I have read some threads/ posts saying that this works? anyone confirm or deny this for me? and can anyone provide a working OTA for v2? i searched but cant come up with any links that arent dead.
    thanks!
    Last edited by wittwizard07; 09-19-09 at 10:18 AM.
    09-19-09 10:13 AM
    I have read some threads/ posts saying that this works? anyone confirm or deny this for me? and can anyone provide a working OTA for v2? i searched but cant come up with any links that arent dead.
    thanks!
    I can confirm it does. Look in the Crackberry Store, that's where I bought mine.
    09-19-09 10:38 AM
    well thats a good start. now i just need an ota (i feel like the craigslist guy that started with a paperclip and ended up with a house today)
    09-19-09 10:39 AM
    well thats a good start. now i just need an ota (i feel like the craigslist guy that started with a paperclip and ended up with a house today)
    Use your Storm to go there, make your purchase, and download it OTA. Simple.
    09-19-09 10:41 AM
    use my storm to go where? i did multiple google searchs for an ota but came up with only dead links. should i go direct to steelthorn?
    09-19-09 10:43 AM
    use my storm to go where? i did multiple google searchs for an ota but came up with only dead links. should i go direct to steelthorn?
    Go to m.crackberry.com. When you get there you will see a link to the store. Click on that, do a search on Quickpull in the store search and you should find it.
    09-19-09 10:47 AM
    i tried that but it only came up with version 3.1.2 and that doesnt work. i had that before i went to .230 and then downloaded it again and nothin....
    09-19-09 10:51 AM
    i tried that but it only came up with version 3.1.2 and that doesnt work. i had that before i went to .230 and then downloaded it again and nothin....
    That's incorrect. 3.1.2 does work with 5.0. There is another program that resets your phone but 3.1.2 is what I have and it works.
    09-19-09 11:15 AM
    hmmmm maybe its just my phone. because i downloaded it and then set all the app permission's to 'allow' and when i click reset it says itll reboot in 5 secs like it always does, but then hangs.... then i hit back and it says something went wrong.... hook, what do your app permissions say? anything i should do differently? should i find a helmet lol?
    09-19-09 11:17 AM
    hmmmm maybe its just my phone. because i downloaded it and then set all the app permission's to 'allow' and when i click reset it says itll reboot in 5 secs like it always does, but then hangs.... then i hit back and it says something went wrong.... hook, what do your app permissions say? anything i should do differently? should i find a helmet lol?
    Sounds like it hung on the install. I didn't change any of the options, I simply set it for 5:00 am after it rebooted. Try to reinstall it again.
    09-19-09 11:22 AM
    you mean your device asked you to reboot after the install? think thats my problem? ive tried the lite version (2.2.1) the pro version (3.1.2) and i found a ver2 beta i tried and none of them worked. BUT i didnt reboot after install. will try that and update.
    09-19-09 11:25 AM
    2.2.1.0 works fine on mine. I DLd it awhile back from App World and gave it trusted app status.
    09-19-09 11:29 AM
    ya i did that too. im at the point where im thinking that its just my phone and it wont work. which i can live with, just giving it a solid effort because it makes my bb work super well
    09-19-09 11:34 AM
    Has anyone gotten quickpull lite to work? For those with working versions, is it the paid version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 11:42 AM
    so i downloaded 3.1.2 from crackberry app store. i pulled my battery after it was don installing. after it booted i set the schedule and the threshold. then i hit the reset button and it asked me if i wanted to add quickpulllib as a trusted app to which i clicked yes. now it just says my device will reboot in 5 secs on the screen and its just hanging. click back, and it says something went wrong, check device log. checked the permissions and everything says allow. so if im missing something then i dont know what it could be, if not then it sucks but i did what i could. thanks for your help hook and jibba!
    09-19-09 11:56 AM
    I don't even have a form of payment attached to my App World account (it requires Paypal right?). The description in the applications menu specifically notes that it's a free tool that works with all BB devices with OS 4.5+.

FWIW, for permissions (which I've never touched, at least on purpose), it's listed as Connections: Allow; Interactions: Custom; and User Date: Allow. In Interactions it denies Browser Filtering and prompts for Recording. It also denies Display Information While Locked.

I just retried it with a strange result. The first time, I didn't hit the Reboot Now button right away and it went into a freeze. I waited about 60 seconds and got worried that I was finally seeing what everyone else sees. I did a real battery pull and retried. The second time it worked without a problem.
    09-19-09 12:04 PM
    so i downloaded 3.1.2 from crackberry app store. i pulled my battery after it was don installing. after it booted i set the schedule and the threshold. then i hit the reset button and it asked me if i wanted to add quickpulllib as a trusted app to which i clicked yes. now it just says my device will reboot in 5 secs on the screen and its just hanging. click back, and it says something went wrong, check device log. checked the permissions and everything says allow. so if im missing something then i dont know what it could be, if not then it sucks but i did what i could. thanks for your help hook and jibba!
    I see what you mean. According to the log it has to do with the trust issue. Let me see what else I can find out.
    09-19-09 12:29 PM
    hook, i think you need a donate button somewhere. and if you can figure it out than my hat's off to you sir!
    09-19-09 01:00 PM
    im running version 1.2.0 which i got from crackberrymobile/free blackberry stom apps and yes it works as i just sat here and rebooted it as i was typing
    09-19-09 01:18 PM
    im running version 1.2.0 which i got from crackberrymobile/free blackberry stom apps and yes it works as i just sat here and rebooted it as i was typing
    Yeah but what OS are you running?
    09-19-09 01:40 PM
    3.1.2 doesn't work for me either. At least I don't need to reset very often!

09-19-09 02:48 PM
    i think what im going to do is backup then wipe to 504 using bbsak and then reload everything. something may have gotten corrupted somewhere. i just wish i didnt have to wait until after 8 when i get home from work
    09-19-09 03:06 PM
    I had posted that QP lite (the version dl'd from Storm OTA Apps Page) was working fine for me on .230. But for some reason it stopped working today. All of my permissions were set to allow, but it still kept on failing when trying to run.

Here is my work around, that I have been able to use to reset my phone, go into Options>Applications>QuickPull>Edit Permissions> Expand the interations section, and change device settings to Prompt. After changing to prompt, BB Button and Save, and you will get a message that the phone needs to be reset to allow change to device settings, and your phone will reset.

When the phone resets, you will get a message indicating that Quickpull wants to adjust its permissions (back to allow) which I save, and then can do the prompt option when needed.

Hope this works for everyone else.
    09-19-09 03:35 PM
    Yeah that makes sense. I have my permissions for interactions set as custom (see above) and the app works for me. I'm sure that one of the experts will figure it out soon enough.

09-19-09 04:27 PM
    I had posted that QP lite (the version dl'd from Storm OTA Apps Page) was working fine for me on .230. But for some reason it stopped working today. All of my permissions were set to allow, but it still kept on failing when trying to run.

Here is my work around, that I have been able to use to reset my phone, go into Options>Applications>QuickPull>Edit Permissions> Expand the interations section, and change device settings to Prompt. After changing to prompt, BB Button and Save, and you will get a message that the phone needs to be reset to allow change to device settings, and your phone will reset.

When the phone resets, you will get a message indicating that Quickpull wants to adjust its permissions (back to allow) which I save, and then can do the prompt option when needed.

Hope this works for everyone else.

Just did exactley as you said, it did not work. It will still fail after I ask it to reboot now. And I downloaded the same version of QP etc.. Thanks anyways.
    Quickpull is not as necessary with .230, it is so stable and memory drops so little. Still would be nice though.
    09-19-09 04:27 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD