computer. The Lydrical thread seems counfusing, but it's actually very simple and very quick. i was running .141 and his hybrid is SOOOOOOO much better!
    05-10-09 08:27 AM

I will definitely agree with this. All phones will act slightly different with each OS. .141 on my phone is running great. I havent had to do a battery pull lately, which after thinking about it is quite awesome.
    05-10-09 09:08 AM
    I am in the same boat as you and have be wanting to try a hybrid buthesitent to try. Any recommendations?
    05-10-09 11:43 AM
    Any recommendations as to the best hybrid to install. I have been holding off because I'm not to familiar with theses installs but been hearing some good things. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks OP for bringing this up.

Cheers!
    05-10-09 11:49 AM
    Ive been running the lyrical (mis-spelled) .141/5.0 hybrid for about a week and a half now, and have yet to have a single problem with the phone. Its been amazing!!
    05-10-09 12:06 PM
    I am in the same boat as you and have be wanting to try a hybrid buthesitent to try. Any recommendations?
    Try out BBCrackman's V5 its great
    05-10-09 12:10 PM
    Bacon..it's awesome
    05-10-09 02:57 PM
    4.7.0.65 Hands down!!
    05-10-09 03:05 PM
    I install all the new OS's that come out... Sometimes I find myself downgrading because of certain bugs and glitches though.

Today I downgraded to .132 from .141 because of the radio instability I was experiencing (Data connection was spotty despite constant 5 bar EVDO signal showing). Also the locking issue with .141 and the QuickLaunch flicker drove me nuts... I did load the 7 files from .132 to fix it but the radio instability ultimately drove me to downgrade back to .132

It's all up to you... I've been reluctant to change OS's recently because I run so many customized 3rd party Apps it takes me 18 hours just to set them all back up! Just remember, each phone will act slightly different even if it has the same OS, depends on 3rd party apps and how the OS settles.

Crwazyyyy shtuffphf
    05-10-09 03:08 PM
    Actually about to downgrade back to .132 because it was such a stable build. Running .141/5.0 Hybrid and my memory is hella draining but my battery seemed to be doing a lot better in .132
    05-10-09 03:33 PM

thnx
    Lydrical all the way. My phone is perfect. There are instructions included to help with the confusion.
    Last edited by leoleon09; 05-10-09 at 09:38 PM.
    05-10-09 09:35 PM
    The best OS so far (by far) is Lydrical .141/5.0 hybrid. The phone runs tip top and the OS is very easy to install.

Grey
    05-10-09 09:41 PM
    .141 was not a fix for anything for me ... .132 has been rock solid for a couple of weeks but I still DO recommend a battery pull once a week whether you think you need it or not. I ran into some glitches with .141 that were not OS specific but rather were problems with some apps. I use PodTrapper a lot and with .141 a lot of my downloads were showing up as incomplete or corrupted and I even had to do battery pulls to get out of Vodcasts that locked up my Storm. Went back to .132 and have not had the problem again. Don't know if this is OS or app problem. But, I even ported all my PodTrapper downloads to watch in BB Media Player thinking maybe the PodTrapper player was at fault. Nope ... it was only in .141 that I had the problem.

OS .132 for me, I love it .... I have not tried any hybrids ... straight .141 update just simply did nothing for my memory, battery life or anything else, just caused media problems.
    05-10-09 09:48 PM
    Ive been running the lyrical (mis-spelled) .141/5.0 hybrid for about a week and a half now, and have yet to have a single problem with the phone. Its been amazing!!
    Funny cause I have been running .141 since it got leaked with no issues. Yes I am aware of the lock bug, but since I don't use the factory lock it is irrelevant to me. Storm slider works great in conjunction with my sleeper case.
    05-10-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD