Ok for the last week my 9530 will reset while im browsing or using any app the when it reboots the battery is totally dead im using .862 Hybrid is it my battery or the os?

Thanks for any help
    gil
    08-23-10 07:14 AM
    I have been having the same damn issue and its driving me nuts. Im slowly thinking its the battery. I changed back to the .328 OS and nothing has changed.
    08-23-10 07:18 AM
    I have had this issue with my storm 2. I bought a new battery.....issue gone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 07:23 AM
    I have had this issue with my storm 2. I bought a new battery.....issue gone!

Thank you , that answers that
    08-23-10 07:24 AM
    Battery fixed my issue also
    08-23-10 03:29 PM
    This has been happening to me for about two weeks too. I ordered a new battery, and the battery is charging up right now. Amazon has them for $5 and I'm sure this site has good deals too.

I hope like **** this fixes it, otherwise i have to get a new phone. My old battery has gotten really puffy - the large sides of the battery are bowed outward. Good time for replacement.
    09-01-10 02:56 PM
    The new battery fixed it. It isn't happening anymore.
    09-11-10 10:43 AM
    my storm 9500 have this issue too...after new battery it really fix it...thanks
    09-12-10 04:33 PM
    I have 2 batteries and I have been having this issue with it rebooting.... Called verizon they said they have not heard of issue....
    pees me off...
    09-14-10 08:59 AM
    these things must have an EXACT lifespan... I too am having similar issues... Had thought it was software related as it happened around the time I started using DM version 6...
    09-14-10 09:43 AM
    hmmm this started to happen to me almost a week now... which is very annoying... but if the battery is the problem.. then i might just call Telus give some bs and give me a new phone... LIKE 9870... i'll wait a bit Longer hehe
    09-15-10 07:53 PM
    Also after using jl_cmdr fixed it I think.. I have had random resets then dead batteries. 5hrs and still going, random browsing, music emails and sms.

09-15-10 11:51 PM
    whoa could it be the battery causing this??? I had my first storm for a year a half with no issues. screen starting becoming less responsive so i got my first replacement (using original battery) and thats when the reboots started. I also get a message stating my charging source is unable to charge the device frequently. Time to call up Verizon and get them to send me a new battery!
    09-16-10 07:44 AM
    Well looks like the issue is gone because it would usually happen every hour until to the battery would die. So maybe try jl_cmdr to wipe the device going out to buy a new battery

09-16-10 12:31 PM
    I'm having the same issue.
    09-26-10 11:36 AM
    well it was my battery. in fact my battery was bulging pretty badly but replaced it and no more reboots!!
    09-27-10 07:28 AM
    Similar problem for me . . . my Storm works fine on long calls, viewing pictures or videos, text messages, work email, gmail app.

Even with a fully charged battery though, if I use the browser or Google maps GPS for more than about 2 minutes the screen goes black and I get a solid red LED. Then the phone goes to the white screen to reset, the blue bar slowly goes along the bottom and after a couple minutes the default screen appears with messages of "Media card found" and "Verifying security software" and then "Battery too low for radio" and the battery shows as 99% drained. This suddenly started about two weeks ago - the day before that I could surf the web on the Storm for an hour with no problems. I then have to recharge it and reset the wireless connection.

I have updated using the wireless option to the latest OS. I frankly don't think I have the skills to use something like "jl_cmdr" mentioned earlier in the thread though.

Could it really be the battery? And why does it only happen with web apps?

_____

Edit/Update - I borrowed a co-worker's battery and surfed the web for 10+ minutes and spent 5 minutes on Google Maps GPS - no reset problem. Maybe these apps drain a dying battery quicker than other uses?
    Last edited by Tenacious-D; 09-28-10 at 11:36 AM. Reason: More info
    09-28-10 09:45 AM
    yes it is the battery...replace it.
    10-04-10 08:35 AM
    Well, my Tour was doing it and I took it into a repair shop and they couldn't figure out what the problem is, so they said it could be an app. . .so they wiped my system. The problem persisted. I took it back to the store and got a new phone. The new phone. . . is now doing the same thing. I have added NO apps to the phone, and the ONLY things I carried over to the new phone were the BBM Contact info and my Address Book.

I have 2 new batteries and have used them both and still had the same problem.

So outside of getting a new phone (from another manufacturer), I don't know what to do!
    05-06-11 10:38 AM
    Had same issue. Bought new battery and Storm works like a Champ!

05-07-11 12:31 AM
    gr8 stuff man... good work!!! thank you....
    05-26-11 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD