I upgraded to .141 this morning and aside from the lock/unlock bug, the phone is stuck in headset mode. I've tried multiple battery pulls, downgrading to .75 and .132, all to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
    04-30-09 03:13 PM
    Stick a set of headphones in the headphone jack for 3-5 seconds, then go back to the HOME SCREEN and unplug the headphones (dont go ripping the headphones out, as this is what i noticed in my issues causes the phone to become stuck in the first place, like pulling the headphones out in the middle of listing to a song or video).

Usually works for me. This has been an issue with many builds.

You would think resetting the phone would fix this, but it doesn't. Has something to do with the sound device software not recognizing there is no longer a set of headphones in place...
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 04-30-09 at 03:18 PM.
    04-30-09 03:15 PM
    Thanks. That worked after I dug around and found the headset that came with the phone. Regular headphones didn't work.
    04-30-09 03:23 PM
    I believe for Rec7ify's suggestion to work, they need to be headphones with a microphone (a headset)
    04-30-09 03:50 PM
    some thread out there said just to jab something into the jack. I used a pen tip. Tried the in out headphone things, didn't work. Pen trick did though
    04-30-09 03:52 PM
    I can't believe I just believed I could jam a pen into my storm as a fix. I cannot believe I went ahead and jammed a pen cartridge into my Storm as a
    fix.
    But dang it --- believe it or not this actually worked. Thabl you for sparing me a pointless downgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 01:31 AM
    hmm this hasnt helped my headset issue
    05-31-09 07:59 PM
    There has GOT to be a way to reset ge default back tp handset instead of headphones.

05-31-09 11:34 PM
    Stick a set of headphones in the headphone jack for 3-5 seconds, then go back to the HOME SCREEN and unplug the headphones (dont go ripping the headphones out, as this is what i noticed in my issues causes the phone to become stuck in the first place, like pulling the headphones out in the middle of listing to a song or video).

Usually works for me. This has been an issue with many builds.

You would think resetting the phone would fix this, but it doesn't. Has something to do with the sound device software not recognizing there is no longer a set of headphones in place...
    WOW seems to work.. As frustrating as it seems to be. It seems to work..

The only MAJOR problem I seem to have is when (I guess) i forget to "properly" remove my headphones from the home screen. Later, when I get an incoming call, the phone will still be in headphone mode. This leaves me scrambling to, either push the button on the call screen that ONLY toggles between headphone and speaker mode or pushing the blackberry button to have the option between handset or speaker.

This seems to be a multitasking glitch with either the OS, the (phone, mp3 and any other audio) apps, or (hopefully not) a hardware glitch with the storm.

It would be nice if one of the programmers here on CB would put their input to shead some light on the situation

06-01-09 07:13 AM
    As much as we want it to be, the storm right now just isn't good for multitasking. Hopefully it will get there soon if possible.

06-01-09 07:20 AM
    As much as we want it to be, the storm right now just isn't good for multitasking. Hopefully it will get there soon if possible.

Agreed... But the question is..is this a software problem that can be fixed...OR a hardware issue that can NOT be fixed..

Hopefully its not the ladder...

06-01-09 07:55 AM
    Agreed... But the question is..is this a software problem that can be foxed...OR a hardware issue that can NOT be fixed..

Hopefully its not the ladder...

I think you meant latter and not what we use to climb to reach higher levels. But yeah, me too.

06-01-09 07:58 AM
    Yea I guess I should be more careful of what the spell correction throws in ;-)

06-01-09 11:00 AM
    well i can confirm that downgrading to .75 resolves the issue... therefore... software issue
    06-02-09 12:02 AM
    well i can confirm that downgrading to .75 resolves the issue... therefore... software issue
    Well that is...sort of good... That means it can be fixed�

06-02-09 06:06 AM
    mine did the same exact thing after the upgrade. i read up on another site that cleaning the headset jack might work due to dirt buildup in it, so i cleaned it with a q-tip and it worked!!! it's no longer stuck on headset mode.
    06-05-09 01:20 PM
    Q-tip did do the trick. Mine is working fine now as well.
    07-31-09 08:42 AM
    any other solution that is concrete? these fiddly solutions people keep coming up with are annoying cus they don't work!!
    08-11-09 07:44 AM
    Hi all.

My wife BB Storm had the same problem.

So about 30 min looking around a web . Here is the SOLUTION!

Dust Off! (compressed air/gas) right into the headset jack!!!!!(full throttle)
    And do it when you are have a call. Than you be able to see the small icon going to change to headphone itself!

Good luck! Hope it helps!
    08-14-09 12:05 AM
    just stuck the tip of a mechanical pencil & it worked!!!!
    09-30-09 06:18 PM
    tried all the above and the only one that worked is a q-tip! What an annoying glitch...
    10-09-09 06:16 PM
    Thanks for the info!

Dm
    10-13-09 09:32 AM
    A little late to the party, but my ATT 9700 did the same thing. It was flopping back and forth between headset and regular speaker mode. I tried a battery pull and it was still doing it. However I blew the jack out with an air duster and then tried plugging in headphones (didn't even need a BB headset) the phone did a full reboot after about 5 seconds plugged in to the headphones and when it had finished rebooting, the phone was back to normal.
    04-21-10 05:55 PM
    Tried plugging in headphones and that didn't work, but for some reason sticking the end of a q-tip in the jack fixed my problem. Hmm??

06-04-10 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD